Official Game 2: 05/06 Houston Rockets @ Los Angeles Lakers 7:30PM PST TNT

I remember when i posted a while back in a houston vs l.a. reg. season game these laker fans were tryin to say that Bynum was better than Yao i told them theywere crazy.. Yao clowns bynum and gasol..

Originally Posted by bright nikes

lakers need to get the ball into pau / bynum quicker, in games we lost pau never got the ball.

versus undersized defenders pau sort of goes ghost and plays more jumpshots.

obviously fish cannot stay in front of brooks, so just play his shot and always keep another defender on the block to help if brooks drives.
I agree bro.... they should post up Kobe more often too. Lakers play right into the Rockets hands when the try to drive to create. Houston'shelp defense is
smokin.gif

But
smokin.gif
at Yao turning down the trainers and coming up huge in theclutch. Have a new found respect for him. Rockets play, and have that feel, of a college team. Fun to watch. Best series to watch.

-Even if we lose we did what we we were supposed to do but I won't be satisfied with a loss.
- I hope Phil continues to be his egotistical self and not front Yao
- Steve Blake.... I mean Derek Fisher needs to stay on the floor, I don't think Phil, due to his ego, will put in Ears for extended minutes
-Kobe keep on shooting buddy, as long as Battier and Artest keep making him work and take plenty of shots to score the Lakers will be in trouble
- I look for Scola and our bench players to give us a a lot more than they did, scoring wise
- I'd like to see less turnovers
- And I hope the Rockets come out and match the intensity that the Lakers will come out with on Wednesday, If they punch you, punch back.
This team isn't one that lacks effort though so I believe they're fully capable of winning game 2
- And as far as I can tell from talking to several Lakers fans, they seem to still see the Rockets win as nothing but a fluke which is disturbing. They seem tothink
the Rockets still have no chance and that this series will only go 5 games
laugh.gif

-If the Rockets win tomorrow I'm pretty sure NT will explode. But even if they win I'm sure there will be people who will say that the Lakers got thisin 6.

This should be locked, its not game day.
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

I wonder if the Lakers will front Yao this game or play him straight up. If they do hopefully Scola will be hitting that jumper like last series. I want Waferto step it up too! He looked scared out there in his limited minutes.

We got the win but we sure can play better than we did last night.

pathetic performance by the Lakers...props to houston for slapping us to reality...we needed it and i hope we shake it off and learn from it!

I really don't think that we will front Yao. If you heard Collins when he took a break from talking about coaching Michael, he said that Phil likes theway Gasol tries to steal passes and tip passes and what not to simply disrupt Yao. And Gasol did do a decent job of that, we got a couple steals off of it.

Only problem was, if he doesn't get that tip/steal, then Yao ate him alive. So we need to do something better there.

Maybe, just maybe if Gasol gets going on offense a little earlier, maybe he will play a little better on D and that will help. (lemme put another maybe inthere just for good measure.)
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Stern, pull a trigger.

Houston Rockets will bring WAY more TV rating for sure in the finals.

LOL.

Originally Posted by PRETTYPLAYA

Stern, pull a trigger.

Houston Rockets will bring WAY more TV rating for sure in the finals.

LOL.

Don't underestimate the pull of Yao.

china-map.jpg

Young Yao vs Young LBJ
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

I think the Lakers have to adjust to Houston's style of play if they're not going to make Houston adjust to theirs. The Lakers can run if they playeffective defense and rebound but in Game 1 it wasn't the case. They were made into a half court team and their half court offense sucked.

Also..

- Step up the defense overall. Help defense was non existent in Game 1, bother Yao with a quick double team when he gets the ball in the post, stop gamblingand just man up...

- Be more aggressive offensively. This team has relied a lot on a fast break style of scoring and not utilized the triangle as much. They need to realizethat when they're unable to get that going just run the triangle and pass the ball around rather than standing around and waiting for a one on one match upto create points. The isolation may work at times but they won't win games, much less the series, if it's a one vs. one/two show.

- Get to the free throw line and make them.

Originally Posted by jrdnkiks213

I think the Lakers have to adjust to Houston's style of play if they're not going to make Houston adjust to theirs. The Lakers can run if they play effective defense and rebound but in Game 1 it wasn't the case. They were made into a half court team and their half court offense sucked.

Also..

- Step up the defense overall. Help defense was non existent in Game 1, bother Yao with a quick double team when he gets the ball in the post, stop gambling and just man up...

- Be more aggressive offensively. This team has relied a lot on a fast break style of scoring and not utilized the triangle as much. They need to realize that when they're unable to get that going just run the triangle and pass the ball around rather than standing around and waiting for a one on one match up to create points. The isolation may work at times but they won't win games, much less the series, if it's a one vs. one/two show.

- Get to the free throw line and make them.

Okay coach!

Go Lakers

I hate losing game 1's, but we need to wake up. This has to be the ultimate wake up call.
mad.gif

I have a @$!* load of studying and homework to do for Thursday, so chances are I might miss parts of the game.
ohwell.gif

Game 2 attack Yao, get to the bucket and to the FT line.
Get Yao in foul trouble where he doesn't play well.
Stop settling for jumpers.
Knock down open shots.
Funnel Brooks to one side of the floor with help.
Pau needs to play better Offense/Defense

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

I think there is nothing to worry about... We need to learn to bring our A game every night
co-sign...we tend to play defense in spurts...we need to play d for the whole 48 minutes!...i seriously hope this wakes us up...we need to realizewe cant turn it on and off at any given time

Back
Top Bottom