OFFICIAL EV THREAD VOL: GAS IS IN THE PAST

I feel like car maintenance gets blown out of proportion.

Anything major you’re still doing on an EV. Brakes probably even more often because they weigh a million pounds, wheel bearings, suspension etc, not like your average Tesla is keeping it long enough to matter though.

When I had my model S the brakes were fine. Tires would go fast though and it adds up quick.

We are so far away from hydrogen cars in the mass market. Cost per mile is currently 2-3x higher than gas and hybrid cars. And the truly zero emission green hydrogen makes up less than 1% of total production.

It’ll take decades for the FCV market to mature to the level of the BEV market today. And even that’s being highly optimistic.

We are. But when we eventually get there, I think it will replace batteries.

Was at the dealership for service on the X3M today and got a chance to test drive the i5 M60. Went into it not expecting to like it, but man…BMW knocked it out the park. Other than the obvious torque, it handled pretty damn good for a heavy *** car. Def on my radar now.

Also, anything Tesla is def off my radar. Joints feel like toys compared to the interior and driving mechanics of the m60.

Back
Top Bottom