Official Final Fantasy Thread | XII is the GOAT

Are we doing spoilers in here?

I finished it last night. I'm mad. I have a lot of problems with this game, but I still enjoyed it all the way through, which is quite interesting.

I have a lot of opinions.

I immediately started up a new FFIX playthrough afterwards.

Any tips on beating Rufus?
I didnt manage to get the Twin Stinger so i never got the counter stance ability or realize you could cast Stop on Rufus. But focus only on the dog initially until its dead. Once its solo Rufus you can only attack him with skills and only on his reload, regular attacks dont work. That took me way longer to realize than it should have.

Def take out the dog first like dakingii suggested. Keep your distance as well.

Once you kill the dog, rufus will change his moves where he has to reload. every time hes reloading, its your time to hit him.
if hes not reloading, keep running away in circles lol. thats what i did.

Are we doing spoilers in here?

I finished it last night. I'm mad. I have a lot of problems with this game, but I still enjoyed it all the way through, which is quite interesting.

I have a lot of opinions.

I immediately started up a new FFIX playthrough afterwards.

Just fire them in a spoiler tag.

The reload phase of the Rufus fight was annoying. It felt like it took longer than necessary.

I was going to finish my Hard run but decided to replay FF IX instead. I just finished Festival of the Hunt.

So I’m assuming we won’t be seeing a ff16 for a while now..

assuming SE is now focusing all their time for the rest of ff7r?

Probably not until next next Genoa at the *** end of the coming next gen. Expect it to take at least 5 years to release after it’s announced.

I was close to shutting the game off during the Rufus fight. I actually had to pause the game and pull up a guide to figure out how to win :lol:. Then i ended up one-shotting him with Triple Slash on reload then a Limit Break. I was heated.

Y’all really think SE is going to only focus on FF VIIR? FF XVI will be revealed/announced within 2-3 years max.

Im replaying the OG FF7 on my Xbox now. I got all the way up to Nibelheim before i realized you can turn the cheats on for 3x speed and health/limit break refill. i knew about no encounter but not the other two. Been coasting through the game when needed now.

So I’m assuming we won’t be seeing a ff16 for a while now..

assuming SE is now focusing all their time for the rest of ff7r?

Depends on what you consider awhile. I could see it coming in the next 5 years. With the way they’ve been talking and knowing Nomura’s track record, I don’t see FF7 Remake finishing before 2029.

Y’all really think SE is going to only focus on FF VIIR? FF XVI will be revealed/announced within 2-3 years max.
Most of SEs big directors/producers are already working on FF7R. I’m not sure if they have enough resources to make a 16 unless they promote someone new or bring someone back :nerd:

Hiroyuki Ito (codirector of 6,9,12) hasn’t done anything in a while :nerd:

Depends on what you consider awhile. I could see it coming in the next 5 years. With the way they’ve been talking and knowing Nomura’s track record, I don’t see FF7 Remake finishing before 2029.

I seriously doubt it will take that long to finish 7, I think it will be done in half that time.

Most of SEs big directors/producers are already working on FF7R. I’m not sure if they have enough resources to make a 16 unless they promote someone new or bring someone back :nerd:

Hiroyuki Ito (codirector of 6,9,12) hasn’t done anything in a while :nerd:
That would be dope. I also think Yoshi-P (FF XIV ARR) would be a great choice. The work he’s done on FF XIV is overlooked just due to the fact that it’s an MMO.

FFVII:R had so many different groups of developers working on it, which is why a lot of it wasn't cohesive. From what I hear in the industry, I'm going to say it's safe to assume FFXVI is going to be fine, and is barely affected.

Speaking of the Rufus fight

Dying at the amount of times this guy had his Bravee countered in the last part and he kept going for the same move.People just don’t pay attention :lol:

Back
Top Bottom