::[OFFICIAL] FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Thread:::

Well.. FOX taking over for ESPN now for the next two world cups... :smh:

I've gotten used to the espn crew these last 2 World Cups. Enjoy when they joke around on last call and the Men In Blazers are good for a few laughs.

It's been a pleasure y'all. We did 11K posts. Time for some transfer madness tho.
smokin.gif

ESPN is kicking themselves in the foot for not retaining the World Cup rights.

They had the highest ratings ever this year.

They did a wonderful job too, pure class.

Almost Forgot.....

The Winners of the bracket areeeeeee

****drumroll

1) realJAYJAY 1realJAYJAY - 97.8 @realJAYJAY

2) NY Mavurs 1NY Mavurs - 97.4 @NY Mavurs

3) NomadicSole21goodkidrose_city - 96.9 nomadicsole21 nomadicsole21

4) Kun Blanco - 96.5 (?)

4*) bamezNT james.vicente @bamez

Congrats you guys were 95% or smarter than the rest of the world. No prizes, just pride.

Last edited:
What happens to this thread now? goes to regular futbol thread or die until summer 2018 
eyes.gif

What happens to this thread now? goes to regular futbol thread or die until summer 2018 :rolleyes

Time to start the Copa America 16 and Euro 16 threads

On that note fingers crossed that Brazil, Colombia and Costa Rica play matches here in LA during the Copa

I've gotten used to the espn crew these last 2 World Cups. Enjoy when they joke around on last call and the Men In Blazers are good for a few laughs.

ESPN is kicking themselves in the foot for not retaining the World Cup rights.

They had the highest ratings ever this year.

They did a wonderful job too, pure class.

Last call was the **** IMO. ESPN got some really great personalities in Bob Ley, Mike Tirico, Lalas etc. Gonna miss those dudes, actually knew their futbol. Men in Blazers were :lol:

Last edited:
Loved the tournament.. wish I wasn't working as much during the elimination stages.. but oh well.

ESPN handled the Cup really well too.. I was impressed all around.

Almost Forgot.....

The Winners of the bracket areeeeeee

****drumroll

1) realJAYJAY 1realJAYJAY - 97.8 @realJAYJAY

2) NY Mavurs 1NY Mavurs - 97.4 @NY Mavurs

3) NomadicSole21goodkidrose_city - 96.9 nomadicsole21 nomadicsole21

4) Kun Blanco - 96.5 (?)

4*) bamezNT james.vicente @bamez

Congrats you guys were 95% or smarter than the rest of the world. No prizes, just pride.
Thanks for making the bracket group Coupe. Congrats to both the guys who finished above me.

Time to start the Copa America 16 and Euro 16 threads

On that note fingers crossed that Brazil, Colombia and Costa Rica play matches here in LA during the Copa
The Copa America adding North America was a really smart move. That CONCACAF tournament whatever it was called was beyond worthless. Adding USA, Mexico and another team that is in form like Costa Rica makes it a more interesting tournament. I am excited about it.

The Copa America adding North America was a really smart move. That CONCACAF tournament whatever it was called was beyond worthless. Adding USA, Mexico and another team that is in form like Costa Rica makes it a more interesting tournament. I am excited about it.

The Gold Cup is still being played next year along with a Copa America in Chile.

For 2016, the US Copa America is a special tournament to celebrate the 100 year anniversary.

The issue with the 2016 tournament is it falls on non-fifa dates which will probably force a lot of teams to bring their "b" teams . If FIFA makes it an "official" tournament then we'll get all the stars here and it'll be epic. I'l catch some of the So Cal games for sure and if the US makes it far I'll definitely travel to catch the semis/final.

Last edited:
A few key stats from Brazil 2014:

Teams: 32

Matches: 64

Stadiums: 12

Total goals scored: 171 (equals France '98 for most goals scored in a tournament)

Number of goalscorers: 121 (new tournament record)

Top goalscorer: James Rodriguez (6)

Most assists: Juan Guillermo Cuadrado (4) Toni Kroos (4)

Number of Hat-tricks: 2 -Thomas Müller, Xherdan Shaqiri 

Fastest goal: 30 secs -Clint Dempsey (USA v Ghana)

Oldest goalscorer: Noel Valladares (own goal) -37 yrs, 1 month, 12 days

Youngest goalscorer: Julian Green -19 yrs, 25 days

Most goals scored: 18 -Germany

Most goals conceded: 14 -Brazil

Most clean sheets: Argentina, Germany, Netherlands (4)

Most clean sheets (player): Jasper Cillissen, Manuel Neuer, Sergio Romero (4)

Most Man of the match awards: Lionel Messi (4)

Yellow cards: 187

Red cards: 10

Most Yellow cards: 14 -Brazil

Fewest Yellow cards: 2 -Portugal

Most Yellow cards (player): 3 -Thiago Silva

Official FIFA Awards:

Golden Ball: Lionel Messi

Golden Boot: James Rodriguez

Golden Glove: Manuel Neuer

Best Young Player: Paul Pogba

FIFA Fair Play Trophy: Colombia

Last edited:
Jamaica is another reason why a completely American Copa America would be more interesting. Some neutral fans would watch the tournament just because of them, and they would have a much easier time qualifying for the Copa than the World Cup.

Anyways, the WhoScored.Com highest rated 11 of the World Cup, including the players who were knocked out in the group stage:

My man Pjanic. 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom