OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The fumbled layup that all these shows give in their final season, it's exactly why I have Breaking Bad as GOAT. I thought it was a nice, simple ending that made sense and tied all of the various storylines together without trying to make things more complicated for a big finale like these shows do. GoT, LOST, Sopranos, Dexter, I think so many shows over think it and raise more questions as they're trying to tie the show up instead of just sticking with the personality that the show has already developed and making a nice, simple ending to the story.

Yeah? No?

Tyrion Lannister :nthat:
Sirius Black
Jim
Garak :pimp:
Tony Stark 🔥
Solo
Hyde
Saul Goodman :smokin
Gandalf
April
Rust Cohle
Abed
Tyler Durden
Dexter
Lester Freamon (would've never guessed)
Ford
Fox
Scar
Don Draper 🔥
Willow :lol:
Captain Jack Sparrow
Sherlock
Lunch
Neo
Mulder
Gilfoyle

🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 results

Last edited:
I was late to the GoT party, but I agree with you all.

But to really RELATE:

Your GoT fumbled layup was my LOST grounder between Buckner's legs. I cannot tell you how much I thoroughly loved the complexity, the writing, the tones... from a regular cable network. Not HBO. Not Showtime. ABC gave us a GEM, and the last season... 🤦‍♂️ Hell, the back half of S5, I could see it. And I was legit getting heartbroken, like...

giphy.gif

I'm sure many will scoff at the comparison, but I'm not comparing the shows. I'm relating to feeling of disappointment from something that captivated you, hooked you, made you a fiend. Bro I almost got a 4 8 15 16 23 42 tattoo (and no, I didn't look those up. I... LOVED... this show).

And all they had to do that final season was field a simple grounder and toss it to 1st. But it went right through their legs. (God I hope someone gets that reference.)

@CP1708, @whywesteppin
Don't get me started on Lost man :smh:

To me that worse than going through their legs. That was missing a field goal @ 20 yards.

With that said GoT was worse. Lost hurt but even with that ending it wasn't complete trash. You know Hurley got to run the island, Ben was humbled, and Desmond got his happy ending with Penny.

Got from s5 to s8 was the Malice in the Palace. S8 was Tyson biting Holyfield's ear. Ridiculous inexcusable trash. Shame, shame, shame, shame. The writing was on the wall. An embarrassment to storytelling.

Sometime last week I'm in the shower and GoT just sprang to mind. Something about my boy Littlefinger and then I'm trying to think about how it ended cuz I was so disappointed and I had really forgot. I remember reading fan theories and alleged leaks and they ended up being better than the ending we got. I thought about the one where it ends with Tyrion telling the story of the Gane of Thrones to Dany's and Jon's daughter.

Then it hit me. These mother****ers made Bran king :rofl: :smh: They had Dany go "mad" and made Jon kill her. Let Arya kill the Night King cuz it felt right. These dudes forgot about plot.

Sooooooo bad :stoneface:

Last edited:
Y'all done brought up the ending of Lost :angry::angry::angry:.
GoT was bad but I think if Lost hadn't prepared me it might have hurt more.
I think the GoT fumble is worse though because HBO gave them the bag, gave them carte blanche and THEY CHOSE to end it rushed and nonsensical. Those guys are done though. I'm never ever EVER investing in anything they do again.

It really hit me a weeks later when I thought back to Cersei dying in Jamie's arms, the way he had dreamed. I was left in disbelief all over again. How in world could it have ended like this?

This was probably the worst possible ending that could have occured.

Don't get me started on Lost man :smh:

To me that worse than going through their legs. That was missing a field goal @ 20 yards.

With that said GoT was worse. Lost hurt but even with that ending it wasn't complete trash. You know Hurley got to run the island, Ben was humbled, and Desmond got his happy ending with Penny.

Got from s5 to s8 was the Malice in the Palace. S8 was Tyson biting Holyfield's ear. Ridiculous inexcusable trash. Shame, shame, shame, shame. The writing was on the wall. An embarrassment to storytelling.

Sometime last week im in the shower and Got just sprang to mind. Something about my boy Littlefinger and then I'm trying to think about how it ended cuz i was so disappointed and i had really forgot. I remember reading fan theories and alleged leaks and they ended up being than the ending we got. I thought about the one where it ends with Tyrion telling the story of the Gane of Thrones to Dany's and Jon's daughter.

Then it hit me. These mother****ers made Bran king :rofl: :smh: They had Dany go "mad" and made Jon kill her. Let Arya kill the Night King cuz it felt right. These dudes forgot about plot.

Sooooooo bad :stoneface:
Yeah soon as the latter seasons started ignoring the dialogue and essence of what made the show what it was, it became a domino effect. Varys and Tyrion, two of the show's greatest characters were bumbled beyond belief compared to the depth they had at the start

Varys literally became a moving background prop. Hardly any lines or inclusion

I guess the books had a lot to do with it though

Got Tyrion, but overall my Guy Capt. Benjamin Sisko who was actually my avy at one point :smokin

Obi Wan
Sayid
Jim
Nick Fury (damn I can't get no powers?)
Mike Ehrmantraut
Dexter
Mufasa
Tutuola
Morpheus
Lester Freamon
Gilfoyle
Tyler Durden
Lisa Simpson
Lucius Fox

I used to randomly watch scenes of Jamie, Jon, Ned, Tyrion, and Tywin when I was bored. Can’t believe how many hours of my life I wasted doing that on top of the show itself :sick:

I can’t even go back and watch scenes like Tyrion’s trial anymore after they turned him into a 12 year old boy who just makes penis jokes every time he opens his mouth

darthska darthska

Damn brought back the Lost memories

:smh:

Regardless though season 1-4 of Lost was some of the best TV I've ever seen. 2 episodes in I was hooked beyond belief lol.

That last season of Lost though man I was disappointed. I never saw it live so got to binge it after but man I went through it like in a matter of a week I think I was so hooked.

I also have Breaking Bad up as my #1 too.

Still can't believe how bad season 8 of GoT was :smh:

Those two idiots I will never watch or support anything they do again.

I know everyone wanted some next level surprise ending but I was good with Jon ending up on the iron throne and a happy regular ending. Even him and Dany being together. Even the ending they did was whatever but to just do it in a matter of 2-3 episodes when it would need 2-3 seasons.

I don't understand why they chose the route they did when HBO told them we'll do whatever you want.

Back
Top Bottom