As far as the conferences go Sony>Nintendo>M$
laugh.gif

Edit:
most of this thread
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rickybadman

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via Joystiq.com

Just how exclusive is Splinter Cell: Conviction?
e3-2009-splinter-cell-banner-crop.jpg

If there's one definitive way to push publishers, developers and public relations personnel off balance, it's broaching the subject of console exclusivity. Begin the line of inquiry and you're sure to get darting eyes, an elongated "Wellllll ..." and an answer that crumples in on itself as soon as it's spoken. Perhaps it's appropriate that the topic of Splinter Cell: Conviction's exclusivity is steeped in a cloak-and-dagger mystery.

When asked if the ambitious Xbox 360 and PC stealth title was exclusive in the really real sense, producer Alex Parizeau simply stated, "It's exclusive," and admitted that it was a business arrangement with Microsoft. Prodding about timed exclusivity (a la BioShock and Fallout 3 DLC) didn't yield anything less enigmatic, so we turned to lead game designer Steve Masters. "As far as I know," he said, "this is completely exclusive."

Aha! Complete exclusive confirmed!

"But that may change in the future."

Oh. We suspect the game may make its way to PS3 eventually, but for now ... Wellllll ...

Riiiiiiiiccccckkkkkyyyyyyyy!

...but in your defense, it's 360/PC exclusive right now
tongue.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You so lame it is funny. First you yourself say the game sucks but you celebrating this, secondly the last Splinter Cell was a timed exclusive so if this goes multi-platform it is not a big deal, and even if it is like Bioshock everyone will be done with the game by the time it goes to PS3. Finally I am all for every third party game being on every system, that way everyone wins. But if you remember the Double Agent PS3 port then there isn't much to celebrate.

Are you dense? It was a joke on you FFXIV post coming to the 360. If you haven't notice I don't give a %$%# about Sam Fisher and theSplinter Cell series, it could officially land on PS3 and I wouldn't give it a glance. Solid Snake is my $+*%*, I have no reason to care about Ubisoft andthere trash series. Kojima x MGS >
Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by sole vintage

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Does 360 have the hardware to run FFXIV though?
the only things i see that might limit the 360 is the hard drive and the amount of people you can have on screen.
it has a hard drive therefore it has the hardware for it
the amount of people you can have on screen? come on now
even 6 year old PC's or older can handle MMO's

didnt yall read that post yesterday by someone on NT who actually asked square-enix about it? its was something like "the game was too 'big' and it (the 360) couldnt handle the frame rate so they scrapped it" - not in direct quotes but im pretty much paraphrasing what someone else in this thread paraphrased yesterday

i dont know your name person who im paraphrasing but feel free to clear up this confusion
the same hardware limitation excuses were being given for other ps3 exclusives like MGS 4 and now Kojima is making a new game for the 360 as well
frame rate issues is more the fault of the developer than the hardware in most cases
grin.gif

olivia munn in a skirt? link?
Yo Knightandgirl, reading is fundamental...
Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Just got back from Day 2 of E3

Final Fantasy XIV is NOT EXCLUSIVE

Sony is a bunch of liars. I spoke with the dev team and Square-Enix personally and the game will be on PC Windows machines as well as the PS3 (sorry no Mac). How Sony can spout off nonsense amazes me. Microsoft is still getting a cut from that game. From what I was told the game is just too big for the 360 to run at a decent framerate and it was dropped. I'll have other notes lates but i'm pretty beat and need to eat/drink before hitting up some more events tonight.

EDIT: also, for you FF fans Nobuo Uematsu is back doing the music. I still think the FF MMO idea is trash but at least they got some quality soundscape this time.
Also and what does MGS:R have to do with MGS4? Kojima is right, MGS4 is to big for the360, that's why it's not coming in any shape or form to the 360. Far as MGS:R goes, it isn't his project anymore, it's a different team atKonami and the game is built for multiplat and it will be 1 disc. Kojima and the MGS4 crew are working on MGS: Peace Walker for PSP and this one has snake.

Originally Posted by JAYFIEND

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

You guys in this console war make me sick.
QFT! Annoying as hell.
Forreal. It's 2005 - 2006 over again.

In the end, it's just biased opinions that won't be heard nor persuade any increase in sales.

What the hell is the point?
tired.gif

Via Joystiq.com

If there's one definitive way to push publishers, developers and public relations personnel off balance, it's broaching the subject of console exclusivity. Begin the line of inquiry and you're sure to get darting eyes, an elongated "Wellllll ..." and an answer that crumples in on itself as soon as it's spoken. Perhaps it's appropriate that the topic of Splinter Cell: Conviction's exclusivity is steeped in a cloak-and-dagger mystery.

When asked if the ambitious Xbox 360 and PC stealth title was exclusive in the really real sense, producer Alex Parizeau simply stated, "It's exclusive," and admitted that it was a business arrangement with Microsoft. Prodding about timed exclusivity (a la BioShock and Fallout 3 DLC) didn't yield anything less enigmatic, so we turned to lead game designer Steve Masters. "As far as I know," he said, "this is completely exclusive."

Oh. We suspect the game may make its way to PS3 eventually, but for now ... Wellllll ...

tongue.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You so lame it is funny. First you yourself say the game sucks but you celebrating this, secondly the last Splinter Cell was a timed exclusive so if this goes multi-platform it is not a big deal, and even if it is like Bioshock everyone will be done with the game by the time it goes to PS3. Finally I am all for every third party game being on every system, that way everyone wins. But if you remember the Double Agent PS3 port then there isn't much to celebrate.
Are you dense? It was a joke on you FFXIV post coming to the 360. If you haven't notice I don't give a %$%# about Sam Fisher and the Splinter Cell series, it could officially land on PS3 and I wouldn't give it a glance. Solid Snake is my $+*%*, I have no reason to care about Ubisoft and there trash series. Kojima x MGS >

the only things i see that might limit the 360 is the hard drive and the amount of people you can have on screen.

didnt yall read that post yesterday by someone on NT who actually asked square-enix about it? its was something like "the game was too 'big' and it (the 360) couldnt handle the frame rate so they scrapped it" - not in direct quotes but im pretty much paraphrasing what someone else in this thread paraphrased yesterday

i dont know your name person who im paraphrasing but feel free to clear up this confusion
the same hardware limitation excuses were being given for other ps3 exclusives like MGS 4 and now Kojima is making a new game for the 360 as well
frame rate issues is more the fault of the developer than the hardware in most cases
grin.gif

Sony is a bunch of liars. I spoke with the dev team and Square-Enix personally and the game will be on PC Windows machines as well as the PS3 (sorry no Mac). How Sony can spout off nonsense amazes me. Microsoft is still getting a cut from that game. From what I was told the game is just too big for the 360 to run at a decent framerate and it was dropped. I'll have other notes lates but i'm pretty beat and need to eat/drink before hitting up some more events tonight.

EDIT: also, for you FF fans Nobuo Uematsu is back doing the music. I still think the FF MMO idea is trash but at least they got some quality soundscape this time.
Also and what does MGS:R have to do with MGS4? Kojima is right, MGS4 is to big for the 360, that's why it's not coming in any shape or form to the 360. Far as MGS:R goes, it isn't his project anymore, it's a different team at Konami and the game is built for multiplat and it will be 1 disc. Kojima and the MGS4 crew are working on MGS: Peace Walker for PSP and this one has snake.

is it over? word to E3 2005

Originally Posted by RHYTHMentality

QFT! Annoying as hell.

In the end, it's just biased opinions that won't be heard nor persuade any increase in sales.

What the hell is the point?
tired.gif

Uhhh it's fun?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RHYTHMentality

QFT! Annoying as hell.
laugh.gif
word.

anyway. castlevania looks ILL. kinda like a devil may cry x god of war type deal. i'm excited. hopefully kojima can keep it from sucking like all the other3D castlevanias
sick.gif

Via Joystiq.com

tongue.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Are you dense? It was a joke on you FFXIV post coming to the 360. If you haven't notice I don't give a %$%# about Sam Fisher and the Splinter Cell series, it could officially land on PS3 and I wouldn't give it a glance. Solid Snake is my $+*%*, I have no reason to care about Ubisoft and there trash series. Kojima x MGS >

grin.gif

Also and what does MGS:R have to do with MGS4? Kojima is right, MGS4 is to big for the 360, that's why it's not coming in any shape or form to the 360. Far as MGS:R goes, it isn't his project anymore, it's a different team at Konami and the game is built for multiplat and it will be 1 disc. Kojima and the MGS4 crew are working on MGS: Peace Walker for PSP and this one has snake.

Alright let me clear this nonsense up. I had a meeting with Square yesterday. I outlined in my post before how they were PISSED that Sony/ the media ran wildwith the "exclusive" "console exclusive" blah blah blah. Today, I went to Square's media presser where they started out with slammingSony about the whole fiasco. I brought this whole point up from a developer perspective in my previous post and I was exactly right.
My point of view is coming from a developer perspective so it is a little skewed. Sony publishes Everquest, d/c, etc AND develops them. Square-Enix is publishing FF XIV and developing it. So if Square wants to push hard for the game on PC then Sony is going to be concerned that no one is buying on the PS3 since Sony's publishing rights and $$$ are tied to the PS3. The PS3 is just a medium so when the medium outshines your product or is directly tied to your product when it is not intended to you as the developer are going to be salty.

So when I go into an appointment today with Square-Enix and I tailor my starter questions around Sony's "bomb-shell" announcement and the immediate response is "Sony is putting words in our mouth about the availability and development of our product." That signifies a problem.

Really, Sony was really slick with the comment about saying "it's the only console you can play FF14 on" but then the word "exclusive" is thrown around and the media runs with it. I am in no way saying M$. or Nintendo do not pull the same crap. I think i'm more saying that I want to see the throwing around of the word "exclusive" (Definition: noting that in which no others have a share) stopped. I'm actually interested to see if Valve has the same sediments as S.E. on how Left for Dead 2 was shown since it's not on PC anywhere on the floor. I'll ask tomorrow.

Ok, Let's talk about the mention about FF14 on the 360. First let me say I spoke to Square's dev's today again. Second let me say that I personallyknow various people within Square-Enix's NA and Japan Studio's. Anyone who's done their homework know that this game is actually"rapture" which was announced years back and shown last year. The was originally developed on "the white engine" which was going to be PS3exclusive. However, a few years ago the engine was re-tooled to what is now "crystal tools". Crystal Tools is a multiplatform engine that Square-Enixis licensing out for development (just like Unreal 3). Coding is done on PC and it is then ported out to other systems. Again, anyone that knows about gameprogramming and multiplatorm engines knows that they are much easier to send to the 360 and have to be specially tweaked for the PS3. But hey that's awhole other discussion. The bottom line is I was told directly that "as of today FF14 is not SHIPPABLE on the Xbox360."

Reasons told to me:
-Framerate is unstable on the 360 hardware
-Draw distance and rendering are not up to par
-The game is "too big for the 360" This does not mean Hard Drive Space this strictly has to do with the gameslandscape (not literally)
-Questions about the 360's sustainability over time. Explanation: FF XI was put out for PS2 and PC. Now FFXI is LIMITED by the PS2 hardware. The reason whythe game cannot be updated graphically or have MAJOR modifications is because the PS2 cannont handle it and you cannot $@%! on your install base. Thus eventhough you own a pwnage PC the game isn't going to scale with technology. This is one of the reasons why is has not been greenlit for the 360. There areconcerns that the platform MAY hold development back in the future. The PS3 hardware is STILL untapped and is not fullystreamlined for maximum development capabilities.

This does not mean it will NEVER come out for the 360 but the fact that we are a year away from launch and the 360 is not a currrent focus for finishing thedevelopment cycle leads me to believe you PROBABLY will never see it on there.

Also, fun fact. FF 13 is behind schedule (yes i know this was reported) but just let me say the information I was told about it did not look good. 13 beingdelayed has a direct correlation to Versus 13 getting shipped. So if one is delayed the other one is too. Anyways I've got to gear up for tomorrow, lastday of the show and first game of the finals. I'll report back this weekend.

Via Joystiq.com

tongue.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

grin.gif

Alright let me clear this nonsense up. I had a meeting with Square yesterday. I outlined in my post before how they were PISSED that Sony/ the media ran wild with the "exclusive" "console exclusive" blah blah blah. Today, I went to Square's media presser where they started out with slamming Sony about the whole fiasco. I brought this whole point up from a developer perspective in my previous post and I was exactly right.
My point of view is coming from a developer perspective so it is a little skewed. Sony publishes Everquest, d/c, etc AND develops them. Square-Enix is publishing FF XIV and developing it. So if Square wants to push hard for the game on PC then Sony is going to be concerned that no one is buying on the PS3 since Sony's publishing rights and $$$ are tied to the PS3. The PS3 is just a medium so when the medium outshines your product or is directly tied to your product when it is not intended to you as the developer are going to be salty.

So when I go into an appointment today with Square-Enix and I tailor my starter questions around Sony's "bomb-shell" announcement and the immediate response is "Sony is putting words in our mouth about the availability and development of our product." That signifies a problem.

Really, Sony was really slick with the comment about saying "it's the only console you can play FF14 on" but then the word "exclusive" is thrown around and the media runs with it. I am in no way saying M$. or Nintendo do not pull the same crap. I think i'm more saying that I want to see the throwing around of the word "exclusive" (Definition: noting that in which no others have a share) stopped. I'm actually interested to see if Valve has the same sediments as S.E. on how Left for Dead 2 was shown since it's not on PC anywhere on the floor. I'll ask tomorrow.

Ok, Let's talk about the mention about FF14 on the 360. First let me say I spoke to Square's dev's today again. Second let me say that I personally know various people within Square-Enix's NA and Japan Studio's. Anyone who's done their homework know that this game is actually "rapture" which was announced years back and shown last year. The was originally developed on "the white engine" which was going to be PS3 exclusive. However, a few years ago the engine was re-tooled to what is now "crystal tools". Crystal Tools is a multiplatform engine that Square-Enix is licensing out for development (just like Unreal 3). Coding is done on PC and it is then ported out to other systems. Again, anyone that knows about game programming and multiplatorm engines knows that they are much easier to send to the 360 and have to be specially tweaked for the PS3. But hey that's a whole other discussion. The bottom line is I was told directly that "as of today FF14 is not SHIPPABLE on the Xbox 360."

Reasons told to me:
-Framerate is unstable on the 360 hardware
-Draw distance and rendering are not up to par
-The game is "too big for the 360" This does not mean Hard Drive Space this strictly has to do with the games landscape (not literally)
-Questions about the 360's sustainability over time. Explanation: FF XI was put out for PS2 and PC. Now FFXI is LIMITED by the PS2 hardware. The reason why the game cannot be updated graphically or have MAJOR modifications is because the PS2 cannont handle it and you cannot $@%! on your install base. Thus even though you own a pwnage PC the game isn't going to scale with technology. This is one of the reasons why is has not been greenlit for the 360. There are concerns that the platform MAY hold development back in the future. The PS3 hardware is STILL untapped and is not fully streamlined for maximum development capabilities.

This does not mean it will NEVER come out for the 360 but the fact that we are a year away from launch and the 360 is not a currrent focus for finishing the development cycle leads me to believe you PROBABLY will never see it on there.

Also, fun fact. FF 13 is behind schedule (yes i know this was reported) but just let me say the information I was told about it did not look good. 13 being delayed has a direct correlation to Versus 13 getting shipped. So if one is delayed the other one is too. Anyways I've got to gear up for tomorrow, last day of the show and first game of the finals. I'll report back this weekend.

I remember Rapture and the White engine being shown before.

Far as the wait time? I'm a PS3 owner. I can wait.
grin.gif
laugh.gif

I don't know what worse, the people that argue about videogames or the people who complain about people who argue about videogames. Honestly, if yourcomplaining about it, suck it up and ignore it. +!%%$* aint gonna hold hands and trade poke cards anytime soon
eyes.gif

Also, fun fact. FF 13 is behind schedule (yes i know this was reported) but just let me say the information I was told about it did not look good. 13 being delayed has a direct correlation to Versus 13 getting shipped. So if one is delayed the other one is too. Anyways I've got to gear up for tomorrow, last day of the show and first game of the finals. I'll report back this weekend.
mad.gif
frown.gif
smh.gif
tired.gif
embarassed.gif
ohwell.gif
alien.gif

I don't know what worse, the people that argue about videogames or the people who complain about people who argue about videogames. Honestly, if your complaining about it, suck it up and ignore it. +!%%$* aint gonna hold hands and trade poke cards anytime soon
eyes.gif

mad.gif
frown.gif
smh.gif
tired.gif
embarassed.gif
ohwell.gif
alien.gif

Forreal, its no different the you idiots who argue of which car is better than which or which COMPUTER is better than which. Stop crying like lil girls andlet dudes war it out.
laugh.gif
at all the crying in here over...

"sttttooooop"
"noooooooo"

How cool do you feel arguing over a game that you had absolutely nothing to do with on a system you also had nothing to do with.
Games are for fun, some of you guys take this stuff to seriously.
smh.gif

About as cool as you felt posting this #!@!!+%@ go put your bookbag and kanye shades on hit up ISS if you don't like it.

Wooow @ the black Wii

Gotta trade in my 360 and cop a elite360, ps3 and black Wii. That would be a nice living room set up all black everything "Mamba" status lol

:looks at my white Wii:

%%*%.

:looks at that black Wii:

I want you, I need you, you're gonna be mine.

Back
Top Bottom