OFFICIAL EV THREAD VOL: GAS IS IN THE PAST

jaycruz.

formerly xjumpman23x
Who’s in the market for a EV or who already has one?? I have a cyber truck reservation but idk if it will ever come out.. eyeing the KIA EV9 and Hyundai Ionia 7 next year instead
8E474EEA-3DB1-4B23-AD1B-B7B0A878045B.jpeg

07746EB3-E996-4D5F-BDE9-975429BB6413.jpeg

FB4339D8-ABE6-4BD9-AEF3-1CB5B7FCA42E.jpeg

F96465D9-6F69-43A2-9957-342406A9681B.jpeg

I'd rather have a gas car converted to electric. Or go the salvage route like Rich Rebuilds

Kits have been around for awhile and Ford sells their Elluminator motor...I'm guessing Dodge and others will too.

The charging network is still an issue.

I'd rather have a gas car converted to electric. Or go the salvage route like Rich Rebuilds

Kits have been around for awhile and Ford sells their Elluminator motor...I'm guessing Dodge and others will too.

The charging network is still an issue.
This is definitely something I experienced. I turo’d a Mach E on vacation once. If you don’t have a Tesla, running out of battery anxiety is a real thing 😂 hopefully Elon opens up his superchargers to all EVs

I want a luxury ev 7 seater with decent cargo space still. for under 60k. lol That's a dream though.

Car prices are OD now.

I currently have a 2018 Chevy Volt and I have two young kids. But with my parents coming often from another country I think an upgrade to a 7 seater may be beneficial.

I was thinking of putting a reservation on the Rivian R1S or the VW ID Buzz. Both are very intriguing but the one thing that's holding me back is that paying that much for a car that's going to get abused by small children may not be worth it.

Pre-kids, my Volt was so nice and clean, but now it's wrappers on the floor, footprints on the back of the car etc...I may just wait it out until the kids are older maybe.

Volt:
2018-Chevrolet-Volt.jpg

Rivian:
2022-rivian-r1s-128-1657043554.jpg

VW Buzz
alopez_220304_4996_0007.jpg

Would love to have a EV as my daily/beater but living in Manhattan isnt helping the cause. I already have my garage queen in a garage. I dont want to be paying for a second spot to plug up my car

I have been keeping my ear to the ground about 7 seater EVs for a while now that our family is grown in number and friends/out of town visitors ride with us often. It seems like they’re a few years away, since most are slated for release around 2024ish/whenever they want. Candidates for me are the VW id.buzz, Canoo, or the Kia/Hyundai SUVs. I think I’m biased against the Tesla model X now because of the connotations, but if that’s the only game in town when my minivan dies… so be it.

As for a daily driver, I want a Chevy Blazer/Equinox or Hyundai ioniq5 to beat on some day when our current ride retires.

I’m excited for the future and solar paying for my transportation fuel costs!

I have been keeping my ear to the ground about 7 seater EVs for a while now that our family is grown in number and friends/out of town visitors ride with us often. It seems like they’re a few years away, since most are slated for release around 2024ish/whenever they want. Candidates for me are the VW id.buzz, Canoo, or the Kia/Hyundai SUVs. I think I’m biased against the Tesla model X now because of the connotations, but if that’s the only game in town when my minivan dies… so be it.

As for a daily driver, I want a Chevy Blazer/Equinox or Hyundai ioniq5 to beat on some day when our current ride retires.

I’m excited for the future and solar paying for my transportation fuel costs!

I don't know. Paying that much for a 7-seater where the back row is so tiny that kids can barely fit doesn't sit right with me. If you're paying $100k+ for a 7-seater, it better be spacious and comfortable for everyone.

If my living situation was such that I could charge at home, I'd never consider a gas car.

One of these days...

This is definitely something I experienced. I turo’d a Mach E on vacation once. If you don’t have a Tesla, running out of battery anxiety is a real thing 😂 hopefully Elon opens up his superchargers to all EVs

That still won't solve the issue...then you'll have even more people using a select number of chargers which aren't mainly centered around bigger cities and that's before we get to the actual grid being out of date/not maintained. Plus chargers break.

If you have an accident or need repairs parts aren't readily available, long wait times or really expensive for minor issues.

Just received my Model Y 3-row last month. Beyond blessed not to have to gas up here in CA and waste time at the station. Fits my family of 6 comfortably (my kids are still small). I have an appointment for a full matte ppf in a few weeks and will post thereafter. Thanks to wear rare airs wear rare airs for advice. Dude also has one of the cleanest MY out there 🔥

Just received my Model Y 3-row last month. Beyond blessed not to have to gas up here in CA and waste time at the station. Fits my family of 6 comfortably (my kids are still small). I have an appointment for a full matte ppf in a few weeks and will post thereafter. Thanks to wear rare airs wear rare airs for advice. Dude also has one of the cleanest MY out there 🔥
What part of CA you in?? You mind me asking how much it is to wrap?

What part of CA you in?? You mind me asking how much it is to wrap?
Bay Area bro. PM me if you near. I went w Xpel Stealth which it the go-to top of the line. Sheets can range from 3600-4500 for the Y. Installs range from 6500-9500.

Back
Top Bottom