OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For the life of me I cannot understand why any character actually believes Dany would be a good queen.

They either wanna get balls deep in her or not get fried by dragons.

I hope Jaime reminds all the northerners how her dad burned ned’s dad and brother.

not sure if this has been said by anyone else.. but really wish that moment of jon/aegon riding the dragon came at different moment

Dany is trash ruler but if we're keeping it real Jon isn't doing well right now either. To us he's making honorable moves and is clearly a good leader but let's step out from being a viewer. He already got betrayed once and is losing the trust of the north. Seems another betrayal is brewing too. Whether he wants to or not he's part of the game of thrones. He needs to be smarter no?

3648FC6F-C5EA-4F37-88CE-937BD48E34AC.jpeg

Inside the episode for last nights premier is a good watch. It helps give a better insight into the whole How to train your Dragon flight sequence.

Reactions: Ube
Ha didn't think about this:

"During the premiere, we see Bronn exactly where we’d expect him to be (when there’s no one that needs killing). He’s surrounded by three naked prostitutes, two of which are swapping stories about dragons, including the Battle of the Goldroad from season 7. That’s where Dany’s army intercepted that long Lannister supply train and slaughtered many soldiers.

The women mention a particular dragon victim, a young red-haired man by the name of Eddie.

“That boy Eddie,” one woman says. “[He] came back with his face burned right off. He’s got no eyelids now.”

As ComicBook explains, that boy might very well be none other than the anonymous Lannister soldier played by Ed Sheeran in season 7."

Overall decent episode. As expected, weren't alot of action but just moving the chess pieces in place for the big plays later down the road. I really, really, REALLY wish the series and it's seasons were longer to elaborate and play out these new character dynamics and relationships that are introduced/re-introduced.

I felt really shortchanged with Arya/Sansa dynamic and Littlefinger being off'd that early

Reactions: Ube
Something I just thought of, what if when its all said and done somehow Cersi has given birth (somebody kills her at some point but the baby is born and alive).

Tyrion takes the kid and similar to Ned and Jon raises him as his bastard.
This is what I think happens. Tyrion raises Cersei and Dany's babies.

Dany is trash ruler but if we're keeping it real Jon isn't doing well right now either. To us he's making honorable moves and is clearly a good leader but let's step out from being a viewer. He already got betrayed once and is losing the trust of the north. Seems another betrayal is brewing too. Whether he wants to or not he's part of the game of thrones. He needs to be smarter no?

problem for jon, people are small minded and petty.. look at sansa, her ole lady was a bish to jon his whole life, she just goes along and even after all she went through still doing unnecessary shh to him meanwhile she was happy as shh to go along with littlefinger and go along with everyone in kindslanding

obviously certain folks cant see the bigger picture, but he does.. on top of him not wanting the job in the first place, but again no way is fully appreciating their situation

maybe they should have kept that wight to take north with em just to show alot of folks there how real and serious shhh is

overall I thought the episode was good enough for a season premiere, all the reunions delivered especially Jaime and Bran :lol:

Few Gripes
- Cersei can't possibly believe Bronn will turn on Jaime and Tyrion for more gold that they already owe him anyway?
- Euron's whole rep of being this great sailor across all the seas yet he leaves Yara on his ship unattended?
- the entire dragon riding scene felt like a Disney movie. It was HORRIBLE, that was probably the cheesiest scene in the shows history. It did not fit at all
- Sansa and Dany personalities clashing is incredibly realistic because women but boy does it make for bad tv. I don't like either one of them and their condescending *** attitudes. You would think Dany after losing one of her "children" would put that whole bend the knee crap to the side and focus on building an alliance to fight the Whitewalkers but instead she still worried about the damn throne that no one else even wants

It tanked because they couldn't pull dialogue from the books. Tyrion went from saying things like "a mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge" to "I drink and I know things."

Worst character change in the entire series. He went from being one of my favorite characters to "what is the point of him even being here ??? "

In fairness, he has a similar character change in the books after he finds out that Tywin had Tysha gangraped and killed. Benioff and Weiss just weren't nearly as smooth with the transition.

I kind of enjoyed the period in the books where Tyron is angry and depressed about everything.

He was sentenced to death by his father for a crime he didn't commit, then caught the woman he thought he loved sleeping with Tywin (after she testified against him)...then murdered both. A drastic change in character and mood makes sense to me.:lol:

In fairness, he has a similar character change in the books after he finds out that Tywin had Tysha gangraped and killed. Beniof and Weiss just weren't nearly as smooth with the transition.

I kind of enjoyed the period in the books where Tyron is angry and depressed about everything.

He was sentenced to death by his father for a crime he didn't commit, then caught the woman he thought he loved sleeping with Tywin (after she testified against him)...then murdered both. A drastic change in character and mood makes sense to me.:lol:

True, but I was thinking more about his intelligence. Remember when Varys said "A small man can cast a big shadow" I can't think of anything intelligent or significant he's done in the past few seasons. Sansa being more clever than him makes no sense; it's just something the writers are forcing us to believe

tyrion did tell dany not to torch most of westeros and be hated by most of the people. At least I think he was the one who told her that.

I wonder how Theon and his seal team got to the ship without all them other ships in that big *** fleet noticing like they came from an underwater submarine
How did Euron's teleporting fleet find them in the dead of night on their way to Sunspear? Narrative.

Worst character change in the entire series. He went from being one of my favorite characters to "what is the point of him even being here ??? "

Well i don't think that's necessarily true. You have to look at how his character has evolved, who he was before, what he believed in and what he had at stake vs where and who is now. He didn't care before which made him a very abstract character in the series. Everyone in this series had reason to care about playing the Game of Thrones except him. He didn't care about anything but drinking and bangin. Over the course of the series he's been thrown in to the game against his will, caught up simply because of his name. He's had to kill a woman he possibly did love, he killed a father that hated him, and he's had to betray his family simply to survive.

He's not the fun loving Tyrion no longer, he's got a huge stake in the war/game now more than ever. He's on the side that could potentially "win" but at the risk of destroying everything that he is, a Lannister.

For that reason alone I feel that they've made that transition from a fun loving character to someone who is now weathered with a much more grim outlook on life and the great game.

Back
Top Bottom