OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hollywood tropes are all well and good but when you say nothing to do with it i respectfully agree to disagree

and i thought when they went north of the wall gendry was expected to die since he couldnt fight then, but now hes strong as ox getting strength from robert baratheon strong? that was only like 4 ep difference

You don't even pay attention to the show. Season 1, when Ned finds him, the blacksmith talks about how Gendry is strong as @#$@ for his age, and Ned even says "When he decides he'd rather fight than forge weapons, send him to me"

Wasn't really satisfied with this episode. Although it kept me on the edge of my seat, at the end, I felt short changed. I felt like after an 8 season build up, the Night King gets washed in an instant by Arya and it just ended fairly anti-climatic to me. Not that she can't do it, but I expected more a build up leading to that moment, maybe actually a fight scene. I would have liked some flashbacks or SOMETHING explaining the spiral symbols through out the series, why he was after only Bran, why he wanted 'the long night' to happen. But then again, it's only episode 3, but so far, I'm not too impressed with this season.

Brienne of Tarts should have bit the dust....if anything Im mad she still kicking, not really sure where her arc goes from here...

Brienne of Tarts should have bit the dust....if anything Im mad she still kicking, not really sure where her arc goes from here...

2nd most votes for "Who dies next week" due to her getting a happy moment (another Hollywood trope), but nah, people WANTED Grey Worm to die because he's black.

I think this ep could have been more satisfying if these three episodes were tacked on the end of Season 7 and we had a full Season 8 remaining.

You the one race baiting, i had no attachment to the Dothraki because they were brown, they always been nothing but a plot device in the show anyways...i wouldn’t have been mad if GW bit the dust, the same way Im not mad Jorah and Theon did, plot wise their arcs are complete and for a warrior like GW it made ALLLLL the sense to die in the biggest battle...not against some random wight but perhaps fighting a general or even the NK, I’m sorry fam, but GW/Mis is not the story GOTs revolves around, it’s never been...so maybe you want them to live on happily ever after simply because they are black, but they are not the main story line....with that said, NOBODY is mad he didn’t die because he was never pinned that I remember correctly in a situation where his skill set couldn’t save him, now...SAMWELL!? The fact he survived out in battle, that’s one of the biggest complaints most have...

You looking silly as always kiddo....your race bait failed you this time.

how you know its not ultimately about them? for all you know they could lead to the browning of westeros

the show has constantly showed you how people raise above the station they expected to be in

so why cant grey worm and missandei be the ones to break dany's wheel?

theyve shown you how dany freeing ppl from slavery is key to the show

so for those slaves to become royalty would be poetic and right in line with GRRM

2nd most votes for "Who dies next week" due to her getting a happy moment as well, but nah, people WANTED Grey Worm to die because he's blackl.

Nobody even brought up GW till now :lol:

Dude was ITCHING to pull the race card

how you know its not ultimately about them? for all you know they could lead to the browning of westeros

the show has constantly showed you how people raise above the station they expected to be in

so for those slaves to become royalty would be poetic and right in line with GRRM

Oh man...you flying off the handle fam...

You sound drunk...lmaoo

If somehow the show ends up being all about Missandei and GW becoming the king and queen, just throw the whole series out the window...

The only thing I ask of the next episode is that we see them make a quick trip to Deepwood Motte, and Robett Glover has his head separated from body.

-Sir Tarth is the second leading vote getter.

-Gentry was not a virgin. Arya was.

-There was no redemption to be had for Davos really. In fact he thought about offing the Red Woman to get revenge but she told him it was pointless. Everyone involved in Shireen's death is now dead.

You are reaching.

i dont believe gendry

and brienne second still is no where close to GW

and davos redemption could have come from saving that little girl thats what i meant by redemption

At the time of the polls creation, you could only cast one vote. Once OP changed it so you could vote for more people, it was too late for those who already voted.

Factor in that GW was making plans with bae for a happily ever after the night before the biggest fight of his life & that out of all the main characters who had highest chances of dying, he has had the least amount of dialogue sans maybe Podrick...

Throw in that a lot of us have watched, read or heard more than enough stories to be able to identify certain tropes when we see them that we possibly couldn’t have used our vote objectively but instead, subconsciously, voted for GW because we wanted him to die because he’s black. :stoneface:

Every single complaint about the episode has been more or less about:

- Anticlimatic death of the NK
- Illogical plot armor
- Bad strategy
- Shotty cinematography
- D&D trashing arcs for the hell of it

Dead *** got the Veuve Clicquot on deck for if and when Grey Worm and Missandei see the shores of Naath together. Man’s gonna be hittin’ the Azonto like he at Paradise Beach Club in Mykonos. Showrunners not gonna let us have it though, even if both survive King’s Landing. Finna sink their ship like the Titanic.

Is always the same dudes race baiting :rofl:

How ya continue to fall for it...lmao

You the one race baiting, i had no attachment to the Dothraki because they were brown, they always been nothing but a plot device in the show anyways...i wouldn’t have been mad if GW bit the dust, the same way Im not mad Jorah and Theon did, plot wise their arcs are complete and for a warrior like GW it made ALLLLL the sense to die in the biggest battle...not against some random wight but perhaps fighting a general or even the NK, I’m sorry fam, but GW/Mis is not the story GOTs revolves around, it’s never been...so maybe you want them to live on happily ever after simply because they are black, but they are not the main story line....with that said, NOBODY is mad he didn’t die because he was never pinned that I remember correctly in a situation where his skill set couldn’t save him, now...SAMWELL!? The fact he survived out in battle, that’s one of the biggest complaints most have...

You looking silly as always kiddo....your race bait failed you this time.

At the time of the polls creation, you could only cast one vote. Once OP changed it so you could vote for more people, it was too late for those who already voted.

thats even worse

with one vote, out of everyone on the show, GW was picked first damn near unanimously then

hand2handking hand2handking fam you're doing yourself a disservice you post plenty of good links and solid info

but its **** like this that has dudes treating you like a crazy person

I've seen plenty of criticism in here, posted some myself and none of it has been "damn episode would've been much better if they offed the black dude"

I thought dude was a goner not because i hate other black people but it just seemed like it was coming

What? Grey Worm and Missandei lead the browning of westeros?

its impossible to think he was lying on his **** and trying to impress arya?

yall talk about movie tropes like thats not one of the most prevalent
Are you serious?

Do you not remember Melisandra chaining him to a bed & throwing it on him?

They literally talked about it before him & Arya did their thing.

and all of those complaints would have been assuaged at least a little by GW dying in "some ppls" opinions im sure

You're really inventing a narrative of "racist white NTers want Grey Worm to die?" This is worse than your fairy tale of being racially discriminated against by Mexicans because you went to a Mexican restaurant and insisted on calling a "torta" a " Mexican sandwich"

Oh and I'm sure you're gonna respond with "Go ahead, get those likes" instead of addressing the fact that you're delusional.

Back
Top Bottom