OFFICIAL CYBER MONDAY - BLACK FRIDAY 2022 THREAD - NOVEMBER 25-28

There's been reports that now with Iger back as CEO of Disney they might not raise the price to that since his and Disney's initial plan was small incremental increase but when chapek took over he raised it by alot right out the gate. Hopefully it's true.

Didn’t Disney lose $1.5 billion on streaming in the last quarter? I think the price is going up :lol:

Didn’t Disney lose $1.5 billion on streaming in the last quarter? I think the price is going up :lol:
They actually lost more.. chapek was moving money around to make it look like it wasn't as bad as it was. And to my point. Disney knew that streaming was gonna be a slow grind/money losing venture and didn't want to turn customers off buy raising the prices so fast. It's one of the reasons they canned chapek after only barely 2 years into his CEO role. But they still might keep the price increase who knows. Just saying what people in the know around Disney were talkin.

Youll need a new walmart account

It's a cashback deal, so youll need to pay $80 upfront. My cashback is showing up in pending status.

Copped another PS5 controller. Thank you bro!

I bought a new house recently so a lot of my black Friday was focused on that.

I grabbed some furniture, 2 rugs from ruggable, some way art, that knife set posted earlier, a couple pairs of kicks from oneness, a 85 inch tv from Samsung as well as a sound bar, all of my major appliances for my crib.

I even managed to make a day trip to Kalamazoo yesterday and got a great deal on a ton of bud to get me through the winter.

I know dudes are saying black Friday wasn't it this year but I came up crazy. Spent a huge bag as well.

Wild that no one has figured out how to make streaming profitable yet

It’s because it’s a catch 22. They have to spend a ton to get new content and subscribers. And we have to pay a lot to support this across so many platforms.

If there ever is a legit all inclusive option it’ll dramatically change and be profitable. Disney is the only company I can see doing this. Buying up a lot of these smaller ones and consolidating so they have a super strong stack of existing content and then focus on building content affordably.

Disney
Netflix
HBO
Sports live TV

If someone could package that for $25 a month they’d be money and think most subscribers would go with that. All the little one off $5 ones here and there would go away.

Updated the thread title.

Not a lot of good deals this year.

Got some fancy mouse off of Amazon for gaming but will use it for work.

There were some decent deals. I think the mistake some people make is wait till the day of, thinking the sale a few days before is a different one.

Also for anyone that wants to try the more expensive colognes and wants samples (2-10 mL)

DecantX has 30% off. I usually get a couple of 5-10 mL samples from them or ones I want to try that lasts me a while instead of buying a $300 bottle of a cologne.

Vitacost combining their 20% off select items, 20% off cyber Monday, and a Rakuten 15% got to where most of these items are barely back to 2020 levels. But I took the bait on some essential vitamins and health foods.

Nothing like the years prior though.

I needed some pants but just ended up getting a bunch of socks and sweatpants

I’m kinda good on wearing jeans I need some cargos and not too formal chinos

Huge discount on Vans at Yoox. They also got hella expensive shoes on discount too but I’m not about RAF Simons $1500 stuff. Clothes as well

Black Friday was way cooler when I was in high school. Going to Best Buy and Circuit City getting mad cds and dvds. I can remember getting a Whitenhouse 32' TV from BlackBuy for like $200 and it was a steal.

Went with my wife, daughter and Grandma and ended up with a Pendleton blanket from Costco.

I got that blanket, be careful washing it. I ran it through the washer and dryer and the edge on one side came undone. Couldn't believe it. Went and returned it and grabbed a new one.

Back
Top Bottom