OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Euro Cup and Copa America underway

Casemiro just got a new contract last summer, if anything comes from this besides a transfer it will be a gentlemen's agreement to leave next summer

I do think if Casemiro really wants to leave and get a significant pay raise that RM won’t get in his way. And they’ll reward him for being a loyal soldier and champion all these years if the offered fee is indeed 80m.

If we do a Casemiro deal, this would be a year too early for me. Camavinga and Tchouameni aren’t ready to step into that role yet. We can’t repeat in the CL without him. Casemiro is a winner. I wouldn’t sell him unless it’s an absurd figure, and 80m isn’t absurd in this market.
Wait what, 80m for a 30 year old DM isn't absurd?? :lol:

The biggest sum a DM has ever gone for is 100m from you guys and that was for a 22 year old. Highest sum before that was 70m for a 24 y/o Rodri

Wait what, 80m for a 30 year old DM isn't absurd?? :lol:

The biggest sum a DM has ever gone for is 100m from you guys and that was for a 22 year old.

No, it’s not. It’s likely closer to fair market value. He’s the best in his position. And 30 of today isn’t the same as 30 of 10 years ago, especially for a player who doesn’t rely on explosiveness. There’s a reason Madridistas aren’t jumping all over this. Because we know his value when it comes to winning.

Y'all got it
The clubs willing to do it out of desperation but acting like squeezing 80m for him at this stage of his career wouldn't be a massive coup for you guys is wild :lol:

The fact you guys reportedly haven't ruled it out is evidence of that.

Just can't see why he'd personally want to sign up though outside of doubling his wages. Unless the recent midfield signings have really unsettled him but I doubt it since he's still the no.1 starter even though he started on the bench last week.

Don't wanna get dragged into another hopeless saga

Then posts this 2 mins later :lol:

D4E746EC-DE2D-402B-BBC6-87FD2428905E.jpeg

I also think value is subjective. If you tell me we’re getting 80m to just have it sit in a bank this season instead of strengthen a position of need. Then I’m more inclined as a fan to want to keep him (and show Tchouameni the ropes,) because I don’t think we can repeat in the CL doing that.

You tell me with that 80m we’ll improve the RW/backup striker position, and possibly make the squad stronger. Then it’s a different story.

The clubs willing to do it out of desperation but acting like squeezing 80m for him at this stage of his career wouldn't be a massive coup for you guys is wild :lol:

The fact you guys reportedly haven't ruled it out is evidence of that.

Just can't see why he'd personally want to sign up though outside of doubling his wages. Unless the recent midfield signings have really unsettled him but I doubt it since he's still the no.1 starter even though he started on the bench last week.
It would be a nice bag for the club, but we do lose a certain amount chemistry, quality of player & character.

What I posted in the post you quoted...

All coming out at the same time so there's been an actual sounding out somewhere by the Glazers

Oh a minority stake.

Sweet.

That’ll definitely fix things.

(Don’t do this to yourself.)

I’ll stop posting the takes but think they’re right. That’s why it needs to be an offer we can’t refuse. Because we’re effectively being weakened with no other targets in mind to acquire. And 80m is refusable in this scenario.

Think this is a pretty accurate take.

If you guys got 80m out of the blue would figure it could go towards reinvesting in the squad. At least up top where it's looking thin right now.

Think the main reason you guy have been quite in the market is that Tchouameni likely took up most of the budget + Mbappe money that was set aside and you haven't had sales yet

If you guys got 80m out of the blue would figure it could go towards reinvesting in the squad. At least up top where it's looking thin right now.

Think the main reason you guy have been quite in the market is that Tchouameni likely took up most of the budget + Mbappe money that was set aside and you haven't had sales yet

It’s also been that there’s nobody the club really wants to go after up top. Jesus looks to be saving in Arsenal and that was our guy for RW/ST backup. And the club haven’t been sold on other names.

Didn't the Glazers make a comment that they will not sell the club after the Super League backlash?

There's still a lot of money left over from the potential Mbappe deal remember he would have got 120 signing bonus and then the salary, nowhere near has that much been spent. We still have over 25 players, the only player they would have bought as is, was Gaby but the non eu stuff stopped that.

Didn't the Glazers make a comment that they will not sell the club after the Super League backlash?
They made Woodward the scapegoat for that backlash last year.

Now with their ownership more in the spotlight than ever we're hearing thay they're sounding out potential investors and consortiums are being formed rather than them flat out denying that there'll be any changes like they have before.

Been a much different tune than they've taken over the last decade.

It's funny though, Elon's troll had the share price go up 17% :lol:

There's still a lot of money left over from the potential Mbappe deal remember he would have got 120 signing bonus and then the salary, nowhere near has that much been spent. We still have over 25 players, the only player they would have bought as is, was Gaby but the non eu stuff stopped that.
Probably saving for when Haaland's release clause can be activated in 2yrs

Back
Top Bottom