OFFICIAL DENVER BRONCOS 2022 THREAD - Russell Wilson, MOTHAFLUCKAS!

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23723028/broncos-von-miller-play-first-team-while-suspension

http://bcove.me/tvxqm6vw

Broncos coach John Fox said Wednesday that linebacker Von Miller will be taking repetitions with the first team in training camp, despite facing a four-game suspension to start the season.

Although linebacker D.J. Williams was moved to the second team while his suspension was pending last season, Fox said he has no plans to move Miller until he hears more definite news about the suspension.

"Right now there is no penalty to my knowledge," Fox said. "He'll get every rep with the first team until we hear something differently."

Miller, who made his first public appearance since news broke that he was appealing a four-game suspension for a violation of the NFL drug policy, repeatedly declined to discuss specifics of the case, citing confidentiality and the ongoing appeal process.

Earlier this week, The Denver Post received documentation stating Miller had multiple positive tests for marijuana and an undisclosed amphetamine during his rookie season of 2011.

Miller said the NFLPA's statement that this was not a violation of the league's performance-enhancing drugs policy was accurate. When asked if smoking marijuana was part of his lifestyle, Miller responded, "Absolutely not."

Fox said that he has not discussed what the team would do if Miller were unavailable for the first four games and declined to say whether he had discussed the situation with the team.

"We've got a lot of good players who went through the last five weeks and conducted themselves very positively," Fox said. "The conversations we have will probably stay in that room."

Miller would not say how long he had known that the suspension was a possibility and was not sure how long it would take to resolve the situation.

Miller said he doesn't think the situation is a distraction and
Broncos linebacker Von Miller takes questions Wednesday as players reported to training camp. Miller is appealing a four-game suspension to start the season. When asked if smoking marijuana was part of his lifestyle, Miller said, "Absolutely not." (John Leyba, The Denver Post)
that he is eager to return to the playing field.

"I'm focused," Miller said. "I can't wait for training camp to start (Thursday). I look forward to rushing the passer, doing all those drills. I'm anxious for that."

He also said that his teammates had been supportive.

"I don't think I let my teammates down," Miller said. "Everybody has tough moments in their lives. I've had great teammates."

The comments came as the Broncos reported to training camp after a tumultuous offseason, capped with the news that the team might start its season without its defensive leader who faces a four-game suspension.

Miller, a leader of the Broncos' defense, helped lead the No. 2 ranked defense in the NFL with 18½ sacks last season.

What drug triggered the positive test remains confidential, but an NFL source said that Miller had tested positive for amphetamines and marijuana during his 2011 rookie season.

I'm expecting big things from Wolfe this year.  Ayers also has to step up in a big way, he'll likely be seeing the field a lot at DT in the base nickel.  Wouldn't be surprised to see Chris Harris play some nickel LB either.

SB or bust.

:nerd:

lessssgo!

View media item 511032Wide receiver Wes Welker catches a welcoming fist bump from coach John Fox upon arriving at his first Broncos training camp. (John Leyba, The Denver Post)

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23727130/coach-john-fox-says-broncos-are-ready-roll?source=pkg

Gentlemen, start your metaphors.

After a month's worth of bad vibes played out in capital letters trailing the words "breaking news," the Broncos reported for training camp Wednesday. And as running back Ronnie Hillman pulled his luxury sedan into the players' parking lot, it sported a flat front tire.

So it goes as the Broncos continue a bumpy offseason ride as Super Bowl favorites. They get down to their on-field business Thursday morning with the first practice of training camp.

"I think we're ready to roll," coach John Fox said. "Everybody came back in great shape."

The on-field work might offer some solace over the next three weeks as the Broncos try to leave behind the news of the drunken-driving arrests
Walking into his second training camp with the Broncos on Wednesday, four-time league MVP Peyton Manning is coming off a season in which he passed for 4,659 yards and 37 touchdowns on a 13-3 team. (John Leyba, The Denver Post)
of front-office executives Matt Russell and Tom Heckert, and star outside linebacker Von Miller facing a four-game suspension for allegedly violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy.

Fox said he will go about the business of making sure the players are focused on the work that needs to be done "between those white lines."

"We're going to embark on a very long season and I'm sure there's going to be some adversity as well as some prosperity along the way," Fox said. "This will be no different. There's always a lot of noise. Sometimes it's good. Sometimes it's bad. You had better be able to focus through the noise."

All but one of the Denver players — including Miller, who had 18½ sacks last season — reported for medical examinations and conditioning tests Wednesday. Rookie defensive tackle Sylvester Williams, a first-round draft pick, was the only no-show. Williams can't participate in team functions until his contract is completed.

Williams' representatives and the Broncos continue to close in on a deal. Williams isn't expected to miss much time with the team if negotiations continue at their current pace.

"The guys who are here are ready to go," said cornerback Champ Bailey. "I think everybody understands what's ahead of us and what we need to do."

Bailey, entering his 15th season in the NFL and coming off his 12th Pro Bowl selection, was asked whether this Denver team, despite its recent travails, provides the best opportunity of his career to play in his first Super Bowl.

"I look at it as my only shot," Bailey said. "I don't know what's to be said about next year. I'm looking at right now as my only shot. I hope everybody in that locker room feels the same way, because nothing's guaranteed in this league. We could all be in different places next year."

Once practices get underway Thursday morning, the biggest football-related question on the depth chart will be the offensive
line. With several linemen still working their way back from surgeries, the Broncos have to make some adjustments. Center J.D. Walton (ankle) and guard Chris Kuper (ankle) will open training camp on the physically unable to perform list because they aren't able to practice. Walton, who had surgery last month, isn't expected back in the lineup until late October, at the earliest.

Left tackle Ryan Clady, who recently signed a five-year contract worth $52.5 million, is working back from shoulder surgery. He won't participate fully in practices for at least two weeks.

"My guess is we'll take it slow," Fox said.

"It's going to be a little bit of time," Clady said. "I'm not sure how long it's going to be yet."

The team's players and officials are hoping to put the offseason woes behind them.

"I think we just move on," said wide receiver Wes Welker. "We practice with the guys we have out there and don't worry about anything outside — all the noise."

Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

I feel you but I expect the youngins to step up and fill the void of Elvis being gone.

He probably won't crack the line up any time soon, but hopefully Quanterus Smith overcomes that knee surgery and develops into his potential..

Last edited:
Lindsay Jones @bylindsayhjones
RT @nuggetsnews: Sylvester Williams just arrived to #Broncos facility (smile on his face)

Mike Klis @MikeKlis
Sylvester Williams walked in. He's going upstairs to sign 4-year, $7.6 million deal. Guarantee of $6.1 million; $3.9 mil to sign.

8)

#SuperBowlorbust

Glad Sylvester signed, he can get in right away and start going to work.

Broncos are going to have a lot of media attention this year but I'm glad they're a lot of older, respected vets around that can teach the young guys how to handle the media and not give anyone some bulletin motivation.

Broncos fan here also. Super Bowl or nothing.

Black & Decker 
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom