Official Childish Gambino (Donald Glover from Community) Thread - Signs multiyear deal w/ Amazon and opts out of FX partnership

DC tickets gone in 5 mins? smh

I was trying for almost an hour during a meeting and nothing on my phone. Came back to my desk and tried there and scored 2 tickets. Its not where I wanted to sit, but I'll still be happy to go.

Was able to grab 4 200 level seats at msg on the amex presale. Theyre like row 20 so they were $80 (100 after fees) compared to the highest price range of $130 (157 after) and those ones were 200 level maybe row 1-10. So Im happy with the value I got.

It’s just nonsense how they do all these presales and yet floor and 100 level seats are still impossible to get. Doubt they’ll release any more of those on the next presales bc they didnt for the Amex presale beginning

Got two floor seats for philly . Can’t wait.

And yeah ticket sales are getting so stupid. I swear StubHub buys up most of the tickets . Should be illegal.

Last edited:
got 2x VIP floors for the forum. $555 total. probably gonna buy some more tix for friday to resell to lower my costs.

general lower level for Oakland was 275 per on the pre-sale :smh::sick:

Yeah man, tickets are becoming absurd. Especially arena tours. It’s insane. For that price you should be first 3 rows on the floor.

What’s even worse is they still sell out instantly and then resell prices are almost double sometimes.

Yeah man, tickets are becoming absurd. Especially arena tours. It’s insane. For that price you should be first 3 rows on the floor.

What’s even worse is they still sell out instantly and then resell prices are almost double sometimes.

Yea and Bay Area stops on the tours are usually so much more expensive. I have been flying out to other cities to watch some folks, just because it is so much more cheaper that way. Plus I get to make a weekend out of it.

Yea and Bay Area stops on the tours are usually so much more expensive. I have been flying out to other cities to watch some folks, just because it is so much more cheaper that way. Plus I get to make a weekend out of it.

I stay doing this with friends in other cities over seeing shows at MSG haha

got banned from ticketmaster right before General tickets released.. perfect.

Could not cart anything decent for MSG....smh same scenario all the time here in NYC. Just going to cop on stubhub later on. No way I’m missing out on this after seeing him last year at Gov. Ball. He killed it.

"We just want to party. Party just for you." and "You just a Black man in this world. You just a barcode." is referencing commercialization of the black experience through black pop culture. I don't think it's only about happy music with chaotic imagery though (but I do think that's a part of it). Some of the music itself is also more in line with "gangster" rap music with the skrt skrt adlibbed "i got the strap" verse. A lot of it is commentating on the black experience being monetized "get your money black man".

The way I interpreted it is that he's taking different forms of black pop culture and the black experience and setting them in this empty warehouse together. There's a lot of different sounds, different imagery, and different dances (MJ nod at the end dancing on top of the car). Letting all of it interact with one another in a disturbing way to see how they all fit in together.

Commentary on capitalism and America as well in a more broader context.

Product and real life being set in the same space. The setting is in a warehouse because they're the products.

S/O to the director Hiro Murai.

Back
Top Bottom