[::Official Chargers vs. Bengals Thread - Vol. Chris will be watching from above::]

R.I.P. Chris
frown.gif

Sunday 1:05pm pt on CBS.
gonna be the most pivitol game of the season for both teams. Not only that but the bengals are obviously going to have a big fire of emotions this week so Iexpec a very competitive game. Hoping forthe best for both teams this week, but obviously I'd like to secure a bye for my bolts over everything. Can'twait, good luck bengals fans
pimp.gif

its gonna be an emotional game...i like the chargers and hopefully they do well but im sorta torn to rooting for the bengals because i know chris henry willbe there for them for spirit

In the playoff prediction thread I got Cincy winning this game and finishing with the #2 AFC seed. Know I probably should have changed it with the passing ofChris Henry (R.I.P.), even though the Bengals did respond after the death of Coach Zimmer's wife. Traveling out west against a hot San Diego team with PhilRivers who is absolutely perfect in December...all adds up to a Chargers win. There's a small chance the SD defense has a breakdown or bad game. Cincyneeds to pound the rock with Benson/LJ/Scott (questionable). Something isn't right with the passing attack - Palmer, 85, and Bubba haven't been ascrisp as you would like heading down the stretch.

The NFL Players Association is offering to cover any fines that Bengals wide receiver Chad Ochocinco would incur for wearing Chris Henry's No. 15 jersey during Sunday's game versus San Diego, a source close to the situation said.

Ochocinco wants to wear Henry's jersey to honor his former teammate, who passed away Thursday, just as he did during practice last week, but league rules prohibit it. Ochcocinco is well familiar with NFL rules. He was prevented from changing the name on his jersey two years ago unless it was his legal name; later Chad Johnson officially changed his name to Chad Ochocinco.

The Bengals already are going to be wearing a decal with Henry's No. 15 on their helmets. But Ochocinco wants to further honor his teammate, and it sets up an interesting situation leading into Sunday.

Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider.

Cool gesture by Chad...we're still gonna win tho.

I predict it will be like the game a few years ago, Bengals out in front early but we'll have a good turn around in the second half.

Is it gonna be an Ochocinco with the Number 15, or a full-on Henry 15?

pimp.gif
gesture by dude tho, he's gonna have a monster game for his homie

RIP 15

great gesture by the players union and ocho cinco.
they had said earlier this week that he couldnt wear, but if i as ochocinco i would do it anyway
grin.gif

i hope they can pull it off too. tough week for them

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Will they even let Chad step on the field with a jersey that isn't his?

thats what i was thinking myself. like will the refs even let em or keep throwing flags or sumn?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

Originally Posted by bkmac

Can the Bengals wrap up a playoff spot with a win?
Yeah, will wrap up the division. Going to be a tough game though.
I hope they do, for their emotional sake and the fact that they may take it easy the next two weeks after this (play the Jets to end the regularseason, we need all the help we can get).

I actually agree with Durden....seems like the usual look at me Chad, of course he HAS to be the one doing that, just typical. Maybe it is meant with all goodintentions but again just seems typical. As for game SD should take it. I want to see Carsin throw some long passes though, not convinced his elbow isn'tbothering him

eek.gif
"look at me"

That was one of his best friends.

Chad & Housh were Henry's best friends from the Bengals WHO ELSE would be more inclined to do so.

Is it any different then Jake plummer wanting to wear the pat tillman decal even after the nfl alotted time to wear it?

Peyton manning trying to get the all black cleats approved for johnny unitas...

Look at them, attention seekers ...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

eek.gif
"look at me"

Chad & Housh were Henry's best friends from the Bengals WHO ELSE would be more inclined to do so.

Is it any different then Jake plummer wanting to wear the pat tillman decal even after the nfl alotted time to wear it?

smh.gif

Those examples are very different than this though.

This is just the mans jersey. Its a number. How is that a tribute to him?

The Manning reference is close to this scenario, but its not like Manning was going to go out there and wear them and take the fine. He asked, they said no,he said ok.

There are other ways in which he can honor his friend without causing such a media circus.

Wearing someones jersey isnt a tribute.

RIP young chris henry

but the chargers will roll over the bungles today. chad johnson can only do so much as a receiver; if carson can't get time to throw then chad'spractically useless. the bolt's pass rush is improving every week. they don't have a lot of sacks as a team, but they hurry the opposing qb's verywell...not only that, the secondary is doing pretty well too. i don't think the bungles D will be able to handle LT, rivers, gates, jackson and the rest ofthe offense.

and about chad wearing chris's jersey: if he does, nice...if not, it's still okay. still have to show up and do his job.

Eh after watching more stuff I take back my earlier comments, I can admit when I think I'm wrong, sorry. Football wise huge game today

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

eek.gif
"look at me"

smh.gif

Those examples are very different than this though.

This is just the mans jersey. Its a number. How is that a tribute to him?

The Manning reference is close to this scenario, but its not like Manning was going to go out there and wear them and take the fine. He asked, they said no, he said ok.

There are other ways in which he can honor his friend without causing such a media circus.

Wearing someones jersey isnt a tribute.

Wait, how is wearing his jersey not a tribute? When he died earlier this week and he was his closest friend on the team?

He's not wearing the jersey anyway, but your logic is flawed.

Back
Top Bottom