Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

Nah I enjoy it thoroughly as well
It's just the whole Kefla being so strong Goku had to use UI thing was annoying. Feel like UI should have been reserved for Jiren only :lol:

Same!

The ultra instinct isn't even "cool" anymore because the writers are making Kefla ridiculously strong for no reason. It leaves me to think that Goku is going to defeat Jiren in a different way.

Well, they kinda need to make kefla op as all the strong fighters is in U7 except Jiren. The bugs probably strong but not on frieza and 17 level i think.

Jiren needs to eliminate half of U7 to make it more interesting.

gohan reading all the hate :
giphy.gif

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I try not to think too much when I watch the show.

I just want to enjoy it.

Then i come here and you guys discussing how Kefla is wayyy to OP and that she didn't train enough and all. You guys are right, but still i don't want to think about that when I watch it, i just want to enjoy :lol: :lol:

a show i loved as a kid is back now that i'm an adult

what's not to love :lol:

i just accept it for what it is every week, i dont even worry about these animation complaints :pimp:

I didnt see anybody complain when Majin Vegeta kept up (& beat) Goku's *** up. Goku had SSJ3 under his sleeve the whole time, which means he was holding back.

Or when General Blue in Dragon Ball kept up with Goku and they dragged it out for several episodes... like cmon man, you were just neck-n-neck with Jackie Chun but cant easily beat General Blue and that Robot-Pirate creature that's guarding the treasure?

This has always been consistent in DB. It's not that the other characters are strong, it's about Goku either never going full power until he's pushed to it, or he's fatigued.

***** got his *** kicked by Android 19's clown *** smfh Idgaf if he was having a heart virus attack. He should've defeated him before the attack hit strong

I didnt see anybody complain when Majin Vegeta kept up (& beat) Goku's *** up. Goku had SSJ3 under his sleeve the whole time, which means he was holding back.

Or when General Blue in Dragon Ball kept up with Goku and they dragged it out for several episodes... like cmon man, you were just neck-n-neck with Jackie Chun but cant easily beat General Blue and that Robot-Pirate creature that's guarding the treasure?

This has always been consistent in DB. It's not that the other characters are strong, it's about Goku either never going full power until he's pushed to it, or he's fatigued.

***** got his *** kicked by Android 19's clown *** smfh Idgaf if he was having a heart virus attack. He should've defeated him before the attack hit strong

I was actually royally pissed when we found out he was holding that back, even though his excuse was he wasn't sure how it would affect his time on earth if he used it. That low key ruined the backdrop of one of the most brutal and emotionally packed fights in the whole series.

Dragonball is A LOT different than Z and Super, not really fair to hold that standard to the newer series. I mean he couldn't even fly and had one beam attack

The heart virus kicked in before they even started fighting though, he was tired on the flight over. None of us are sure what his body was going through plus he had no idea about the energy absorption technique.

I dont think anyone in here hates Super, were grateful for new episodes and battles but I don't see whats wrong with pointing out flaws when they pop up. I'm sure the same thing was done in Z's heyday

I was actually royally pissed when we found out he was holding that back, even though his excuse was he wasn't sure how it would affect his time on earth if he used it. That low key ruined the backdrop of one of the most brutal and emotionally packed fights in the whole series.

Dragonball is A LOT different than Z and Super, not really fair to hold that standard to the newer series. I mean he couldn't even fly and had one beam attack

The heart virus kicked in before they even started fighting though, he was tired on the flight over. None of us are sure what his body was going through plus he had no idea about the energy absorption technique.

I dont think anyone in here hates Super, were grateful for new episodes and battles but I don't see whats wrong with pointing out flaws when they pop up. I'm sure the same thing was done in Z's heyday

Only complaints I remember from Z's heyday is Goku losing screentime.

I wonder if ppl here were furious when Gohan was "The Golden Warrior" during the Saiyaman/Gohan goes to school Saga

"why does he have to go super saiyan to fight off some random bank robbers in the city !!!!!! "

The difference in Z was no one knew he was holding back until after the fact

SS3 power consumption cuts his time short, Goku was aware of that before he and Majin V threw hands.

I only remember the Demon King Piccolo, Krillin, and Jackie Chun fights from DB.

You sayin mans should be able to body an Android while he's suffering a heart attack from a quarter cooked McChicken, that's a believable L. It's like expecting Bron to still drop at least 10 with a torn Achilles tendon.

What isn't a believable L is a Saiyan chick with no formal training who looks Teen Gohan aged having just learned what Super Saiyan was literally 2 days before the tournament somehow managing to throw hands with another Saiyan that's been fighting his entire life, trained under many masters, is 2.5x older, and is a disciple of the Gods w/ their Godly Ki to boot in the span of that 2 days.

It's egregious plot-induced stupidity. The only somewhat valid rebuttal is Goku being tired, but for everything I mentioned above those new booty Saiyans should still be slight work for him and the god Vegeta.

And Gohan only went SS fighting those bank robbers as camo to protect his identity, like Superman with the glasses.

yup. Goku been through it all man.

This barely-turned legal saiyan had an itch in her back and learned SSJ 1 from it less than 72 hours before the tournament lol now on par with SSG?

Kinda lame. Doesn't bother me THAT much but it's still a little weak imo lol

SS3 power consumption cuts his time short, Goku was aware of that before he and Majin V threw hands.

I only remember the Demon King Piccolo, Krillin, and Jackie Chun fights from DB.

You sayin mans should be able to body an Android while he's suffering a heart attack from a quarter cooked McChicken, that's a believable L. It's like expecting Bron to still drop at least 10 with a torn Achilles tendon.

What isn't a believable L is a Saiyan chick with no formal training who looks Teen Gohan aged having just learned what Super Saiyan was literally 2 days before the tournament somehow managing to throw hands with another Saiyan that's been fighting his entire life, trained under many masters, is 2.5x older, and is a disciple of the Gods w/ their Godly Ki to boot in the span of that 2 days.

It's egregious plot-induced stupidity. The only somewhat valid rebuttal is Goku being tired, but for everything I mentioned above those new booty Saiyans should still be slight work for him and the god Vegeta.

And Gohan only went SS fighting those bank robbers as camo to protect his identity, like Superman with the glasses.

Long Version:
Goku has survived far worse in Dragon Ball, like the time when he used the power pole to go to the moon. No helmet on btw. Breathed in space, you complaining about that? If not, then don't be inconsistent on complaints about "stuff that don't make sense."

Personally, it doesn't make sense to me how kids with infused bio-mech parts are more powerful than a Saiyan who went through a huge journey training with God's servant and beings from the afterlife, training at 100x's earth gravity & **** but I'm not complaining about it. I accept that the Androids are strong without logical justification. Like Kale & Caulifla, we don't have the Androids' backstories. I'm pointing out here that y'all are trying to apply logic to stuff and are getting upset when illogical stuff happen, but you guys pick and choose on the logical inconsistencies yall wanna get upset over.

Goku having a heart attack and getting his *** kicked- logical. Goku breathing in space- illogical... If Goku can do an illogical thing such as breathe in space one time, why can't he also defeat an Android while he's having a heart attack? Stranger things have happened. Him taking an L, believable, but if he had defeated Android 19, would you have even been surprised? I wouldn't.

We know Goku's backstory because he's the main character of the DB Franchise. We don't really know most characters' backstories. Yes, Goku had to train hard and went through stupendously ridiculous journeys to get to where he is. But even to get to a power level of 100, he had to do a lot more than everybody else just to reach it, and he was 23 when Raditz showed up.

Yet, 3 or 4 yr old Gohan's headbutt was the straw that broke the camel's back? That's the attack that actually hurt and weakened Raditz. He's a child with no training, and his world martial arts champion dad went through so much and couldn't put a scratch on Raditz???

but wait, i know what your rebuttal is
mixed breed Saiyans are immensely powerful, or, his parents are both warriors.
Ok... So u wanna make sense out of something that doesn't make sense?

Then I raise the following if we're just going to do that... U6 Saiyan Warriors evolved to the point where they don't have tails, so they're biologically different from U7 Warriors. Trunks and Goten didn't have tails, so by logic I can deduct that the U6 Warriors are powered like Goten & Trunks since they're all tail-less Saiyans. It's a common denominator.

We don't know Kale & Caulifla's background stories and what type of training they've gone through, who they've fought.

Bring up that they just learned SSJ a few days ago, I bring up that SSJ is just a multiplier applied to their base, and I counter with Gohan was just a powerless baby 4 seconds before he headbutted Raditz and was for a split second more powerful than Piccolo and Goku combined. I then raise that we have no knowledge of how powerful Kale & Caulifla are at base, and I also raise that Goku literally had absolutely no power just 5 minutes ago, and Freeza gave him just enough for him to move around.

Goku's health bar's been blinking at 1% for 5 minutes now, he's doing pretty well for his 1% of SS/2/3/G/B against a 100% BSSJ x 30% SSJ2 fused character.

TLDR; Version:
Yall accepted Baby Gohan's headbutt was stronger than a man who spent 24 years training martial arts with world masters, God's servant, and basically fighting against nature...
Then yall also gonna have to accept 2 more characters who are strong for nothing.

It's a cartoon guys.

Bringing up the androids ain't a fair argument in my opinion, their strength is literally determined as their built. The only androids built to take care of Goku was 17-20 (16 doesn't count since he was still being worked on) and even Gero miscalculated to an extent since he ignored their battles in space. Gohan catching Raditz's slipping is fine, nobody said anything about the U6 saiyans being weak, but playing hopscotch with transformations when you never heard of something just seems odd.

I always thought after a certain point the fighters of a certain level could breathe in space for a certain amount of time. I never had an issue with that but since you bring up,
how old were some of us when we first saw Dragonball cause back then we probably didn't care about any of that?

Yall accepted Baby Gohan's headbutt was stronger than a man who spent 24 years training martial arts with world masters, God's servant, and basically fighting against nature...
Then yall also gonna have to accept 2 more characters who are strong for nothing.

Imma just mess with the TL;DR, im a simple man with a short attention span.

Goku's power level during the Raditz saga was 400.

Gohan was noted as being of exceptional birth with sky high potential from the jump, Goku on the opposite end was born the lowest class of Saiyan with one of the lowest power levels.

Kid Vegeta was debatably anywhere between 5K-12K depending on which source you reference. Manga said he surpassed King Vegeta at 5 years old and King Vegeta was like 10k-15k.

Again, Vegeta stated during the Majin saga that straight up Gohan had the most potential out of all saiyans and he was wasting it being a nerd. Im sure you remember that scene in Babidi's ship.

Dude going brazy with the headbutt is not out of the realm of possibility for me, there was character build up.

Trying to justify PiS with other occurrences of PiS is not a valid argument in my mind. All forms of it should be called it wherever and whenever.

Ty for allowing me another platform to elevate my mans Vegeta though, the God has been finessing since he was a youngin :pimp:

tumblr_mwl9p6BFFX1s20ivko1_500.gif

Imma just mess with the TL;DR, im a simple man with a short attention span.

Goku's power level during the Raditz saga was 400.

Gohan was noted as being of exceptional birth with sky high potential from the jump, Goku on the opposite end was born the lowest class of Saiyan with one of the lowest power levels.

Kid Vegeta was debatably anywhere between 5K-12K depending on which source you reference. Manga said he surpassed King Vegeta at 5 years old and King Vegeta was like 10k-15k.

Again, Vegeta stated during the Majin saga that straight up Gohan had the most potential out of all saiyans and he was wasting it being a nerd. Im sure you remember that scene in Babidi's ship.

Dude going brazy with the headbutt is not out of the realm of possibility for me, there was character build up.

Trying to justify PiS with other occurrences of PiS is not a valid argument in my mind. All forms of it should be called it wherever and whenever.

Ty for allowing me another platform to elevate my mans Vegeta though, the God has been finessing since he was a youngin :pimp:

tumblr_mwl9p6BFFX1s20ivko1_500.gif

That's all great but again, we don't know Kale, Caulifla, & Cabba's backstories. They've all evolved without tails, and in comparison, the tail-less Saiyans in U7 are Goten & Trunks— and they had the ability to go SSJ when they were babies.

How do we know what class Saiyans the U6 ones are? How do we know if they have enormous potential or not? We know very little of them. We won't know anything about them until IF they do an arc that's U6 based and they dive into their pasts.

Back
Top Bottom