OFFICIAL DISNEY+ STREAMING THREAD we're in the endgame now

APRIL 11, 2019
Disney Spotlights Comprehensive Direct-to-Consumer Strategy at 2019 Investor Day

The Walt Disney Company’s highly anticipated Investor Day provided an extensive overview of Disney’s comprehensive direct-to-consumer strategy, and included presentations on Hulu, Hotstar, ESPN+ and the upcoming Disney+ service, which will launch in the U.S. market on November 12, 2019, at $6.99 a month. The service will offer fans of all ages a new way to experience the unparalleled content from the company’s iconic entertainment brands, including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic, and will be available on connected TV and mobile devices.

Disney_Logo_On_Background-614x346.png

During today’s event, which took place on the studio lot in Burbank, California, investors heard from Disney’s senior management team, including Bob Iger, chairman and chief executive officer; Kevin Mayer, chairman, Direct-to-Consumer and International; Christine McCarthy, senior executive vice president and chief financial officer; Lowell Singer, senior vice president, Investor Relations; and Jimmy Pitaro, president, ESPN and co-chair, Disney Media Networks. Presentations also came from Michael Paull, president, Disney Streaming Services; Randy Freer, chief executive officer, Hulu; Russell Wolff, executive vice president and general manager, ESPN+; Uday Shankar, president, The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific and chairman, Star and Disney India; Ricky Strauss, president, Content and Marketing, Disney+; and Agnes Chu, senior vice president, Content, Disney+.

“Disney+ marks a bold step forward in an exciting new era for our company—one in which consumers will have a direct connection to the incredible array of creative content that is The Walt Disney Company’s hallmark. We are confident that the combination of our unrivaled storytelling, beloved brands, iconic franchises, and cutting-edge technology will make Disney+ a standout in the marketplace, and deliver significant value for consumers and shareholders alike,” Iger said.

Several creative executives from across the worlds of Disney—Jennifer Lee, chief creative officer of Walt Disney Animation Studios; Pete Docter, chief creative officer, Pixar Animation Studios; Kathleen Kennedy, president, Lucasfilm; Kevin Feige, president, Marvel Studios; Gary Marsh, president and chief creative officer, Disney Channels Worldwide; Sean Bailey, president, Walt Disney Studios Motion Picture Productions; Courteney Monroe, president, National Geographic Global Television Networks; and Jon Favreau, executive producer and writer, The Mandalorian—offered a glimpse into Disney+’s impressive and extensive content slate.

Disney+ will launch in November with a robust library of theatrical and television content, and in its first year will release more than 25 original series and 10 original films, documentaries and specials by some of the industry’s most prolific and creative storytellers. New original titles for Disney+ announced today include:

From Marvel Studios:

• The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, a live-action series with Anthony Mackie returning as Falcon and Sebastian Stan reprising his role as Winter Soldier
  • WandaVision, a live-action series with Elizabeth Olsen returning as Wanda Maximoff and Paul Bettany reprising his role as The Vision
  • Marvel’s What If…?, the first animated series from Marvel Studios and takes inspiration from the comic books of the same name. Each episode will explore a pivotal moment from the Marvel Cinematic Universe and turn it on its head, leading the audience into uncharted territory.
From Walt Disney Animation Studios:

• Into the Unknown: Making Frozen 2, a documentary series showing the hard work and imagination that go into making one of the most highly anticipated Walt Disney Animation Studios features of all time
From Pixar Animation Studios:

• Toy Story-based projects Forky Asks a Question, an animated short series, and the short film Lamp Life
From National Geographic:

• The World According to Jeff Goldblum, a documentary series where Goldblum pulls back the curtain on a seemingly familiar object to reveal a world of astonishing connections, fascinating science and a whole lot of big ideas
  • Magic of the Animal Kingdom, a documentary series which takes viewers behind the scenes with the highly respected animal-care experts, veterinarians and biologists at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Epcot’s SeaBase aquarium
From Disney Television Animation:

• The Phineas and Ferb Movie (working title), an animated film featuring many of the original voice cast
the-mandalorian-1024x809-614x485.jpg

Scripted originals previously announced for Disney+ include The Mandalorian, the world’s first scripted live-action Star Wars series; the exclusive new season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars; High School Musical: The Musical: The Series; the untitled Cassian Andor series starring Diego Luna and Alan Tudyk; the Marvel Studios’ series Loki starring Tom Hiddleston; Monsters at Work, Diary of a Female President; and live-action films Lady and the Tramp, Noelle, Togo, Timmy Failure and Stargirl. Nonfiction series also announced earlier this week include Be Our Chef, Cinema Relics: Iconic Art of the Movies (working title), Earthkeepers (working title), Encore!, the untitled Walt Disney Imagineering documentary series, Marvel’s 616, Marvel’s Hero Project, (Re)Connect, Rogue Trip and Shop Class(working title).

Additionally, Disney+ announced that all 30 seasons of The Simpsons will be available on the service on day one. In the service’s first year, audiences will also have access to family-friendly Fox titles like The Sound of Music, The Princess Bride and Malcolm in the Middle as part of an impressive collection of more than 7,500 television episodes and 500 films including blockbuster hits from 2019 and beyond.

“We’re extremely excited about our growing portfolio of direct-to-consumer offerings. As we demonstrated today, with Disney+ we will deliver extraordinary entertainment in innovative ways to audiences around the world,” said Mayer. “We’ll continue to enhance the user experience with a constant pipeline of high-quality programming, making the service even more appealing to consumers.”

Video Player

00:00
00:56

Today, Disney also unveiled a feature-rich product experience that makes it easy for subscribers to navigate, discover, and watch their favorite programming, with dedicated immersive branded tiles and dedicated pages for Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic. Subscribers will have the ability to create custom profiles, with each receiving personalized experiences curated to their unique tastes based on past behaviors and preferred content.

The Disney+ service will be available on a wide range of mobile and connected devices, including gaming consoles, streaming media players and smart TVs, and will adjust to the best possible high-definition viewing experience based on a subscriber’s available bandwidth, with support for up to 4K HDR video playback. An unprecedented amount of content will also be available to fans for offline viewing.

Following its U.S debut, Disney+ will rapidly expand globally, with plans to be in nearly all major regions of the world within the next two years.

Visit DisneyPlus.com to register your email and receive updates on the service.

We needs one. Idk how the rights with Universal works tho.
hoping it applies to just movies
since they use hulk for cartoons
maybe disney has tv rights

wait hold the hell up
i just realized
we getting xmen animated series
fantastic 4 animated series
incredible hulk animated series
and spider-man animated series
all the 90's marvel cartoons :wow:

Damn. I didn't think of it. This service gonna be stacked. Curious to see how Netflix responds

Damn. I didn't think of it. This service gonna be stacked. Curious to see how Netflix responds
with more trash *** films
netflix original content been lacking for a MINUTE
i aint watched bird box
last thing i watched
that was even kinda good from netflix
was 1st season of sabrina the teenage witch
heard second season hat just released
as TRASH
actually
i take that back
the dragon prince
a show by
by one of the writers
from last avatar and legend of korra
is super good

Disney+ streaming service targeted for Switch
Posted on April 11, 2019 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News

During an investor stream, it was just announced that the Disney+ streaming service is coming to consoles. While PlayStation 4 appears to be the only confirmed platform at present, the image above refers to platforms they “want to be on”.

Disney+ is expected to launch sometime this year. It will house TV and film content from the company as well as brand new shows and more.

Thanks to Jake and Matthew for the tip.

Source

Shouldn't have more than 3 streaming services. A TV service, Netflix and now this . Anything else isn't worth it.

Any truth to it being $3.50 for college students? Still have my old school email lol

There may be a Hulu and D+ combo package like the one Hulu offers with Spotify now, which would save consumers some money too. Unbeatable deal if it happens, but maybe I'm just biased lol

Amazing price point. They're going to kill it with parents with small kids who love Disney movies. I'm most interested in learning about their original series though. I've seen just about every Disney movie I wanna see, Netflix's success has come from Original content and licensing popular shows from other production studios. After a month or two I've seen every Disney movie I need to see, what's keeping me coming back?

Amazing price point. They're going to kill it with parents with small kids who love Disney movies. I'm most interested in learning about their original series though. I've seen just about every Disney movie I wanna see, Netflix's success has come from Original content and licensing popular shows from other production studios. After a month or two I've seen every Disney movie I need to see, what's keeping me coming back?

they're not releasing all eps to their new shows at once. no binging for now. so if you enjoy a show, you'd have to wait a week. i'm totally ok with that since i rarely binge
for someone that is trying to watch simpsons, it's going to take awhile :lol:

it's more than just disney, they got the fox, pixar, etc. new movies that just hit theatres will probably be streamed on disney+ before any other site

disney+ and chill :evil:

Last edited:
It’s not just Disney movies
They gonna have fox movies and shows
That they own since they bought them

At this rate all these different streaming service is going to equal to the cost of a cable bill :lol:

Can we just get one company that provides all these streaming services as one and we get to pick elected channels - sports channels for a set price :lol:

That's the irony of the current streaming era. Streaming services became popular because people didn't want to pay $60 or $70 per month for cable but with content becoming segmented between some many different services (Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+, and Apple's new service, etc.) its getting to the point where you need to spend $60 if you want all the content.

I do see people reaching a breaking point with all these services. I have cable, Netflix and Amazon Prime Video (I see it as a throw in with Prime). I'm considering getting Disney+ if it lets me get all of Hulu's content

Streaming wasn't beneficial for people only soendig $70 on a cable bill. It was more beneficial for people paying double to triple that.

Back
Top Bottom