Official COLTS Thread 2011-12 Colts 2-14 We have the number one Draft pick!! vol Luck?

Originally Posted by moundraised23

i cant even.........................................
1 win is all i can ask at this point....just 1
tired.gif

*peyton fist pump*

Where is bill cower????

Good question its ok im fine with this season long as we dont lose every game hopefully steal one more and prepare for next season

*peyton fist pump*

Where is bill cower????

Good question its ok im fine with this season long as we dont lose every game hopefully steal one more and prepare for next season

INDIANAPOLIS -- The firings of Bill and Chris Polian have thrown another complication into Indy's already murky offseason.

Jim Caldwell and his staff are now working in limbo as the team looks for a new general manager. There's no more clarity about Peyton Manning's health, and team owner Jim Irsay has finally acknowledged the Colts are in full-fledged rebuilding mode.

The decisions over the next few months will likely shape the future of the Colts' organization for years, but what happens next is anybody's guess.

[h4]Mike and Mike in the Morning[/h4]
ESPN NFL analyst Darren Woodson says the Colts need to move on from QB Peyton Manning. Plus, Woodson thinks the 49ers could be an attractive landing spot if Manning is released.

More Podcasts »

"There is no sugar-coating the fact that there are areas of talent that we need," Irsay said at Monday's news conference announcing the Polians' firing. "The decisions that are coming up are crucial, and obviously, when you're looking at a general manager, a head coach, having the No. 1 pick in the draft and knowing that you're rebuilding in some areas, that is about as massive as it gets."

As usual, all things in Indy start with Manning.

Irsay must decide whether to pay the four-time league MVP a $28 million bonus in March, allow him to walk away as a free agent or redo the five-year, $90 million contract to make it more salary-cap friendly.

Manning missed the entire season after having his latest neck surgery Sept. 8 -- a procedure that has clouded his future in Indianapolis. Without him, the Colts collapsed, missing the playoffs for the first time in a decade and winning the Andrew Luck sweepstakes with a 2-14 mark.

Though Manning has started throwing with teammates and players believe Manning is improving, Irsay must determine whether it's worth taking a significant cap hit to rebuild around a 35-year-old quarterback who has had neck surgery three times in less than 24 months. If he is healthy, Irsay has promised to bring back Manning and make another Super Bowl run.

"I think the key thing for me has always been, and particularly since the fusion, is it safe for him to go on the field? Is it something where he is healthy enough to resume his career, to go on the field and play at a high level but also to be in harm's way in the physical game that we have?" Irsay said Monday. "What he means to the franchise, what he means to the Colts and to the league, (his health) to me always has been the most important decision."

Manning told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen he was "stunned" to hear of the Polians' dismissals. Manning said he was meeting with Bill Polian when Polian was summoned to talk with Irsay.

[h4]Kuharsky: Irsay Seeking Unifier[/h4]
Kuharsky_paul_m.jpg
Whoever replaces Bill Polian needs to have a vision that will both return the Colts to greatness and unify the organization, writes Paul Kuharsky. Blog

• Hill: Go with RGIII, not Luck
• Insider: Luck still the better option
intiny.png

"Bill and I and Chris Polian has been here the whole time, too, had a great ride with tremendous highs and it makes me very sad that this ends on such a negative note," Manning told ESPN on Monday. "I knew when the Colts hired Bill with his track record in Buffalo and Carolina, that I would be very happy to be a part of an organization he ran. And that proved to be true. I knew he would hire the best coaches, provide the best possible surroundings, give me great teammates and he did that and I will be forever indebted to him."

Irsay said Monday he plans to meet with Manning within the next week, and those answers could dictate which direction the Colts go in 2012.

Manning has good reasons to want Caldwell back. Aside from the franchise quarterback, Caldwell and offensive coordinator Clyde Christensen understand this offense better than anyone, and Caldwell helped Manning achieve his greatest successes. Before Caldwell became quarterbacks coach in 2002, Manning was an elite player with a losing record in the playoffs. With Caldwell, Manning won all four of his MVP awards, two AFC crowns and his only Super Bowl ring.

But there's no assurance any of the coaches will be back next season. Receiver Pierre Garcon summed up the uncertainty best on Twitter when he posted this: "So what happens now?"

For Caldwell and the coaches, it's business as usual.

"I'm moving forward. I'm working," Caldwell said in his season-ending news conference. "There are a lot of things I could have done better. We're 2-14, OK? And I consider myself to be responsible for every single one of those losses."

The timing is tricky, too.

nfl_a_irsay_65.jpg
You never know how eras end, how they begin and you can't really say exactly what constitutes that era beginning or ending. But clearly we are in a rebuilding stage.

INDIANAPOLIS -- The firings of Bill and Chris Polian have thrown another complication into Indy's already murky offseason.

Jim Caldwell and his staff are now working in limbo as the team looks for a new general manager. There's no more clarity about Peyton Manning's health, and team owner Jim Irsay has finally acknowledged the Colts are in full-fledged rebuilding mode.

The decisions over the next few months will likely shape the future of the Colts' organization for years, but what happens next is anybody's guess.

[h4]Mike and Mike in the Morning[/h4]
ESPN NFL analyst Darren Woodson says the Colts need to move on from QB Peyton Manning. Plus, Woodson thinks the 49ers could be an attractive landing spot if Manning is released.

More Podcasts »

"There is no sugar-coating the fact that there are areas of talent that we need," Irsay said at Monday's news conference announcing the Polians' firing. "The decisions that are coming up are crucial, and obviously, when you're looking at a general manager, a head coach, having the No. 1 pick in the draft and knowing that you're rebuilding in some areas, that is about as massive as it gets."

As usual, all things in Indy start with Manning.

Irsay must decide whether to pay the four-time league MVP a $28 million bonus in March, allow him to walk away as a free agent or redo the five-year, $90 million contract to make it more salary-cap friendly.

Manning missed the entire season after having his latest neck surgery Sept. 8 -- a procedure that has clouded his future in Indianapolis. Without him, the Colts collapsed, missing the playoffs for the first time in a decade and winning the Andrew Luck sweepstakes with a 2-14 mark.

Though Manning has started throwing with teammates and players believe Manning is improving, Irsay must determine whether it's worth taking a significant cap hit to rebuild around a 35-year-old quarterback who has had neck surgery three times in less than 24 months. If he is healthy, Irsay has promised to bring back Manning and make another Super Bowl run.

"I think the key thing for me has always been, and particularly since the fusion, is it safe for him to go on the field? Is it something where he is healthy enough to resume his career, to go on the field and play at a high level but also to be in harm's way in the physical game that we have?" Irsay said Monday. "What he means to the franchise, what he means to the Colts and to the league, (his health) to me always has been the most important decision."

Manning told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen he was "stunned" to hear of the Polians' dismissals. Manning said he was meeting with Bill Polian when Polian was summoned to talk with Irsay.

[h4]Kuharsky: Irsay Seeking Unifier[/h4]
Kuharsky_paul_m.jpg
Whoever replaces Bill Polian needs to have a vision that will both return the Colts to greatness and unify the organization, writes Paul Kuharsky. Blog

• Hill: Go with RGIII, not Luck
• Insider: Luck still the better option
intiny.png

"Bill and I and Chris Polian has been here the whole time, too, had a great ride with tremendous highs and it makes me very sad that this ends on such a negative note," Manning told ESPN on Monday. "I knew when the Colts hired Bill with his track record in Buffalo and Carolina, that I would be very happy to be a part of an organization he ran. And that proved to be true. I knew he would hire the best coaches, provide the best possible surroundings, give me great teammates and he did that and I will be forever indebted to him."

Irsay said Monday he plans to meet with Manning within the next week, and those answers could dictate which direction the Colts go in 2012.

Manning has good reasons to want Caldwell back. Aside from the franchise quarterback, Caldwell and offensive coordinator Clyde Christensen understand this offense better than anyone, and Caldwell helped Manning achieve his greatest successes. Before Caldwell became quarterbacks coach in 2002, Manning was an elite player with a losing record in the playoffs. With Caldwell, Manning won all four of his MVP awards, two AFC crowns and his only Super Bowl ring.

But there's no assurance any of the coaches will be back next season. Receiver Pierre Garcon summed up the uncertainty best on Twitter when he posted this: "So what happens now?"

For Caldwell and the coaches, it's business as usual.

"I'm moving forward. I'm working," Caldwell said in his season-ending news conference. "There are a lot of things I could have done better. We're 2-14, OK? And I consider myself to be responsible for every single one of those losses."

The timing is tricky, too.

nfl_a_irsay_65.jpg
You never know how eras end, how they begin and you can't really say exactly what constitutes that era beginning or ending. But clearly we are in a rebuilding stage.

The thing about firing the Polians that got me, was that as fans we saw that there was no backup in place for
a Peyton less world.
They have sacrificed the defense for offense for the last decade.
I would like a GM that has drafted good and bigger defensive players. There has to be a reason Baltimore
and Pitts defenses are always so good. I look at a team like the Giants. How do they get OSI, Tuck and Pierre Paul in consecutive years?

If they bring, which I think they will, bring Peyton back successfully he is a unfortunately a rental. But also means you have to
bring Saturday back and Wayne. Cant expect Peyton to play at a high level with a rookie center and Garcon being the senior reciever. 

Get Luck, get a huge WR, and after that get bigger defensive players. 

The thing about firing the Polians that got me, was that as fans we saw that there was no backup in place for
a Peyton less world.
I would like a GM that has drafted good and bigger defensive players. There has to be a reason Baltimore
and Pitts defenses are always so good. I look at a team like the Giants. How do they get OSI, Tuck and Pierre Paul in consecutive years?

If they bring, which I think they will, bring Peyton back successfully he is a unfortunately a rental. But also means you have to
bring Saturday back and Wayne. Cant expect Peyton to play at a high level with a rookie center and Garcon being the senior reciever. 

Originally Posted by quiktoflip

a Peyton less world.

Honestly imma huge colts fan and peyton fan i would feel better if he retired he has nothing left to prove hes def in the top 5 quaterbacks of all time super bowl mvps record breaker dont want him risking his health  just retire

Also id rather the colts draft rg3 and some defensive players

Originally Posted by quiktoflip

a Peyton less world.

Honestly imma huge colts fan and peyton fan i would feel better if he retired he has nothing left to prove hes def in the top 5 quaterbacks of all time super bowl mvps record breaker dont want him risking his health  just retire

Also id rather the colts draft rg3 and some defensive players

As a colts fan myself, i really hope manning stays with us...i still believe he has more game in him. Andrew Luck could shadow him and learn alot from the man himself.

Crazy idea, but would it be a good idea replacing manning with bill polian if he does retire?

As a colts fan myself, i really hope manning stays with us...i still believe he has more game in him. Andrew Luck could shadow him and learn alot from the man himself.

Crazy idea, but would it be a good idea replacing manning with bill polian if he does retire?

Back
Top Bottom