Official Final Fantasy Thread | XII is the GOAT

For those thinking about playing FF9 again soon...

I cant wait to try this mod out. :pimp:

For those thinking about playing FF9 again soon...

I cant wait to try this mod out. :pimp:

Will this work if you're playing FF IX via PC Gamepass? Also as someone who is new to PC gaming, how the hell do you install mods :lol:

Will this work if you're playing FF IX via PC Gamepass? Also as someone who is new to PC gaming, how the hell do you install mods :lol:
According to the mod page, you need the steam version of FF9 to use the mod, so I don't think it'll work with the gamepass version. As for how to install it, this mod has it's own installer luckily enough so you just have to run that and you're good to go.

I'll still play the PSOne classic on Vita, but it is pretty great to know this type of love and care is being put into it by the community. Definitely a huge benefit PC gamers have over console.

According to the mod page, you need the steam version of FF9 to use the mod, so I don't think it'll work with the gamepass version. As for how to install it, this mod has it's own installer luckily enough so you just have to run that and you're good to go.
Do you know of any other FF mods I could potentially check out? I'd love FF5 with SNES sprites.

Do you know of any other FF mods I could potentially check out? I'd love FF5 with SNES sprites.
I know for sure FF7 has a mod pack called "New Threat" or something like that that completely changed the way the game plays, adds new enemies, items, the works. I saw a few people LP that mod, most notably Maximilian Dood, and it looked and played very well.
As for FF5, I'm positive you can find a SNES rom of it online and play it using an emulator if you really want that nostalgic feel. :lol:

I know for sure FF7 has a mod pack called "New Threat" or something like that that completely changed the way the game plays, adds new enemies, items, the works. I saw a few people LP that mod, most notably Maximilian Dood, and it looked and played very well.
As for FF5, I'm positive you can find a SNES rom of it online and play it using an emulator if you really want that nostalgic feel. :lol:
I'm gonna look into it. This is all new for me :lol:

I'm gonna look into it. This is all new for me :lol:
Modding games is a lot of fun, but it does take some time to figure out how to get them to run properly. Thankfully there's a lot of online tools that can help you figure that out or straight up do it for you.

Early review of that Moguri mod for FF9:

I love everything about it, except the new music. Had to switch that back to classic real quick. :lol:
I dont think i've ever seen FF9 look that good. I only went up to the part where you first control Steiner. But it seems to be very solid. I'll really get into it after im not too busy in the coming weeks, but I am more excited than I was before. :pimp:

I listened to that guys soundtrack on YT and thought it sounded dope. Maybe it just doesn't go well with the actual game?

I'm probably gonna start a new game of FF7R soon lol. Need one more playthrough before I go to something else. FF9 or 12 might be next in line

They are wilding with that price.

especially when there are comparable quality statues like this for less than half the cost

Would buy for $300

*edit* ok after double checkin, that ff9 figure is maybe double the size :lol:

Wow, never knew this thread existed :lol:

Just beat FF9 today (via Xbox Game Pass) and man, this game does not age well lol. Maybe I'm just too spoiled by the mechanics of modern games.

Just beat FF9 today (via Xbox Game Pass) and man, this game does not age well lol. Maybe I'm just too spoiled by the mechanics of modern games.
Aged better than it's predecessors. :pimp:

1590901511687.gif

What’s your guys’ Materia set up for the Sephiroth battle?! I keep dying when at the phase where he gets his wing.

Back
Top Bottom