Official Coachella 2017 Thread: Radiohead, Lady Gaga & Kendrick Lamar

It's always funny when people say "Beyonce is overrated" because the statement never follows with anyone else who could do what she does. No one in music is doing 2hrs straight of hits with perfect vocal performance and choreography. Granted, some of her music I don't really care for...but strictly as an entertainer, it gets no better. Her work ethic is unreal. And that performance last night was undeniably BLACK as hell. I know the rich Coachella crowd was confused AF lol

It's always funny when people say "Beyonce is overrated" because the statement never follows with anyone else who could do what she does. No one in music is doing 2hrs straight of hits with perfect vocal performance and choreography. Granted, some of her music I don't really care for...but strictly as an entertainer, it gets no better. Her work ethic is unreal. And that performance last night was undeniably BLACK as hell. I know the rich Coachella crowd was confused AF lol

It's just cool to hate on her because of how big she is

It's just cool to hate on her because of how big she is
Basically. They did lift every voice b, that’s my childhood. Most people I see “unimpressed” is the non black folk.

I didn’t watch the performance so I can’t comment on the performance itself, but I just see so many people on social media going crazy over it. I saw her Super Bowl performance and some other performances. Don’t get me wrong, she’s a good performer. I’m not knocking the performance. But her music as a hole is overrated to me, and in my honest opinion there are a lot of other black female artists I much rather listen to and see perform.

Maybe her music just isn’t for me. But I still think people overrate her as an artist. What do I know though.

I mean the music is whatever, IMO it’s for women mostly. But as a entertainer/performer, I don’t think there’s no one better. I see dudes gassing Kanye shows when her **** blows em out the water and yesterday was an example of that. Destinys child, the band, les twins, solange, washed camel, along with crazy choreo and hits on hits on hits. She gave them people a show.

Every other Coachella performer this year or of all time? That is a BOLD statement.
This year for sure. I've been watching a lot of the performances.

Of all time? I wouldn't know.

Of the years I been watching? Def top 5. maybe top 3. And I'm not a Beyonce fan at all.

I didn’t watch the performance so I can’t comment on the performance itself, but I just see so many people on social media going crazy over it. I saw her Super Bowl performance and some other performances. Don’t get me wrong, she’s a good performer. I’m not knocking the performance. But her music as a hole is overrated to me, and in my honest opinion there are a lot of other black female artists I much rather listen to and see perform.

Maybe her music just isn’t for me. But I still think people overrate her as an artist. What do I know though.

Her music isnt supposed to be for us. We're men :lol:

Irreplacable wasnt meant for us to vibe too :lol:.

Nothing about her is overrated. She's been having hits since 99. That's not being overrated. That's just you not liking her. Which is fine.

Not really into Beyonce's music personally. I mean it was impressive in the sense that she's in shape like an athlete to have the stamina for that performance but she's being overhyped when ppl are saying best performer ever that's disrespecting legends like MJ and Prince etc.

Nobody is saying best performer ever. I wouldn't be mad if people say best performer since those two. Or best of this generation

To me Beyoncé’s music is mostly pop. Like I said, I have respect for a lot of female artists, but it’s too pop to me. And her being around since 99 means nothing to me. Eminem has been around since what, 98? His music is still whack these days and his performances are equally awful.

Wait, is Eminem performing tonight? I just remember Coachella’s lineup looking super weak to me but just remembered he’s headlining literally every festival this year, which was the main reason I haven’t I haven’t found a festival to go to this year and I’ve gone to at least one every year since 2011. Saw Eminem at Bonnaroo in 2011 and at Lolla in 2014, dude lip syncs a majority of the show.

Beyonce does have longevity, out of the biggest acts that broke through in the late 90s only her, Jayz, Eminem, Pink, Coldplay, Daft Punk, are still relevant/putting up #s. Justin Timberlake who has the closest career trajectory as Beyonce as the lead of a group in the late 90s and going successfully solo in the early 2000s and had longevity even finally fell off with this latest Man of The Woods project. Your Britney Spears and Christina Aguileras who were huge that broke through at the end of the 90s couldn't maintain this kind of longevity.

I mean if you want to talk music that has been around since the 90’s that still has traction we can say Radiohead. They just aren’t pop.

Attempting to get tickets to their summer tour was absolutely impossible and they are instantly selling out arenas, and I’d say they have definitely been in the top 5 performers at Coachella in recent memory. Saw them at Bonnaroo in 2012 and my mind is still blown from that set. They just aren’t pop performers that the masses love.

I mean, Radiohead is still in the thread title....just saying.

Last edited:
It's impressive she's been putting on the same show for almost 20 years but on the other hand, she's been putting on the same show for 20 years.

Back
Top Bottom