Official Coachella 2017 Thread: Radiohead, Lady Gaga & Kendrick Lamar

future killed it

he brought out Ty, Migos, and Drake

Zaytoven was on the keys

it was a very good set and he finally using autotune on his mics which made it that much better

I have seen him several times in the past at clubs and major festivals and his performance is always a let down but this time he got it right for the most part just fine tune the small things like running out of breath

Anybody got tips for getting into the parking lots without a wristband? Trying to get in and then catch somebody leaving to buy wristbands off of them.

Yeah, Future killed it

Went to see Majid Jordan right after Future, amazing!!

Back for day 3, hope my body doesn't break down on me

This Hans Zimmer set isn't the greatest performance Ive seen in 2017 thus far.

Wish I was there for this epic ness.

This man is a legendary talent

This Hans Zimmer set isn't the greatest performance Ive seen in 2017 thus far.

Wish I was there for this epic ness.

This man is a legendary talent
Maybe I missed it but I didn't hear any MoS or Wonder Woman. Those have the be the most hype inducing stuff especially WW

Was able to to get on the grounds Sunday and buy wristbands from people who were leaving.

My experience after getting in around 6:

- Antarctic was dope. I'm sure it'd be 10x better with substances.
- Madeon & Porter was ok
- Hans Zimmer was pretty dope. Full orchestra at Coachella was a different experience. The cellist was :evil:
- Had a burger w fries at Eureka in the craft beer area. Both burger and fries were cold. $15 I think.
- Had a sour from Rare Barrel & a triple IPA from Noble. Didn't realize they were $14 a pop for 7oz.
- Caught 15 minutes of Justice. Had a good, dancey time.
- Moseyed on over to Marshmello. Spent 15 minutes just trying to get into the tent. After all of that, we found quickly that there was pretty much ZERO bass coming out the speakers. Left after first half of a song.
- Kendrick Lamar. I enjoyed it but damn was I expecting a lot more. I saw no reason for him bringing up Q & Future. Kdot did nothing when they were up there. Was hoping Q meant Black Hippy was coming out. I don't think he did songs from OD or Section 80. Closed with LOVE. Why?

for me as a german guy working in the music industry....coachella is not even about music anymore, but much more about those self-centered egos in the crowd and their outfits and instagram shots. it really makes me wanna puke! seems like every young german actress or wannabe-star or wack person from berlin in general is running around coachella. 

i would not come back for next year even if they'd pay me to go.....

Last edited:
for me as a german guy working in the music industry....coachella is not even about music anymore, but much more about those self-centered egos in the crowd and their outfits and instagram shots. it really makes me wanna puke! seems like every young german actress or wannabe-star or wack person from berlin in general is running around coachella. 

i would not come back for next year even if they'd pay me to go.....

Gotta chime in. I've missed only 3 Coachellas since 2003, including this year. 2016 was likely my last for a while. I still love the fest and its vast array of music and artists but the people get crappier every year, and there's more people every year. And from what I've read in the Coachella subreddit, it's getting worse (rude people, fights in and around the Sahara tent, thefts and pick pockets).

For the love of God, why you you pay $400 or so to come to a festival and talk loudly to your friends when there's art to be seen and heard, all around you. People don't even feel dumb for being ignorant of the music in front of them. Act like you know.

Guess I'm just old, but it used to be better. Still would recommend to any one that has never been, just be respectful of others is all I'd say.

Having not been able to go, I'd say the YouTube streams have been done very well.

I've been to 4 now (12, 13, 15, 17) and it definitely seems like it's progressively getting filled with overly aggressive douchebags and people who don't know their limits with substances. I pretty much avoid the Sahara cause those types of people are concentrated there.

They apparently increased the capacity this year to 125k from 100k last year. An extra 25% more people and all they did was extend the fields a little bit, tents/stages are still pretty much the same size.

But hey, it's a business I guess.

I wanted to go but after seeing the energy of the crowd it looks like a waste of time. Definitely looks like a be seen event. 

It was only my first year but I can sense people were there because a case of fomo or 'be seen', or posting IG pics rather for the music. Even the crowd I was with was more about getting high and environment rather than seeing the artists. I wanted to get my money's worth and watch as much artists as I could, not just sit on the grass.

The only thing that stood out is that you're going to miss artists you want to see because they overlap with another artist time schedule. That part bummed me out but I get it, no way to see everybody. I was a bit surprised how many artists I missed because of this.

If I do go back, probably would rather just go with my girl rather than a big group. Too hard to keep everyone together (let alone find when you do lose them) and you can see the acts you want to see

It was only my first year but I can sense people were there because a case of fomo or 'be seen', or posting IG pics rather for the music. Even the crowd I was with was more about getting high and environment rather than seeing the artists. I wanted to get my money's worth and watch as much artists as I could, not just sit on the grass.

The only thing that stood out is that you're going to miss artists you want to see because they overlap with another artist time schedule. That part bummed me out but I get it, no way to see everybody. I was a bit surprised how many artists I missed because of this.

If I do go back, probably would rather just go with my girl rather than a big group. Too hard to keep everyone together (let alone find when you do lose them) and you can see the acts you want to see

1st festival?

There's always gonna be conflicts especially in a loaded lineup.
And rule #1 if you paid $500 for a ticket go see who and your girl want to see. Don't follow your friends you'll always regret it.

A big group is fun to camp with def but go off on your own or with your girl once your in the festival area. Also, Coachella is just more fun without your girl.

As far as conflicts go, I prefer to immerse myself in one artists set than split time between 2 or more, if that conflict arises.

As much as I like to ***** about crappy people at the festival, there are many cool folks, too. (But you won't find them at the Sahara tent, lol).

I'd love to go one more time as a single guy. I'm excited for all going their first time. Come back to this thread with your stories.

Was there yesterday (paid a friend of a friend for Friday only)

Saw crystal castles, Mac miller, empire of the sun (for like 15 min) caught a few Travis Scott songs from
Far away though
Radiohead though, loved it. Listening to Exit music for a film live was a amazing

Copped a Radiohead tee, KL hoodies and a tee
As for food, got a slice of spicy pie pizza (huge slice for $7), sticked to water all night, ol girl got some mocha ice cream (not a coffee fan) and some Mac n cheese topped with pulled BBQ pork.
Also came away with some records at the record store ($1 45's )

Tips: Enter Sahara from the right side of the stage

Shoutout to the nt'er who shouted money all when they saw my red NTLA soccer jersey

Last edited:
Was there yesterday (paid a friend of a friend for Friday only)

Saw crystal castles, Mac miller, empire of the sun (for like 15 min) caught a few Travis Scott songs from
Far away though
Radiohead though, loved it. Listening to Exit music for a film live was a amazing

Copped a Radiohead tee, KL hoodies and a tee
As for food, got a slice of spicy pie pizza (huge slice for $7), sticked to water all night, ol girl got some mocha ice cream (not a coffee fan) and some Mac n cheese topped with pulled BBQ pork.
Also came away with some records at the record store ($1 45's )

Tips: Enter Sahara from the right side of the stage

Shoutout to the nt'er who shouted money all when they saw my red NTLA soccer jersey

Crystal Castles one of my favorites.
How was the set?
Glad to hear you went.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom