Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

yall living too much off nostalgia Dragon Ball Z pacing is no where near Supers.
Idk about supers fights being better but i enjoy the story much more.

MHA is TRASH, the story line is one of the worst put together ive read.
it really tries to build off just 2 characters and even with that they're doing it just all wrong and the supplementary characters they could be building much better to. Why are we close to 200 chapters in and know nothing about Katsuki?
Why they do my boy Lemillion like that?
Is dabi the brother or what?
I can rant all day about how they did Stain....
There's no real intrigue with the story, it's way too predictable
They spent the first 4 arcs really repeating the same formula.
There is no world building.
Ive read a ton of school mangas that still atleast have better world building. MHA is way too sandboxed, I really cant for the life of me figure out the intrigue to it.
I have a feeling it's going to fall flat like Fairy tail.
That's not to say MHA doesn't have potential just needs a better writer

"All old anime" definitely did NOT have pacing like Z.

sure not "ALL" just like "not ALL school shooters are white" but a lot of old shonens like DB (General Blue's the most annoying batty of all time saga was too long) + Z, One Piece, Naruto...

dare i say... BLEACH.

i can't do mha... mostly because the MC seems like too much of a weak *** fruit :lol:
i'll give him credit because we get to see him train to get better,
I do like he's analytical and really studies the game.

Can’t get with My Hero Academia either. It’s so soft.
tumblr_mvg6xjdZW11r13reeo1_250.gif

my first reaction when i see folks raving about it like its the illest **** ever

I would put Super over Z if they didn't recreate and rushed the **** out of the first two sagas. Zamasu arc was cool especially the introduction of goku black. The ending was lame tho. You could see the button would play a part from miles away

Reactions: OTG
The whole Mai and Trunks thing in Super was beyond weird. Like it made no sense and they were trying to force it on us like it did. I LOVED the way that arc started though. The mystery of who Goku Black really was is peak Dragon Ball idc idc idc the ending was really disappointing solely because of that.

...and Trunks’ spirit sword :stoneface:

Reactions: OTG
Not a pacing expert nor do I care to argue about it, Super had plenty of dumbass episodes (Toonami is currently airing one today), but like I stated earlier the fact their was two legit villains the whole show, one being a rematch, wont let me put above Z. I mean how much of the main cast actually died in Super? Not even really fair compare both series since Super was trying to take the best parts of the first 2 series to appease fans. (Which is smart, I just wasnt into it)

Not a pacing expert nor do I care to argue about it, Super had plenty of dumbass episodes (Toonami is currently airing one today), but like I stated earlier the fact their was two legit villains the whole show, one being a rematch, wont let me put above Z. I mean how much of the main cast actually died in Super? Not even really fair compare both series since Super was trying to take the best parts of the first 2 series to appease fans. (Which is smart, I just wasnt into it)

i dont really think any of these guys who are saying Super > Z really thinks that tbh.

Ppl forget, we went thru DB thinking Goku was just some weird strong kid who could turn into a monkey. We aint know he was an alien. Z starts off.. we learn Goku from another planet, and that his race is a band of ppl that go everywhere destroying everything.

Complete shocker. The same dude that saved Earth from Piccolo?? He was sent out to destroy Earth???

and then... PICCOLO of all people is forced to team up with Goku.. and ironically, he got to kill him just like he always wanted to.. but little did he know that everything was about to change.

yo. how do u go thru 190 episodes of DB where u'r with Goku all the time... Z starts and he gets killed within the first like 15 episodes... WTF.

Z was super shocking. twist after twist. Never expected Piccolo to be a good guy. Never would've thought Vegeta would be a good guy either, cuz even when he was good, he was still a bad guy until his self-sacrifice in the Buu arc. Mind you, Vegeta went from the Androids attempting to kill Bulma and Baby Trunks, where Future Trunks confronted him and said, why didnt you try to save them?? To which Vegeta said he dgaf about that woman and HER child... N now look what Vegeta has become. It's crazy.

vegeta wild killing spree on namek. freeza's many forms. krillin getting bodied again... SSJ for the first time... man Z was stacked with **** yo.. captain ginyu dilemma with the body switching. soooo many hurdles.

the androids. cell. gohan's wasted potential. gotenks... the most uncontrollable wild villain ever; kid buu. Smh.. how tf can Super be better

Goku vs Vegeta is still my favorite fight in DB, Z or Super.
giphy.gif

Goku taking PEDs midmatch and Vegeta still tanking his attacks :pimp:
Kamehameha vs Galick gun :pimp:
Vegeta going Ape :pimp:
Vegeta eating the mini-spirit bomb and then getting back up to pimp slap Krillin :pimp:

Everything that happened on Namek alone is better than all of Super. Android/Cell saga too is better than all of Super.
And then we get Buu which admittedly isn't my favorite but was still good. It just aint even close.
Super is better than GT I guess which counts for.....something. Not much, but something.

ToP was great and the last two eps of Super was some of the best out of the franchise, but saying it's better than Z is crazy to me.

honest question;
how can anyone stand my hero academia when its protagonist is the biggest crybaby ever? how can u have a good show when u cant stand the main character. lets forget about the fact that it's just the most generic shonen anime of all time, i really cant figure out how ppl got so much to say bout other animes but shill MHA as if it's good.
... because it's a good anime. You know people say the same thing about DBZ/Super plot holes and bad writing?
I love dragonball as much as the next guy but I could look past some of it's issues just like MHA and the main character crying is one of them. It's annoying sometimes, but he has some BA moments that makes it up for me.

There's no real intrigue with the story, it's way too predictable
They spent the first 4 arcs really repeating the same formula.
Right...... like dragonball

I mean yall can hate MHA if you want. Everyone has their taste in anime, but some of the criticism being made can also be made for dragonball Z and Super

Lol I never said mha was worst story wise than Dragonball Z
lol I dont consider Dragonball ground breaking anime either, it was just the first I laid eyes upon when dudes were going ham with fights. My very first anime was Project A-ko & fist of the north star

my first anime was sailor moon :rofl:

i really like what supersaiyangod supersaiyangod was saying about the progression from watching DB to DBZ with the plot twist and realizations.

in the 90's i saw DBZ first before DB. I actually didnt watch DB until a few years ago so im kinda envious that I didnt get to experience all of those story angles the proper way

i did all this **** backwards :rofl:

Most American children experienced Z before DB because Z exploded in popularity. DB had been aired in earlier years (my dad remembered watching it as a teen in the 80s) but it didn't latch on. It might have been a generational difference.

Once Z popped off in the late 90s/early 00s, American kids were more than happy to watch DB.

Toonami marketed DB as sort of a "prequel" to DBZ and not the earliest and original installments of the franchise.

And remember DB and Z are just animated adaptations of a single manga, which is just called "Dragon Ball", one of the pioneers of shounen and the forerunner of series such as Naruto, One Piece, and BNHA.

And if you say that DBS is superior to the stories that were told in the original "Dragon Ball" manga and adapted by DBZ, you are drunk.

I was one of the few to watch DB before Z it came on WB 50 early early morning. I thought it was dope. then in my later years saw goku turn supersaiyan vs frieza in the original Japanese dub. and had to know what was going on.

Clouded by nostalgia. No one is denying’s Z’s moments but Super hasn’t had a chance to be on the collective consciousness of pop culture for 20+ years. Monkey boy is a God y’all. Like let that sink in. When you think about Krillin and Gohan fighting the brink of death on Namek waiting for Goku to get there so they can wish back their dead friends or you think about the 3 years the fighters had to train to prevent a dystopian future where these vile Androids were going to destroy everything, think about the ToP ark where Monkey Boy is forced to recruit and team up with the same entities that threatened his family and the worlds existence in a fight for.... wait for it...

The universe. A damn universe tournament. The strongest fighters in all of Dragon Ball. Tien, Piccolo, ****ING MASTER ROSHI! MASTER ROSHI DID THE MAFUBA!!!! ON A FRIEZA FROM ANOTHER UNIVERSE!!!!! And Android 17 wins it for them!! Y’all take those nostalgia glasses off. I love Z to death but Super is Dragon Ball on an LSD trip. Amazing.

The goku black arc was really dope until the ending yeah lol
Was pretty refreshing tbh
Things like the trunks spirit sword and the potora retcon kinda made it lose points for me

:lol: don’t matter, everyone got they own style for the pose and Vegeta wanna be more like Goku than Goku’s own son. It’s the lamest thing ever when you take a group photo and one of your boys is doing a similar pose to you. Messes up the whole dynamic :lol:

D32ECFAD-0F4B-4B6A-87D3-C35E909AFA1C.jpeg

I loved promotional art for the ToP arc. Dragon Ball group poses have always been epic. The group shots from the intro are just epic.

B2299304-5B12-4ADB-91C0-65285D4B1183.jpeg

Grandpa Gohan would be so proud :blush: that damn 4 Star Dragon Ball

Back
Top Bottom