OFFICIAL FINANCIAL MARKETS & ECONOMY THREAD

Roubini calls for another $1 trillion in further housing losses and says the US real estate market is "for sure double-dipping". Home price indices and new/pending home sales figures confirm as much.

From DealBook:
Dr. Doom Predicts Another $1 Trillion in Housing Losses
By EVELYN M. RUSLI

As Nouriel Roubini heads to Athens to meet with investors and policymakers potentially about the debt crisis in Europe, the economist says he’s increasingly worried about a problem closer to home: America’s real estate mess.

The country’s real estate problems are “underappreciated,

Originally Posted by Dey Know Yayo

Originally Posted by reigndrop

your commentary format looks like barcap/cs format, lol

or gs... or db... or any other wall street firm's.
Do you subscribe to any of their daily newsletters? Which one do you find the best? I like Deutsche Bank's Behavioral Finance newsletter, usually pretty on point for EUR/USD short-term trading ranges

Do you subscribe to any of their daily newsletters? Which one do you find the best? I like Deutsche Bank's Behavioral Finance newsletter, usually pretty on point for EUR/USD short-term trading ranges

Originally Posted by JC08

noyce's fx charts that matter weekly (gs) is that piff.

Originally Posted by JC08

noyce's fx charts that matter weekly (gs) is that piff.

I've been reading that gold has entered the next phase/stage in this bullish market where gold stocks will be making new highs before physical gold, and also we'll be seeing explosive moves in gold. Do you see this also?

Do you follow ted butler? I don't, but there are some that do and they say ted has been saying silver will catch up to gold(ratio 1:1, but gold will shoot up again) because of many years of manipulation and becuz we use it for industrial purposes(e.g. solar power, cameras). What's your opinion on silver?
Oh and welcome back.  I was wondering when were you going to come back. . .  appreciate ur thread.   

I've been reading that gold has entered the next phase/stage in this bullish market where gold stocks will be making new highs before physical gold, and also we'll be seeing explosive moves in gold. Do you see this also?

Do you follow ted butler? I don't, but there are some that do and they say ted has been saying silver will catch up to gold(ratio 1:1, but gold will shoot up again) because of many years of manipulation and becuz we use it for industrial purposes(e.g. solar power, cameras). What's your opinion on silver?
Oh and welcome back.  I was wondering when were you going to come back. . .  appreciate ur thread.   

Originally Posted by Beermann2

i think gold is ripe for a correction actually.

silver will outperform gold in times of growth (right now)... as we get a slowdown in growth in H2 2011 (in my opinion), i think gold will begin outperforming again.

the more cyclical something is (like silver with its industrial use) the more of a commodity and less of a hedge (or fx/rates product, like a currency) something is. that is why i think gold will really outperform in the next few years. because it is correlated to almost nothing.

Originally Posted by Beermann2

i think gold is ripe for a correction actually.

silver will outperform gold in times of growth (right now)... as we get a slowdown in growth in H2 2011 (in my opinion), i think gold will begin outperforming again.

the more cyclical something is (like silver with its industrial use) the more of a commodity and less of a hedge (or fx/rates product, like a currency) something is. that is why i think gold will really outperform in the next few years. because it is correlated to almost nothing.

DKY what are your opinions on Wikileaks/Julian Assange, this doomsday info, and its possible effect on the market?

If I wanted to practice FOREX trading where is the best place to start a "play" account?

thanks!

DKY what are your opinions on Wikileaks/Julian Assange, this doomsday info, and its possible effect on the market?

If I wanted to practice FOREX trading where is the best place to start a "play" account?

thanks!

I have a question , how do you interpret yesterday's soaring bond yields? From my understanding higher bond yields are a sign of a strong economy but i cant see how this is the case with the US's current economic situation. Was the economy just particularly strong yesterday in comparison to other countries? or do you think this may be a sign of strong economic recovery?

I have a question , how do you interpret yesterday's soaring bond yields? From my understanding higher bond yields are a sign of a strong economy but i cant see how this is the case with the US's current economic situation. Was the economy just particularly strong yesterday in comparison to other countries? or do you think this may be a sign of strong economic recovery?

Back
Top Bottom