Official Childish Gambino (Donald Glover from Community) Thread - Signs multiyear deal w/ Amazon and opts out of FX partnership

Done by Bosslogic.

This is a galaxy

childish solo.jpg

Bonfire, Firefly, Heartbeat, All the Shine... fam... I STILL play LES on a weekly basis. Album is great, man. :smokin :smokin :smokin

I’ve never heard/seen slander for Camp. This is new to me.

Bonfire, Firefly, Heartbeat, All the Shine... fam... I STILL play LES on a weekly basis. Album is great, man. :smokin :smokin :smokin

I’ve never heard/seen slander for Camp. This is new to me.

and theres lot more out there, people just "forgetting" and recognizing now cause of how big he is now :lol:

thought this was hilarious

Yeah that’s wild. But the naysayers gonna say nay. Album’s always been solid imo.

But it is interesting to see the amount of love he’s getting now. I remember a few years back when he was performing on stage and rapping about killing Drake, Kendrick, etc. They laughed him out of the room. :lol:

Think that was like 2014 or something. Around the time Stone Mountain Kauai dropped.

Speaking of Stone Mountain Kauai, that project was pretty damn good too.

Matter of fact... Quiet as kept, Bino covertly been that ***** since Culdesac. :lol:

Folks have been talking junk about Camp!? Where dey at!? :angry:

Camp was dope, along with the EP, Royalty and STN MTN/Kauai. Dammit Culdesac was hot too!! :lol:

There's defintiely another layer to This Is America and that layer is this sudden love Gambino is getting and I can't shake the suspicion that he did the trap beat on purpose so more black people would listen more. Also, that's why you see all these trends in the music video among this chaos cuz he really didn't say much of anything on the actual song.

Listen again.

Reading between the lines, he's saying a lot about the state of things now.

I do think part of adding all those features was to help the song, but I think it also says a lot to have them pitching in on something like this. To have Thug at the end talking about being a black man in America...that's something I can really appreciate artistically. Especially considering this song and video is almost an amalgamation of the black experience since we got here. So while you can hear the trap influence, there's also a lot of African influence, gospel etc.

Listen again.

I do think part of adding all those features was to help the song, but I think it also says a lot to have them pitching in on something like this. To have Thug at the end talking about being a black man in America...that's something I can really appreciate artistically. Especially considering this song and video is almost an amalgamation of the black experience since we got here. So while you can hear the trap influence, there's also a lot of African influence, gospel etc.

Dude I listen to it almost at least 2-3 times a day lol I know he's saying more. But he's also not saying much at the same time. Some of the lines are kinda cryptic. Yo, did you notice that the drums don't kick in until he twitches/starts poppjng? I think he represents the chaos and conflict in black culture. Cuz it seems like he wants to groove to the african music but he's struggling in the beginning like he's hyper aggressive in his movements and then that weird face. It looks like he represents the trap drums and beat.

Listen again.

There's an interview with one of the producers where they say that he was trying to have a "We Are the World" vibe when making this song.

the way Gambino fans are eating now is pretty amazing. :smokin

i started listening to Gambino a little after STN MTN/KAUAI dropped when he went on a hiatus and deleted everything. it was pretty sad for Gambino fans because no one knew what was happening, Community went on with their 6th season without Troy, the Gambino reddit page was dead and everyone wanted new music/updates. :lol:

now it's AML, Atlanta, Solo, SNL, This is America/New Album, New Tour :smokin

Gambino is a mastermind... tbh

Also STN MNTN >>>>>>

Probably my favorite thing he's done besides the old nasally indie freestyles :lol:

I wish I had a massive amount of clout/bill gates money in the world. I would have Tyler The Creator, Childish Gambino, Kanye West, Lupe, Pharrell, Rhymefest, The Roots, All of Black Hippy, Mos Def, Frank Ocean, The internet, Anderson.Paak, Mr Hudson & The Library, Organized Noise, Thundercat, Robert Glasper, Ludwig, all the musicians on TPAB, Travis Scott and Outkast all go in on a massive collaborative project.

Back
Top Bottom