Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

I will say that I absolutely hated how the Goku Black arc ended. Like what the **** was that??

however...

Super > Z

I been posting in this thread since super started fam.

Dropping facts and manga knowledge like Santa Claus

Not my fault you haven't paid attention

Idk what yall meter is of scaling whether something is good or not but I do it by comparing it to other animes, and the only one that has given me a feeling close to DB is One Piece for the first 50 episodes (I stopped watching it though cuz it got boring AF [Im at Fishman Island Arc & I'm fed up]).

Besides Berserk (1997), Samurai Champloo, I haven't seen "perfect" animes.. and even those two had "problems." Also, it's easier to have less problems when your show is 25 episodes long.

The stuff ppl complain about DB is such small **** blown outta proportion lmfao. Like Goten & Trunks' youthful appearance

Meanwhile, we meet a lil kid Kobi in Episode 1 of One Piece, we see him again in like Episode 300-something, which is literally 2 n a half months after in One Piece's timeline. He somehow grew 4 feet taller in height, got super strong, and is somehow a teenager. As if the guy went in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber for multiple days (24hr = 1 year).

IMG_2461.PNG

any "problem" u see in DB, I can find in another anime, doing it even worse.

honest question;
how can anyone stand my hero academia when its protagonist is the biggest crybaby ever? how can u have a good show when u cant stand the main character. lets forget about the fact that it's just the most generic shonen anime of all time, i really cant figure out how ppl got so much to say bout other animes but shill MHA as if it's good.

Y'all really brought One Piece into a debate about Dragon Ball Super

One Piece has its issues but should not even be mentioned in the same sentence as this Crayola slide show fanfiction of an anime

Y'all really wounding me bruh

And I can give you ten Z scenes that are easily better than that SSB Kaioken nonsense

Idk what yall meter is of scaling whether something is good or not but I do it by comparing it to other animes, and the only one that has given me a feeling close to DB is One Piece for the first 50 episodes (I stopped watching it though cuz it got boring AF [Im at Fishman Island Arc & I'm fed up]).

Besides Berserk (1997), Samurai Champloo, I haven't seen "perfect" animes.. and even those two had "problems." Also, it's easier to have less problems when your show is 25 episodes long.

The stuff ppl complain about DB is such small **** blown outta proportion lmfao. Like Goten & Trunks' youthful appearance

Meanwhile, we meet a lil kid Kobi in Episode 1 of One Piece, we see him again in like Episode 300-something, which is literally 2 n a half months after in One Piece's timeline. He somehow grew 4 feet taller in height, got super strong, and is somehow a teenager. As if the guy went in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber for multiple days (24hr = 1 year).

IMG_2461.PNG

any "problem" u see in DB, I can find in another anime, doing it even worse.

honest question;
how can anyone stand my hero academia when its protagonist is the biggest crybaby ever? how can u have a good show when u cant stand the main character. lets forget about the fact that it's just the most generic shonen anime of all time, i really cant figure out how ppl got so much to say bout other animes but shill MHA as if it's good.
MHA is damn good

Won’t tolerate any slander for it

And I can give you ten Z scenes that are easily better than that SSB Kaioken nonsense

Z ran from 89-96 and even still I doubt it fam. I can understand some gripes with Super, many are warranted. But when Super takes it there it’s a feeling that Z provided in terms of hype times 10. Like you can’t flex on Frieza and 17 coming out of nowhere in the ToP. You just can’t. Like if I went back in time and showed you this while you were watching the Android saga you would have passed out just off of the implications alone. I still get chills just thinking about how far the anime and the characters have come.

Nah you got zero credibility after that

Disregarding scenes in Super that are universally praised just shows how pessimistic you’re being about the whole thing

Nothing they could’ve done was gonna please you

super was cool
just character development was stagnant
plus jiren backstory was trash
he got that strong by just training himself :lol:

who gives a f about that SSBK scene lmfao yea it was cool but that's not the first thing that comes to mind when i think of Super

if we're being real... u can skip the first 44 eps of Super and you get to the good stuff. watch BoG & RoF, skip that lil U6 tourny, n start it off with Trunks running away from Black... Epic.

if i knew better, i would've skipped the first 40 episodes of HxH as well, going straight into the York New City arc where the fun begins

Fight scenes in Super are leagues better than the fight scenes in Z. Super has great character resolution because of things that happened in Z as well like Trunks coming back from the Future again, SSB Vegito, Kaioken being a god technique this whole time etc. Z has legendary moments of course but that’s because time has played a role. Give Super a few more years. I have a feeling this Broly film and these new episodes of Super are gonna be widely loved.

the new-age pacing of anime is horrible IMO it takes away the anticipation-building, eagerness, excitement, and mood/setting-building that all old animes had. i get why ppl like new pacing... but idk.

Z > Z Kai to me. gimme all the fillers

Back
Top Bottom