Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

DBS manga is so garbage I hope the anime doesn't follow it
Toyotarou is such a lame unoriginal writer, he be rehashing old DB stuff and turning it to trash
Toriyama should've never had this guy as his successor

DBS manga is so garbage I hope the anime doesn't follow it
Toyotarou is such a lame unoriginal writer, he be rehashing old DB stuff and turning it to trash
Toriyama should've never had this guy as his successor
Toriyama is the one giving Toyotaro the main plot points and he just fills in the blanks after that

It’s both of them

From the way the manga and Anime are, I’d say the committee and Toyotaro have the main influence. Just because Toriyama gave a basic plot skeleton and character description doesn’t mean you can’t craft the story how you like...

What I will say. The artwork in the Manga = good. I just watched a DBS clip on YouTube and it’s not really consistent.

From the way the manga and Anime are, I’d say the committee and Toyotaro have the main influence. Just because Toriyama gave a basic plot skeleton and character description doesn’t mean you can’t craft the story how you like...

What I will say. The artwork in the Manga = good. I just watched a DBS clip on YouTube and it’s not really consistent.
Nah it came out just last week in a V-Jump interview with the DBS editor that Toriyama pretty much works hand in hand with Toyo in terms of the story development, in fact he says that Toriyama has most of the story influence

This blood on his hands too

Last edited:
Nah it came out just last week in a V-Jump interview with the DBS editor that Toriyama pretty much works hand in hand with Toyo in terms of the story development, in fact he says that Toriyama has most of the story influence

This blood on his hands too

all that tweet shows me is that toyotarou writes/draws this out, it goes to an editor, and then toriyama has the final "edit". in the 2nd screenshot, it suggests toriyama says Yes to everything that is presented to him, and gives advice on what to add to make toyotarou's idea better from his perspective

sounds like toriyama is just an advisor/counselor for toyotarou's story
Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 1.18.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 1.19.17 AM.png

"yes and add more details"

all that tweet shows me is that toyotarou writes/draws this out, it goes to an editor, and then toriyama has the final "edit". in the 2nd screenshot, it suggests toriyama says Yes to everything that is presented to him, and gives advice on what to add to make toyotarou's idea better from his perspective

sounds like toriyama is just an advisor/counselor for toyotarou's story
Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 1.18.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 1.19.17 AM.png

"yes and add more details"
6A43B878-DBDE-4DC3-B72B-F7F6574C91E2.jpeg

goes hand in hand with "Toyotaro's storyboards are unusually detailed because of this extra Toriyama check" im not convinced that toriyama writes this story until new info comes out with clarification. regardless, i hope the anime differs from the manga

It just sounds like Toriyama has the ultimate say but he never dismisses or denies Toyo's stories/plots/ideas cuz most of the stuff he comes up with is in line with what Toriyama would do anyway.

All Toriyama really does is add stuff and focuses on the comedy by what's been said.

None of the overall Super villains and plots are that different from the DBZ era. Toriyama did aliens, cyborgs, and magic first then played around with the concept of the kais who are gods and just expanded.

It'd be different if Toyo was coming through with Naruto or Bleach type plots (or One Piece or Fairy Tale) and doing them in a DB way.

Animation is no question better in Super than Z.
Art wise, I like Toyotaro’s style, but Toriyama is still king. Y’all see when he draws a DB character or his work on Dragon Quest XI/Builders? If he drew Dragon Ball today, it’d be fire.

Still hoping to see him do the art on a Chrono Trigger remake or sequel.

Do you think the art is consistent in Super? I remember folks posting in this thread the artwork from the Battle of the Gods arc and it was just putrid on some occasions.

Not to say Z was consistent, it’s been a long time.

Super was buns in terms of quality animation

Z wasn’t perfect either but def a lot more consistent

Super knew exactly when it could take breaks and when it had to step up which wasn’t very often

More often than not Super was average at best with the animation

.... you can tell the universe has more exhibitions of power awaiting for Goku and friends ... if they can get past the wizard named Moro

...tune in next time on Dragon Ball Super lol

Animation is no question better in Super than Z.
Art wise, I like Toyotaro’s style, but Toriyama is still king. Y’all see when he draws a DB character or his work on Dragon Quest XI/Builders? If he drew Dragon Ball today, it’d be fire.

Still hoping to see him do the art on a Chrono Trigger remake or sequel.
wait WHAT
CHRONO TRIGGER REMAKE OR SEQUEL!?!?!

the episodes that were the most fire in Super were the ones with Yuya Takahashi

man did prime DBZ art style with 2020 crisp refreshness

No idea wtf is going on at this point and don’t even care to find out anymore

If anyone should be getting giant it’s ****ing Vegeta

FF6BB2A6-C6AD-463D-86BA-DF09FFA172E6.jpeg

Why can Goku do that?
How can he do that??

How do you even create an opponent for the next arc at this point if Goku like this??

I knew from the jump two years ago UI was a ****ing wash and was just another SSJ transformation in disguise

Cut the manga off man we done here

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom