OFFICIAL FREDDIE GIBBS THREAD - Piñata IS OUT NOW!

I needa find a stream.

You need to find a what?

Gibbs stuff always comes on in the shuffle, and I never skip anything. Never listened to his pre-Cold Day In Hell stuff, but all of what I listened to was more than solid. I must be a fun of his if I actually bought ESGN. BFK is probably as close as commercial he can sound, and if that is the case, I hope he can get some shine down the line...even though I doubt that will happen on a large scale.

That Pinata tracklist looks tough :x :pimp:

Album stream is what I'm looking for. Probably on some hip hop blog site

Anyone from NY hitting his show on Saturday? I just changed my work schedule just so I can go I am really feeling Pinata and Gibbs put on dope shows. 

How come no best buys around me have pinata in stock.. I was gonna pick it up after school but no one has it according to their website

Got me replayin High and Thuggin at least 3 times in the whip
"My uncle last _  put him on the glass _
Tried to rob a man to feed his habit, he got blasted

I live on borrowed time, my expiration date I passed it
So lock me up forever, but this _  is everlasting
I'm thuggin'"

sick.gif
mean.gif

How come no best buys around me have pinata in stock.. I was gonna pick it up after school but no one has it according to their website

I'm always surprised at what is in stores and what isn't. I've bought Danny Brown, 9th Wonder/Buckshot, and Sean Price straight from Best Buy. but there's been stuff I fully expected to be in stores that wasn't

Last edited:
I've never been a fan of Freddie Gibbs, but I made sure to check out Piñata due to Madlib's production.  To me, Freddie Gibbs is just there, but as expected, Madlib killed it.  

Lol did yall not hear Thuggin when it first came out? That jawn came out before ESGN did if I remember lol. On that Thuggin EP. Gibbs actually put every song they did together on here except Deep which is a good song too

Lol did yall not hear Thuggin when it first came out? That jawn came out before ESGN did if I remember lol. On that Thuggin EP. Gibbs actually put every song they did together on here except Deep which is a good song too

I swear Thuggin came out like in 2011 :lol: Still a dope song though, especially if you haven't heard it in awhile.

Deep actually might be my favorite Gibbs song, period. His flow, wordplay, and rhyme patterns on there are absolutely ridiculous. There are very few rappers alive that can spit like that, especially over such an intricate and unorthodox beat...

I swear Thuggin came out like in 2011 :lol: Still a dope song though, especially if you haven't heard it in awhile.

Yea idk if its THAT old but I know its from at least last year :lol:
You are right about it being a tough song regardless tho

Sidenote: Stones Throw NEEDS to make some merch for this album. They did for the Shame EP, idk why they couldnt do a shirt based off the artwork or something.
Heres that Shame t shirt btw if anyone is interested...

http://www.stonesthrow.com/store/men-s-tshirt/freddiegibbsmadlib/shame-white

This fool so underrated I don't even know what to say, man drops some solid *** songs and tapes!

Yeah, Thuggin' dropped in 2011.  It was the first EP Madlib and Gibbs released.

Back
Top Bottom