***Official Eminem Thread New Album Announced TBA***

What is that supposed to mean?

Are you implying that Jay is not nice anymore
laugh.gif

Jay dropped probably the best or one of the best albums this year... and that music is listenable.

Yeah Nas is still nice after all these years he's still sharp, but he's also hit or miss man.

I don't usually agree with Time but he's right lyrics isn't everything these days it isn't like back in the days, but for artists like Em and Nas that's what fan's listen to them for because they're both at the top of the food chain when it comes to lyricism that very few can come close to... only thing is Em isn't as nice anymore and people give him credit and accolades like he still is.

Em can outsell Thriller for all I care and it still doesn't mean squat because Mc Hammer and Vanilla Ice also sold a lot they're both wack.

Now you stans don't go getting all up in arms now because I'm not comparing Em to Hammer or Ice it's just an example that slaes doesn't mean anything pertaining to the quality of one's music.
What I'm implying is that Em and Nas are still the caliber of lyricist that they were (or at least close to it) at their prime. You listen to a verse from Nas and it doesnt seem THAT far removed from Illmatic and It Was Written. You listen to a verse from Em on this album, say Rap God's 3rd verse, and you listen to a song off of the MMLP and LYRICALLY he's still go it. Now go listen to 22 Two's or D'Evils or Can I live, and tell me MCHG sounds ANYTHING like that. It pales in comparison. 

What I'm implying is that Jay-Z has lost more steps in his lyrical game than Em and Nas. 

It's laughable IMO to imply that MCHG is the best or even top 5 albums this year. It was repetitive, boring and barely passable from a lyrical perspective. Sonically, it was a good album, but I listen to hip hop for the technical aspect just as much as the musical aspect. 

"lyrics isn't everything these days it isn't like back in the days"

And that's the biggest problem in the game today. You think Kendrick dropped that Control verse for ***** and giggles. It was a challenge. It was a call to arms for rappers to stop dropping **** verses and actually put some thought into what they say. Just because that's the way it is these days doesn't make it desirable. I would rather have an album that has both, but if I had to choose, I'd pick something lyrically impressive.

MMLP2 > MCHG

how can you say that lyrically eminem isnt as nice anymore? lyrically this album is one of his best, have you even really listened to the tracks?

If you go thru this thread nobody is posting Lyrics. Nobody! So of course they aren't listening.

In 2013 lyrics don't matter. Like at all, they really don't matter. You just need A banging beat and a Hook, that's it.

For example - Them Slaughter House guys kill damn near everything they are on. If this was 98' them dudes would no question be some of the top dogs. But it 2013 them dudes don't even matter.

Bammas claim Cole's album is boring. I finally listen and these dudes have to be kidding me. :lol: that is easily one of the best albums this year.

EM is honestly killing this album with wordplay, flow, and lyricism. But dudes want to hear about Molly's and trap ****. That's all today's listeners care about.

IMO Hov is the exception. The Reason he is so great is because he has the unique ability to take whatever everybody is listening to and making it his own. Throwing lyricism on to beats he wouldn't normally use. And that's why Jay has withstood the test of time. He's different. And NOBODY else is like that.

But if you put Hov and Em in the same track again Em would body him again. It this time it might be worst. Because Em really is as sharp as ever. Bammas just can't get past the production.

how can you say that lyrically eminem isnt as nice anymore? lyrically this album is one of his best, have you even really listened to the tracks?
If you go thru this thread nobody is posting Lyrics. Nobody! So of course they aren't listening.

In 2013 lyrics don't matter. Like at all, they really don't matter. You just need A banging beat and a Hook, that's it.

For example - Them Slaughter House guys kill damn near everything they are on. If this was 98' them dudes would no question be some of the top dogs. But it 2013 them dudes don't even matter.

Bammas claim Cole's album is boring. I finally listen and these dudes have to be kidding me.
laugh.gif
that is easily one of the best albums this year.

EM is honestly killing this album with wordplay, flow, and lyricism. But dudes want to hear about Molly's and trap ****. That's all today's listeners care about.

IMO Hov is the exception. The Reason he is so great is because he has the unique ability to take whatever everybody is listening to and making it his own. Throwing lyricism on to beats he wouldn't normally use. And that's why Jay has withstood the test of time. He's different. And NOBODY else is like that.

But if you put Hov and Em in the same track again Em would body him again. It this time it might be worst. Because Em really is as sharp as ever. Bammas just can't get past the production.
agree with everything you said, was sitting in bed last night listening to each song on the album reading along the lyrics on my phone and every song blew me away. the production is just background noise to me. like even if you dont like the subject matter of the songs just on technical ability alone eminem is better than ever, this guy uses the english language better than anyone i have ever read or listened to

What is that supposed to mean?

Are you implying that Jay is not nice anymore :lol:

Jay dropped probably the best or one of the best albums this year... and that music is listenable.

Yeah Nas is still nice after all these years he's still sharp, but he's also hit or miss man.

I don't usually agree with Time but he's right lyrics isn't everything these days it isn't like back in the days, but for artists like Em and Nas that's what fan's listen to them for because they're both at the top of the food chain when it comes to lyricism that very few can come close to... only thing is Em isn't as nice anymore and people give him credit and accolades like he still is.

Em can outsell Thriller for all I care and it still doesn't mean squat because Mc Hammer and Vanilla Ice also sold a lot they're both wack.

Now you stans don't go getting all up in arms now because I'm not comparing Em to Hammer or Ice it's just an example that slaes doesn't mean anything pertaining to the quality of one's music.

What I'm implying is that Em and Nas are still the caliber of lyricist that they were (or at least close to it) at their prime. You listen to a verse from Nas and it doesnt seem THAT far removed from Illmatic and It Was Written. You listen to a verse from Em on this album, say Rap God's 3rd verse, and you listen to a song off of the MMLP and LYRICALLY he's still go it. Now go listen to 22 Two's or D'Evils or Can I live, and tell me MCHG sounds ANYTHING like that. It pales in comparison. 

What I'm implying is that Jay-Z has lost more steps in his lyrical game than Em and Nas. 

It's laughable IMO to imply that MCHG is the best or even top 5 albums this year. It was repetitive, boring and barely passable from a lyrical perspective. Sonically, it was a good album, but I listen to hip hop for the technical aspect just as much as the musical aspect. 

And that's the biggest problem in the game today. You think Kendrick dropped that Control verse for ***** and giggles. It was a challenge. It was a call to arms for rappers to stop dropping **** verses and actually put some thought into what they say. Just because that's the way it is these days doesn't make it desirable. I would rather have an album that has both, but if I had to choose, I'd pick something lyrically impressive.

MMLP2 > MCHG

So much truth

This album is terrible. We lost Em after TES, I listened after hearing you guys claim it was a decent effort. Production was garbage, his delivery nowhere as good as the past and punches sound extra forced half the time.

Eminem used to be my favorite rapper :smh:

I'm not going to say this is trash but I can't listen to this...

I'm probably the biggest Em fan and defender on this board for YEARS. I loved Relapse + Refill for it's originality, creativity, polish, atmospheric tone, etc. It was a great album. Then he dropped the freestyles leading to Recovery....They were absurdly good. I thought FINALLY EM IS BACK. Then Recovery happened and now this album and I feel like I'm in a bizarro world. Recovery and MMLP2 are so bad, he actually deserves for his legacy to take a hit and that HURTS for me to say. 

Recovery was a complete let down and this follows in the same footsteps. I'm literally dumbfounded by this album. I haven't been able to make it through a song to completion yet. I talked to all my old school Em fans from the 90's and crazy hip-hop heads and they all feel the same way; it's just bad music at the end of the day. The hooks, the beats, uggh the beats :x , his flow sounds weird like it's different sections copy pasted and put together. I can't rock with this at all. Overall, I just feel sad. I feel sad because it feels like Eminem officially fell off. Mind you, this album is a sequel to MMLP. Everything after Eminem Show is just him trying to recapture his fire but it sounds so cliche and painfully forced.

Relapse was his last good album because he didn't let outside influences interfere with how he creates art. It was just Dre creating this surreal empty world and Em filling it in with his own stories, lore and on top of that his flow was fire. I'll give this album a few more spins, because you have no idea how much I want to like this album. Damn Em...

Wow pretty much sums up how I feel about this project...

Hearing this new Em is kind of a slap in the face to my childhood.

After trying to listen to this joint Evil Twin, Baby & Groundhog day get a pass...thats it

i'm surprised you guys hate it so much. it's dope to me. i mean, they may not be the best songs melodically, but they're a pure art form of word play and control over the english language. dude is flexing on words like a jedi knight. sure this is no where close to mmlp based on song quality, but given the flow and word usage, its right on par. I dont necessarily sync up Em tracks just to vibe to music, i mean, besides his style, his content isnt really something I'd relate to in the 'blaze an L and vibe sense'. But when it comes to ripping a beat to shreds, that's why i listen. I don't think anybody has ever said dude was the best song writer, but when it comes to straight rapping..few can hold a candle.

Em did a Q&A on Facebook, it was a pain to read through.

Also read an interview with Jeff Bass. Said they're still cool with Em and will always be family. Didn't know he had worked on Relapse. Said Em just wanted to try out new writers and producers. :x

MMLP2 > MCHG
monta-ellis-handshake-o.gif

I bought 7 regular copies and 1 deluxe. I try and support my favorite artists to the fullest...

whats the point?

aside from the fact he aint starving

what do you do with the extras?
I just keep them. I've doubled, tripled, and quadrupled up on Em, Game, Chamillionaire, and Joe Budden in the past. This is the first time I've purchased 8 though. Like I said, I like to support my favorite artists.

And does this seriously count as one album sell? If so, how? Should I return and purchase all as separate transactions so it can count as 8 sells?

^ no, it doesn't count as one sale. I bought 10 copies of Budden's Padded Room :smoking

Chamillionaire is my guy but he disappeared and music hasn't been the same to me

after listening to this for about a week now i realized that its not that em is not as good as before, its that lyrically he is a lot more complex than before. the cool punchline that you would get 3-4 times per verse in MMLP happens in every other line. Jay-Z knew that people didnt really care for complex lyrics so he simplified his stuff down, eminem did the exact opposite there is a unfathomable amount of wordplay/content in these songs and the way he has to compact it all to fit it into a 4-6 min song will turn off casual listeners.

"Better get in the ring and knock him out or you better not come out"

This line was just so damn ill to me. Em is truly on some next level lyrical level.

after listening to this for about a week now i realized that its not that em is not as good as before, its that lyrically he is a lot more complex than before. the cool punchline that you would get 3-4 times per verse in MMLP happens in every other line. Jay-Z knew that people didnt really care for complex lyrics so he simplified his stuff down, eminem did the exact opposite there is a unfathomable amount of wordplay/content in these songs and the way he has to compact it all to fit it into a 4-6 min song will turn off casual listeners.

YES!!! A thousand times yes. Someone posted earlier about this album being wack because no one was posting hot lines. Thing is, you would have to pretty much post full verses. His lyrics build on each other. Posting just one or two lines by themselves takes away from the greatness. You gotta look at the forest and not the tree when it comes to MMLP2.

Eminem participates in Facebook Q&A with fans, in which he discusses Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Dido and Slim Shady's return.

Eminem, who released The Marshall Mathers LP 2 this week, participated in a Facebook Q&A with fans.

Within 15 minutes of announcing the Q&A session, the post featured more than 33,000 comments.

When asked what he would change about his latest album, he said he would add a track.

"I would have added 'Don't Front' on to the deluxe bonus disc, but we didn't clear the sample in time," Eminem said.

Eminem was also asked about a figure he admires from history.

"Ali," Eminem said. "[He] wasn't afraid of any challenge."

During the Q&A, Eminem was also asked about his hair color going back to blonde.

"Slim Shady's back, *****," Eminem said.

Eminem also mentioned that Dido, who appeared on The Marshall Mathers LP's "Stan," was considered for a guest appearance on The Marshall Mathers LP 2.

"Yes," Eminem said. " was considering her for 'Bad Guy,' but thought it might give it away."

During the session, Em was also asked about his opinion regarding Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.

"I think they made a great album," Eminem said.

The rapper began the Q&A session by posting an image of himself sitting in front of a laptop logged on to Facebook.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.26155/title.eminem-participates-in-facebook-q-a

that was pretty cool of him to do that, we should see more artists interact with fans more often.

Eminem Lands Four Singles in Hot 100 Top 20

By Jon Blistein
8 hours ago

Eminem notched a few more Billboard chart accomplishments this week upon the release of his eighth studio album, The Marhsall Mathers LP 2: Not only did he score his first first number one on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop songs chart, but he became the first artist since the Beatles in 1964 to place at least four songs in the top 20 of the Hot 100 as a lead artist.

While that chart continues to be ruled by Lorde's "Royals," Em's "The Monster" bowed highest at number three, while "Berzerk," "Survival" and "Rap God" placed at numbers 15, 16, and 17, respectively. It was "The Monster" that also helped Eminem finally conquer the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop songs chart, an accomplishment it's hard to believe he hadn't already crossed off his list, especially considering the several Hot 100 number ones he's had throughout his career (including "Lose Yourself" and "Love The Way You Lie," which also featured Rihanna).

Eminem Takes Us Inside the Making of 'The Marshall Mathers 2 LP'

Eminem's feat in the top 100 is particularly impressive as well, as he's the first to achieve such a milestone since the Beatles did in April 1964 – and they actually landed six songs in the top 20, for two straight weeks no less (the first week was, "Can't Buy Me Love," "Twist and Shout," "She Loves You," "I Want to Hold Your Hand," "Please Please Me," and "I Saw Her Standing There"; while the following week "Do You Want to Know a Secret" rose into the top 20 as "I Saw Her Standing There" dropped out).

A handful of other artists have actually had at least four tracks in the top 20 in the years since – specifically 50 Cent in 2005, T-Pain in 2007-08, Lil Wayne in '08 and Ludacris in 2010 – but those artists did so partly as featured artists, while both Eminem and the Beatles did so as lead artists.

Despite the success of the four Marshall Mathers LP 2 singles, Eminem has once again found himself at the center of controversy, particularly over lines in "Rap God" that many have perceived as homophobic. The pop singer Sia, who identifies as queer and recorded "Beautiful Pain" with Eminem for the album, said this week that she would donate the money she earns from the track to the Los Angeles Gay & Lesbian Center to benefit homeless LGBT youth.

Eminem Responds to 'Rap God' Homophobia Accusations

Eminem addressed the criticisms and his use of homophobic phrases during a recent chat with Rolling Stone, saying, "I think people know my personal stance on things and the personas that I create in my music. And if someone doesn't understand that by now, I don't think there's anything I can do to change their mind about it."

View media item 643512

I bought 7 regular copies and 1 deluxe. I try and support my favorite artists to the fullest...

View media item 276874

whats the point?

aside from the fact he aint starving

what do you do with the extras?

I just keep them. I've doubled, tripled, and quadrupled up on Em, Game, Chamillionaire, and Joe Budden in the past. This is the first time I've purchased 8 though. Like I said, I like to support my favorite artists.

And does this seriously count as one album sell? If so, how? Should I return and purchase all as separate transactions so it can count as 8 sells?

Album sales are already in the books by the time you buy them from best buy or target. It doesn't matter how many you purchased on the same receipt, they were already bought by the retailer and already count towards total sales. You buying them from store shelves ensure the store will place another order sooner, increasing sales directly on a wholesale level.

Good on you though I love having albums in hand, but prefer vinyls because i like the bigger images and hope to frame my favorites one day.

^ i've heard that before but I've also been told each scan counts. I think each scan counts because the logic of the other idea is basically saying that every album in stock at Best Buy and Target are "sold" which doesn't make sense and soundscan would have larger numbers.

I was also told that most retailers no longer get shipments after a few months. They stop ordering albums unless it's a big name, Eminem, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift and so on.

^ i've heard that before but I've also been told each scan counts. I think each scan counts because the logic of the other idea is basically saying that every album in stock at Best Buy and Target are "sold" which doesn't make sense and soundscan would have larger numbers.

I was also told that most retailers no longer get shipments after a few months. They stop ordering albums unless it's a big name, Eminem, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift and so on.
yeah, if it was the case that they counted album sales when the record store buys them then every album would go gold/platinum the second it comes out

Back
Top Bottom