::[OFFICIAL] FIFA World Cup Brazil 2014 Thread:::

Man what a great final.

It really came down to subs.  Schurrle made the run (he has a great work rate) and Mario with the finish.  Argentina brought on Palacio and Aguero and neither could produce.  I thought Lavezzi had an excellent first half and was surprised when he was the one taken off at the half.  Di maria would have been a big help but no Khedira was big also.

The chances argentina missed 
mean.gif

Higuain - just put it on frame good lord.  STAY ONSIDE!!!

Palacio - what were you doing? goalie is coming out...ball is bouncing perfectly...you are a professional footballer...lob it over him, win the world cup.  

Messi - had one good chance.  Other then that you could tell he was trying too hard at times.  He knew he had to be the guy.  He dribbled a lot more then you normally see him do for barca

Congrats to Germany though.  Outstanding finish by Gotze and great defense and goalie play all game Boeteng made some great tackles to stop the counters

Higuain - just put it on frame good lord.  STAY ONSIDE!!!
laugh.gif
 @ how much this dude was celebrating after he scored his offside goal. He was like "I'm the man!"... So delusional that he didn't even suspect that he was offside and look at the line ref to see if the goal is legit even though the replay showed that he was like two feet offside.

:lol:  @ how much this dude was celebrating after he scored his offside goal. He was like "I'm the man!"... So delusional that he didn't even suspect that he was offside and look at the line ref to see if the goal is legit even though the replay showed that he was like two feet offside.

its funny people say Messi does not have a supporting cast. yeah right.

KUN
PIPA
DI MARIA
PALACIO
Zavaleta
Macherano
Demichelis

All these dudes are World Class players. that miss from Pipa will haunt him the rest of his life :rolleyes

Almost Forgot.....

The Winners of the bracket areeeeeee

****drumroll

1) realJAYJAY 1realJAYJAY - 97.8 JJS0LEFLY JJS0LEFLY

2) NY Mavurs 1NY Mavurs - 97.4 @NY Mavurs

3) NomadicSole21goodkidrose_city - 96.9 @NomadicSole21

4) Kun Blanco - 96.5 (?)

4*) bamezNT james.vicente @bamez

Congrats you guys were 95% or smarter than the rest of the world. No prizes, just pride.

Your welcome.

View media item 1077862View media item 1077863

Lol.....

Well that was fun, this World Cup had everything.... Def a great World Cup! I have a few prediction for the next World Cup already!! :nerd:

its funny people say Messi does not have a supporting cast. yeah right.

KUN
PIPA
DI MARIA
PALACIO
Zavaleta
Macherano
Demichelis

All these dudes are World Class players. that miss from Pipa will haunt him the rest of his life :rolleyes
Demichelis world class :lol: That whole list is funny. Other than Aguero and Di Maria there is not a world class player there.

Last call was the **** IMO. ESPN got some really great personalities in Bob Ley, Mike Tirico, Lalas etc. Gonna miss those dudes, actually knew their futbol. Men in Blazers were :lol:

Loved the tournament.. wish I wasn't working as much during the elimination stages.. but oh well.

ESPN handled the Cup really well too.. I was impressed all around.

Yeah I was really surprised how everything turned out. Enjoyed every minute of it.
ESPN really outdid themselves

Sad to see them go

Funny how just a few days before the final, I was doing WAG research and was stuck on Mario's girl :smile:o :nthat:) something serious then this dude goes ahead and scores the game winning goal :lol:

I barely saw that dude in the KO stages

You a fool for posting that Mario pic. I scrolled down and was like wth is going on here.

Even darke and shaka said zabaleta at current form is the best RB in England.

I agree messi had way more to work with than people wanna accept. We love individuals but not even the great Messi is good enough to individually win games. Soccers like baseball in that way. Lots of things you can do to limit ones impact. Bottom line golden ball should have been Mueller. Kroos. James or Robben. Id have gone with Robben. As an individual he did influence every match heavilyyy.

Demichelis world class :lol: That whole list is funny. Other than Aguero and Di Maria there is not a world class player there.

Maybe Demichelis, but everyone else on that list is World Class. Pipa plays in Napoli, Palacio had 17 goals for Inter Milan last year. Messi has good players around him, but for some reason, he always falter on the Argentine NT :smh:

Last edited:
Even darke and shaka said zabaleta at current form is the best RB in England.

I agree messi had way more to work with than people wanna accept. We love individuals but not even the great Messi is good enough to individually win games. Soccers like baseball in that way. Lots of things you can do to limit ones impact. Bottom line golden ball should have been Mueller. Kroos. James or Robben. Id have gone with Robben. As an individual he did influence every match heavilyyy.
Lahm is obvious, but how many other RB's in the world would you really take over Zabaleta?

Back
Top Bottom