[::Official Chargers vs. Bengals Thread - Vol. Chris will be watching from above::]

Discussion in 'Sports & Training' started by licensed to ball, Dec 19, 2009.

1. licensed to ball

licensed to ball

R.I.P. Chris [​IMG]

Sunday 1:05pm pt on CBS.
    gonna be the most pivitol game of the season for both teams. Not only that but the bengals are obviously going to have a big fire of emotions this week so Iexpec a very competitive game. Hoping forthe best for both teams this week, but obviously I'd like to secure a bye for my bolts over everything. Can'twait, good luck bengals fans [​IMG]

2. bkmac

bkmac Banned

Can the Bengals wrap up a playoff spot with a win?

3. jdcurt2

jdcurt2

Yeah, will wrap up the division. Going to be a tough game though.

4. westcoastsfinest

westcoastsfinest

its gonna be an emotional game...i like the chargers and hopefully they do well but im sorta torn to rooting for the bengals because i know chris henry willbe there for them for spirit

5. champcruthik

champcruthik

In the playoff prediction thread I got Cincy winning this game and finishing with the #2 AFC seed. Know I probably should have changed it with the passing ofChris Henry (R.I.P.), even though the Bengals did respond after the death of Coach Zimmer's wife. Traveling out west against a hot San Diego team with PhilRivers who is absolutely perfect in December...all adds up to a Chargers win. There's a small chance the SD defense has a breakdown or bad game. Cincyneeds to pound the rock with Benson/LJ/Scott (questionable). Something isn't right with the passing attack - Palmer, 85, and Bubba haven't been ascrisp as you would like heading down the stretch.

6. rawsheed

rawsheed

7. naija nitemare

naija nitemare

Is it gonna be an Ochocinco with the Number 15, or a full-on Henry 15?

[​IMG] gesture by dude tho, he's gonna have a monster game for his homie

RIP 15

8. grimey

grimey

Can't wait for this game.

9. mr jordan04

mr jordan04

great gesture by the players union and ocho cinco.
    they had said earlier this week that he couldnt wear, but if i as ochocinco i would do it anyway [​IMG]
    i hope they can pull it off too. tough week for them

10. smoke ya later

smoke ya later

hope they can win this one

11. kiddin like jason

kiddin like jason

Will they even let Chad step on the field with a jersey that isn't his?

12. mr jordan04

mr jordan04

thats what i was thinking myself. like will the refs even let em or keep throwing flags or sumn? [​IMG]

13. simplisd

simplisd

Should be a good one [​IMG]

14. bkmac

bkmac Banned

I hope they do, for their emotional sake and the fact that they may take it easy the next two weeks after this (play the Jets to end the regularseason, we need all the help we can get).

15. jerseymizzle

jerseymizzle

i'm curious what's going to happen with the chad and the jersey...they made him take off "ocho cinco" before the game when he originally didit and still fined him.
    went after jake plummer for the tillman decal too.

definitely going to be a fine, i'm not sure if they'll let him take the field [​IMG]

chargers should effectively lock up the 2 seed tomorrow.

16. durden7

durden7

The whole jersey thing is a lousy tribute. Its not honoring him at all.

17. gameover2

gameover2

i hope the Chargers roll and cover.

18. dmxfury

dmxfury Moderator

I actually agree with Durden....seems like the usual look at me Chad, of course he HAS to be the one doing that, just typical. Maybe it is meant with all goodintentions but again just seems typical. As for game SD should take it. I want to see Carsin throw some long passes though, not convinced his elbow isn'tbothering him

19. gunna get it

gunna get it

[​IMG] "look at me"

That was one of his best friends.

Chad & Housh were Henry's best friends from the Bengals WHO ELSE would be more inclined to do so.

Is it any different then Jake plummer wanting to wear the pat tillman decal even after the nfl alotted time to wear it?

Peyton manning trying to get the all black cleats approved for johnny unitas...

Look at them, attention seekers ...
    [​IMG]

20. S4L

S4L

He's not wearing the jersey....

21. durden7

durden7

Those examples are very different than this though.

This is just the mans jersey. Its a number. How is that a tribute to him?

The Manning reference is close to this scenario, but its not like Manning was going to go out there and wear them and take the fine. He asked, they said no,he said ok.

There are other ways in which he can honor his friend without causing such a media circus.

Wearing someones jersey isnt a tribute.

22. dmxfury

dmxfury Moderator

I hope I'm wrong, I hope I'm wrong, bad situation all around

23. shaqrules

shaqrules

RIP young chris henry

but the chargers will roll over the bungles today. chad johnson can only do so much as a receiver; if carson can't get time to throw then chad'spractically useless. the bolt's pass rush is improving every week. they don't have a lot of sacks as a team, but they hurry the opposing qb's verywell...not only that, the secondary is doing pretty well too. i don't think the bungles D will be able to handle LT, rivers, gates, jackson and the rest ofthe offense.

and about chad wearing chris's jersey: if he does, nice...if not, it's still okay. still have to show up and do his job.

24. dmxfury

dmxfury Moderator

Eh after watching more stuff I take back my earlier comments, I can admit when I think I'm wrong, sorry. Football wise huge game today

25. dacomeup

dacomeup

Wait, how is wearing his jersey not a tribute? When he died earlier this week and he was his closest friend on the team?

He's not wearing the jersey anyway, but your logic is flawed.