Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

chapter 73 summary

“i’m not like him. i won’t let my guard down”
“from now on, i’ll be your opponent”
:evil: :evil: :evil:

7A020101-D762-46A5-8CDC-26961A3113E6.jpeg

They couldn’t think of other way for granolah to defeat goku without him letting his guard down? Cmon man. That dragon needs to get out more if MUI is actually stronger than “ strongest in the universe “ Granolah. * Insert why you lying pic*

i know Dragon Ball ain’t a narrative driven story but even still, this type of reoccurring trope is dumb lazy

Goku has not changed as a character since he bumped his head.

He will never learn or grow. He'll always be naive and willing to give bad guys a chance.

I thought it was more than obvious he's a static character that focuses everyone else to deal with how childish he is.

It's why all of the progressive more mature character work and plots are given to Trunks.

Goku has not changed as a character since he bumped his head.

He will never learn or grow. He'll always be naive and willing to give bad guys a chance.

I thought it was more than obvious he's a static character that focuses everyone else to deal with how childish he is.

It's why all of the progressive more mature character work and plots are given to Trunks.
if you wanna be black and white about it, sure you can say all that

but even with his core characteristics being the same, he’s regressed considerably from Z to Super

if you wanna be black and white about it, sure you can say all that

but even with his core characteristics being the same, he’s regressed considerably from Z to Super
I wouldn't even call it regression. The plots and deus ex machina occur in a way to make Goku even less worried and concerned with dying or death at all. Why shouldn't he give Moro a chance? Or even ****ing Frieza?

All antagonists either end up permanently dead and/or locked away (Cell, Buu, Gero, Babidi, etc) or they end up begrudgingly being Goku's friend (Fat Buu, Jiren, Vegeta, Hit, Piccolo, Broly).

If anything, Goku has learned he is an immortal/invincible fighter that will never really lose so he doesn't have to change. If he dies? Get wished back. Family and friends die? Wish em back. Planets blown up? Wish it back. Oh what's that, bad guy merges with the universe so I can't punch him? Call the supreme god I got on speed dial to erase the problem.

The Dragonball universe basically bends to Goku's will to provide him with stronger fighters. Other characters tragic stories and emotional motivations for why they're fighting or w/e the conflict is mean nothing to him. Shut up and fight, get beaten, don't come back until you're stronger.

Last edited:
He should definitely get cancelled for that line.

Or is he becoming more like Beerus?

Beerus washing Goku can’t simply be Hakai? How does he muster the speed and strength especially what was demonstrated in the Manga at the start of the ToP?

Ugh. So nonsensical. Dr Wheelo? Hopefully he merges with 17 and 15.
Does the actual game incorporate these storylines?

So they adopted the Zero Human storyline to the game as DLC?

It just seems difficult to keep up with the story besides it’s random.

So they adopted the Zero Human storyline to the game as DLC?

It just seems difficult to keep up with the story besides it’s random.
yes and no

its basically just the same Zamasu from Super except Fu went to the past and told him to escape before Zeno erased the universe

and since he escaped he been jumping through different timelines murking Goku’s left and right in search of the main Goku

Back
Top Bottom