OFFICIAL DISNEY+ STREAMING THREAD we're in the endgame now

List of everything coming in Google doc form

Is the only package for preordering Disney+ through the bundle? Like can I pay for the first month or first 3 months today?

Disney+ May Not Work on Chromebooks and Some Android Devices Due to Access Control Technologies

According to early testing in the Netherlands, Disney+ may not work on a number of popular consumer devices. Much like other streaming services, Disney is using DRM, or Digital Rights Management, to help prevent piracy, but is using a much more strict version.

Disney is using a DRM service provided by Google called Widevine, which offers three different levels of security. Currently, Disney+ is using level 1, which is the strictest level and is not supported by Chromebooks and many older Android devices.

Streaming services like Netflix use level 3 DRM, which doesn’t support HD streaming on mobile devices and some Android devices. Disney+ using type 1 allows it to stream in HD, but limits the number of supported devices.

It is unknown at this time if the use of level 1 is just for the testing period so that video isn’t leaked, or if that will be the standard upon the full launch next month.

Will Disney+ just suddenly show up as an App on smart TV's or how does that work? I have smart TV's upstairs, but my TV downstairs is still an old 2007 model.

Am I able to just wait til Nov 12th and then sign up thru my TV, or??????

Will Disney+ just suddenly show up as an App on smart TV's or how does that work? I have smart TV's upstairs, but my TV downstairs is still an old 2007 model.

Am I able to just wait til Nov 12th and then sign up thru my TV, or??????

Get the $30 Roku Express for the old TV. I imagine that **** will be on time for Roku. Roku carries all the big streaming apps.

yeah i am not sure tv's that old can download apps yet but if you already have a ps4 or xbox, you can use that to stream but it wont download automatically

as mentioned above, roku is a good option if you dont have a player yet or a fire stick, that wasnt specifically mentioned by disney a few weeks back but its got to be included in there as that occupies a lot of homes

Update: Great news for Disney customers who preordered three years of the service, they will be able to pause their plans, take advantage of the free year from Verizon, then resume it (via CNBC).
“People who already pre-ordered the Disney+ service are still eligible. The “purchase will be put on pause and resume after the Verizon promo period,” a Verizon spokesperson told CNBC.”

42d6c789120caf6a2abe085c19cf2d57.gif

How?

Any links to what you need to do? (Didn’t find anything on google, just the news of Verizon getting it)

we might have to call or maybe once you get a code from verizon for a 1yr membership, then you plug it in your disney+ account and then it automatically pushes your other plans back

Disney Developing “Hocus Pocus 2” for Disney+, Jen D’Angelo (“Workaholics”) to Write Script

Pull up a cauldron and grab your broomstick (or vacuum cleaner)! A sequel to Hocus Pocus is reportedly in development for Disney+, according to Collider‘s Jeff Sneider.

Jen D’Angelo (Workaholics, LA to Vegas, Happy Together) has been hired to pen the script for the film. Sneider also reported that D’Angelo has been given another task as well (and we’re not talking about sucking out the souls of all the children in Salem): getting the actresses behind the infamous Sanderson sisters, Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kathy Najimy, to reprise their roles in the sequel. None of them are currently signed to the project, but Disney is reportedly optimistic that they will return in some fashion. The project is still in the early stages, and it’s not yet known if Winifred, Sarah, and Mary Sanderson would be the main characters, or if they would “pass the torch” to a new class of witches.

disney not playing :lol:

Disney Reportedly Won't Let Some Theaters Screen Classic Fox Movies Anymore
Disney appears too afraid to pull Rocky Horror, but everything else, including Alien, is off-limits to repertory theaters.
By Petey Oneto
Posted: 24 Oct 2019 1:12 pm

Disney is reportedly denying requests from repertory movie theaters that want to screen classic 20th Century Fox movies.

A report in Vulture rounds up multiple theater owners and programmers who have experienced denials and difficulties when it comes to booking older 20th Century Fox films. For example, a horror film festival in Ohio wasn't allowed to play The Omen or The Fly this year and the Transit Drive-In in New York said vintage Fox films can no longer be screened at their theater.

Vulture claims one of their sources said Disney will allow non-profit theaters and museums to run older films they own. For example, the Museum of Modern Art in New York will play Steamboat Willie and The Skeleton Dance in the coming weeks. The source also says Disney will take requests from theaters for special screenings, but they have to be dealt with ona case-by-case basis with the studio and can easily be denied.

"Disney officially declined to comment for this piece, but a film distributor with firsthand knowledge of the company’s policy says it is directed at theaters that screen first-run Disney and Fox content alongside older titles," according to Vulture. There are exceptions, such as AMC Theatershosting screenings of Disney princess movies over the summer.
Fox Movie and TV Show Properties Headed to Disney

Rachel Fox, the senior programmer for the Rio Theater in Vancouver, wanted to book Alien in August but was refused. The movie has since played on October 14 and there are multiple screenings planned for 20th Century Fox's The Rocky Horror Picture Show. That movie is celebrated all across the world at midnight screenings where guests are encouraged to show up in costume, scream clapbacks at the movie's characters when they say certain quotes, and dance along to the movie. It's a tradition that goes back decades. She quipped that "maybe Disney knows that if they pull Rocky Horror too, there’ll be a full-scale audience revolt.”

But, Rachel Fox says Disney considers Rio Theater a first-run venue. The most recent movies that were played in October were the summer blockbusters Yesterday and Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood. She believes that there's more bias to theaters that are more capable of packing houses.

She thinks that Disney "makes the distinction of what kind of venue you are... probably, on your box-office return, which really sucks.”

Christopher Escobar is the owner of the Plaza in Atlanta, which Vulture says is the last remaining independent theater in the city. Escobar said he's still allowed to show Rocky Horror but fears that losing other Fox titles will result in at least a 10 percent loss in revenue for the year.

"Why would a distributor make it harder to be in the movie theater business now?” Escobar asks. “In an era when there are a dizzying amount of streaming platforms launching, and there are all these fights happening about availability windows, they should be working to get people to see movies in the best possible way first.”

Back
Top Bottom