OFFICIAL DETROIT PISTONS 07/08 SEASON THREAD

TDOC I sent you a pm homey....commit that.

And what team are you on?
DETROIT BASKETBALL​
..:Roscoe # 36:..​

Yo, I got Detroit coming out of the East this year, Maxiell is beasting, and the core four are all healthy... None of them dudes in the East want none, yes that includes KG and the boys.

Detroit... :pimp:
pimp.gif

Still gonna lose to the Mavericks though.. :wink:
wink.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
DALLAS MAVERICKS
Proving the doubters wrong
Ager, Barea, Bass, Dampier, Diop, Fazekas, George, Hassell, Harris, Howard, Howard, Jones, Nowitzki, Stackhouse, Terry​

from hoopsworld.com - i didn't get to see this game, but over the summer, i saw a couple games from the 2004 playoffs.. and it really struck me, how effective sheed can be when he posts up. tayshaun too, depending on matchups. i dunno about rip though.. :lol:
laugh.gif
Quote:
StompStompClap.
StompStompClap.
WeWillWeWillPost You!

After watching the Detroit Pistons overpower and dishearten the Orlando Magic Friday night, one would expect to hear that Queen anthem blaring on the team bus, in the locker room, and on the PA system any time the Pistons take the floor.

Because make no mistake the Pistons first and foremost are coming to post you up, and no player at any position is safe. They will post you with their centers, their forwards and even their point guard. They find the guy on the other team they can take advantage of, put him inside, and go right at him.

Detroit will run high-low sets for Rasheed Wallace, put Tayshaun Prince on the right side of the floor and let him back his man down, or just run Chauncey Billups straight into the post.

Without Rip Hamilton flying around shooting jumpers, this was even more evident Friday night in Orlando when the Magic got out ahead quickly 9-4.

Detroit needed a basket, so Chauncey Billups went right into the post, called for the ball, overpowered Jameer Nelson, scored and was fouled for the three point play.

Next possession Rasheed Wallace post up, lay-up. Next possession Tayshaun Prince post up, jumphook.

Although the Magic kept the lead throughout a high scoring first quarter, they were doing it with deep jump shots and the Pistons were doing it with body punches. As jumpers start missing, body punches begin taking their toll.

Detroit sets that tone with their "throw the first punch" mentality, and if you don't punch back, you are in for a long, punishing night. If they sense any softness, they cut off the ring, back you into the corner, and try to pound you into submission. They will impose their will until you tap out.s with Chauncey Billups, and two plays in the second quarter demonstrated that perfectly.

Detroit ran two consecutive screen/rolls with Antonio McDyess setting the pick for Billups on the left side. Chauncey comes off those like a tank in Patton's third army aggressive and always on the attack. Some guys are fast, some guys are explosive Billups is ferocious coming off the ballscreen.

Pat Garrity stepped out to try to slow Billups down, Chauncey hesitated, then as Garrity started back to McDyess, Billups blew down the lane for the lay-up.

On the next possession, Detroit ran the same play. However, this time Garrity stayed with Billups a little longer to keep him from driving. Chauncey read Garrity, then made the pass back to McDyess for the easy jump shot. Five-point Piston lead, time out Orlando.

The Magic, after shaking off the cobwebs, came out in the second half prepared to double the post. Detroit came out in the second half ready to end the game, and the Pistons were already two moves ahead as they came out for the third quarter.

Fully prepared for Orlando's traps, they went to their counter attack, kicking the ball out of the post to their shooters. In less than three minutes the Pistons had gone on a 10-0 run to go up 19 largely behind two deep threes by Rasheed Wallace, the same guy who was killing the Magic inside in the first half.

Memo to home team fans when Detroit comes to town: Do not boo Rasheed! The more you boo, the better he plays. The more you hate the more he heats up. If he got a standing ovation from opposing fans every time he touched the ball, Rasheed Wallace might never score.

Detroit brought that "punch first" mentality into Orlando Friday night and thoroughly and completely dismantled a pretty good team. And they did it without their leading scorer Richard Hamilton and without their promising rookie Rodney Stuckey, who along with Jason Maxiell, Jarvis Hayes and Arron Afflalo give the Pistons a potentially explosive and energized second unit something they have lacked these past few seasons.

These may not be the "Bad Boys" of old, but they were the baddest boys on the court Friday night, and they may be the baddest team in the Eastern Conference.

If so, they might very well be on their way to "posting" another championship.

..with so much personality,
what do you want from me?
i could be by myself and enjoy the company..
but i'd rather be with her

:pimp:
pimp.gif
TEAM RAVENS
Lewis - Scott - Stills - Suggs - Reed - Landry - McAlister - Rolle - Pryce - Ngata - Johnson
McNair - McGahee - Green - Mason - Clayton - Heap - Ogden - Brown - Flynn - Vincent - Terry - Sams - Stover​

Where is Chris Webber? Is he even on the pistons?

There are zero articles about him on Google News, there is nothing mentioned on his wikipedia article.
"It's simple for everyone else, give 'em a Big Mac and a pair of Nikes and they're happy..." - Ghost World

since everyone knows it all starts on the defensive end with the pistons.. i figured i'd bump the thread with this article on sheed.

Quote:
Wallace powers Pistons' defenseDetroit forward has shut down stars such as O'Neal, Lewis and Smith so far this season.The Detroit News a move to the left. He completely knocked him out of his comfort zone.

"Night in and night out, it's just knowing the guys I am playing and knowing their tendencies," Wallace said.

Max aggression
..with so much personality,
what do you want from me?
i could be by myself and enjoy the company..
but i'd ratherher

Originally Posted by 255forLife

when does chauncey come back? the offense looks discombobulated without him.
WORD. The other night against the Lakers, I noticed that the offense was way out of synch.

KRISTA JAHNKE
SECRET SHEED: Despite volatile reputation, Wallace invaluable with advice for teammates

December 5, 2007

More than anything, people base their view of Pistons forward Rasheed Wallace on his past. Past blowups with officials, past technical fouls, past comments in the media.

No matter what he does, he irks opposing fans -- and opposing players -- much the way former Bad Boy Bill Laimbeer did. He's the Piston outsiders love to hate.

Even some Pistons fans feel that way. More than any other player, Wallace is the one who fans most often say they want traded.

It's sad, because the truth is Wallace, especially this season, is the kind of player any club would dream of having.

"People don't know him," forward Antonio McDyess said. "In the locker room, he's such a good guy. ... I think it's just unfair to him. They don't know him as the Rasheed we know him as. When he's not on the floor, you can see, we're a totally different team without him."

His play this season has been focused and consistently good -- not to mention largely technical-foul-free. Wallace has posted up when easy baskets are needed, and he has played intelligent defense that makes life difficult for opposing players.

He also has controlled his famously uncontrollable emotions. His technical foul in the first quarter Tuesday night at Atlanta was only his second of the season.

But there's so much more.

From his hilarious pregame dancing -- when he pops into the circle of teammates for a hoedown -- to his love of throwing basketballs at unsuspecting teammates, to say Wallace keeps things loose is a gross understatement.

He makes everyone around him feel good. When he sat out a game recently with injury and walked onto the court after the national anthem, the entire team began to smile, one-by-one, as each player saw him. That's telling.

During games, Wallace is the Pistons' best on-the-floor communicator. He also spends time-outs making suggestions to teammates to make things operate better. Some people simply see Wallace sitting on the scorer's table, away from the cluster of players at the bench during breaks. They don't hear him offer X-and-O advice to his teammates as they gradually come to sit with him.

"He always comes talking to me because we're bigs," McDyess said. "Even when he wasn't playing, he'd be saying, 'Hey, stop the ball here, it's a lot easier. Pick up the ball, get it out of the guards' hands.' It's stuff that the coaches don't say, but 'Sheed always picks up on those things."

McDyess said Wallace sees things he doesn't.

"He's always talking about what we need to do, and that stuff actually works," McDyess said. "It's little detail stuff we don't think about. I don't know how he picks it, but he does."

That extends to practice, too, when Wallace's running commentary makes certain that every player brings his best. Especially with young players, Wallace offers a tough-love approach that molds prospects into more complete players. With the current crop of youngsters, that mentoring role is more important than ever.

For instance, third-year forward Amir Johnson credits Wallace for helping him learn to hold his spot in the post with a lower base.

"When he opens his mouth, man, everybody listens," Johnson said. "If you're doing something wrong, he puts his opinion in. And everybody listens to him."

McDyess said he sometimes even asks Wallace to tone it down because he worries about the young guys' confidence. But Wallace certainly is more of a help than a hindrance, regardless of whether haters want to believe it.

"You can see how much he's helped Amir," McDyess said. "Amir's gotten a lot tougher, a lot stronger. He tells Amir all the time, 'Do everything strong, do everything strong.' And now you see Amir posting up a lot stronger, not taking threes. He used to shoot threes when he first got here, and 'Sheed would say, 'Get your (butt) on the block!' "

Wallace -- who deflects credit like it's an opponent's shot in the lane -- would say to all of this: "That's just me hoopin'. That's just basketball."

I'd say it's so much more.

Back
Top Bottom