OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
^^^ As I said before, I’m not going to automatically write off anything D&D put out from here on out because of how GOT ended. I’m assuming the ****ty ending to the show was driven at least on part by burn-out and them already thinking about their next projects.

I agree which is why they should have left the show and allowed new showrunners to take over. But they were selfish and wanted to start and end things in a rushed manner.

What a finesse by D&D. These hacks capitalized on netfluz having too much money and not knowing what to do with it when they're negotiating with creators.

Had they not messed up ....they'd probably help save netflix.

By the way if the climate wasn't the way it was right now. That confederate show wouldbe interesting

Maybe it’s because america is really sensitive to that stuff right now, but was there opposition to The Man In The High Castle show and books?

Maybe it’s because america is really sensitive to that stuff right now, but was there opposition to The Man In The High Castle show and books?
Its honestly not that popular or as popular in comparison and was accepted solely as an alternate history show. Innsome ways the books are more popular than the show.

It's different when you shift focus to black ppl. Black ppl have been especially pissed off with the only black movies being nominated for Oscars are slave movies or about the civil rights struggle. They been fed up since 12 Years a Slave. And a show like that doesnt help that. Its a bit self-mastubatory to even depict something like that extending in to the 20th century. Seems a bit hacky like they copying Handmaiden's Tale.

So some white guys, making a tv show where slavery was never abolished was never gonna fly.

A show where black ppl had enslaved all the white ppl instead though. Now that would have legs.

It was probably going to focus more on the political side. I doubt they would've been dumb enough to focus on slaves

One of my favorites is the Hoster Tully funeral scene in which Edmure and Blackfish are introduced. No words are spoken in the scene. Edmure is an incompetent POS and Blackfish is a legend. Blackfish deserved a better ending than the one that he got.

Whats y'all favorite Non battle scene of GOT:
For me. Chaos is our ladder scene

Jaime and Sir Brienne bath scene where Jaime explains what it was like being labeled kingslayer. One of the best acted scenes in the show.

The director of that episode also directed And Now His Watch Has Ended, The Lion and the Rose, and The Mountian and the Viper.

When Oberyn tells Tyrion he’ll fight for him was a great non-battle scene as well

When Tywin tore into Tyrion and told him that he should have had him killed but didnt because he was a Lannister.

Some other faves:

Tyrion confessing his sins at The Eyre.

Olenna Tyrell vs Tywin. Which lead to Cersei having to marry Loras.

Sansa lying to the nobles at The Eyre.... IATT IATT
I remember that scene being your favorite.

When Davos confronted Melisandre
about burning Shereen.

Tyrion GROWLING at the crowd that he should have let them all die is easily my favorite.

Jamie/Brianne bath is up there.

Viper telling Tyrion he'll be his champion

Robb defending some prisoners was big for me as well.

Whats y'all favorite Non battle scene of GOT:
For me. Chaos is our ladder scene

I’m hella late but here’s one of mine...dope line...

upload_2019-9-2_15-18-10.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom