OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm a bit confused tho..........
so you big up BOTB. even though ramsay literally didn't swing a sword. just shot some arrows and refused a 1v1.
but hate that NK didn't swing a sword.. Even though we had a whole ep of pure terror and carnage (same as BOTB.)
I'm not criticizing or directly saying this to only you.
but how is it different???
I feel like the NK was never a main focal point. just the threat of him, but not so much he needs to fight.
NK was a mage in an rpg. the mages don't get down and dirty. he did terrifying things.
I would say not having the generals fight were a bigger disappointment than not seeing the nK fight.

Ramsey was never made into the biggest threat the realm was supposed to face off against, accept it or not, DEATH was always the threat that would unite the forces...that was drilled since the beginning of the show, Ramsey was a surprise, he was fleshed out over a couple of seasons, he became more and more threatening and powerful over his arc and although he didn’t swing a sword during the battle, he did get down and dirty plenty times....i dont know how you draw a parallel between his development and the NKs, when the NKs whole appeal was based on mystery, what he wanted, what was his connection, what was really his endgame...we all expected it to be much deeper and in the end it was shallow as a pudddle.

any others you'd recommend? I haven't seen those three and game of thrones obviously is coming to an end...

what you looking for?

i'm a big fan of 'the good place' (comedy).. 'you're the worst' (comedy) ended this year, but that's great.. 1st season of umbrella academy (based on a comicbook) was great

legion (based on the marvel character) is the best CB show on tv, from the guys who did fargo (kinda inspired by the coen bros film.. which with GOTs going to crap, has the title of the best ongoing show on tv)

if you're into cartoons, bojack, rick and morty and the venture bros are all great

I'm a bit confused tho..........
so you big up BOTB. even though ramsay literally didn't swing a sword. just shot some arrows and refused a 1v1.
but hate that NK didn't swing a sword.. Even though we had a whole ep of pure terror and carnage (same as BOTB.)
I'm not criticizing or directly saying this to only you.
but how is it different???
I feel like the NK was never a main focal point. just the threat of him, but not so much he needs to fight.
NK was a mage in an rpg. the mages don't get down and dirty. he did terrifying things.
I would say not having the generals fight were a bigger disappointment than not seeing the nK fight.

I think it's all in the execution and payoff. The whole episode built to Jon collecting on Ramsey and the ending was satisfying and straight up in line with Jon Snow's character. The cherry on top was Sansa offing him in a way that the character deserved on the show. Had the Battle of Winterfell ended the same way but with Jon actually delivering the death blow, the internet would've been going crazy and enjoying it, rather than being divided and going back and forth on each other for weeks.

Instead, D&D tried to outsmart everyone with Arya just for the sake of being unpredictable and then you have half the people just in shock/dislike it and the other half needing essays and videos to justify "Arya making sense". This is the equivalent of Luke in the original trilogy being the main character and then Chewbacca sniping Darth Vader somehow and then people defending it saying he's been shooting Imperials for three movies and it was always a plausible outcome.

Instead, D&D tried to outsmart everyone with Arya just for the sake of being unpredictable and then you have half the people just in shock/dislike it and the other half needing essays and videos to justify "Arya making sense". This is the equivalent of Luke in the original trilogy being the main character and then Chewbacca sniping Darth Vader somehow and then people defending it saying he's been shooting Imperials for three movies and it was always a plausible outcome.

IIRC, it was supposed to be Arya all along according to the Red Woman. I had zero issues with Arya doing the job, but it was just executed poorly IMO. Another thing, if the Red Woman knew of this outcome (brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes etc.). Why would she still pursue "Azor Ahai" in Stannis or Jon? Unless I'm missing something.

IIRC, it was supposed to be Arya all along according to the Red Woman. I had zero issues with Arya doing the job, but it was just executed poorly IMO. Another thing, if the Red Woman knew of this outcome (brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes etc.). Why would she still pursue "Azor Ahai" in Stannis or Jon? Unless I'm missing something.

That was just BS retcon attempts that somehow kind of worked with the new narrative, in simpler terms, just luck....same with them quoting Dany in season 2 saying she’ll burn cities to the ground and using that as “well there ya have it! We told ya she would!”

That was just BS retcon attempts that somehow kind of worked with the new narrative, in simpler terms, just luck....same with them quoting Dany in season 2 saying she’ll burn cities to the ground and using that as “well there ya have it! We told ya she would!”

Yeah, again. That definitely wasn't a hint in season 2 and they just thought they were clever re-arranging the words for this episode. Had that been the case, Red Woman would've just taken her from the jump and none of her antics after would've happened.

I've said from the closing seconds of 8-3, it's fine if you wanted to have Arya be the one. Not MY choice, but I could have lived with it, IF you had everyone do what needed to be done.

I did not need to see Bran sleep. Or Ravens fly around. Or the exact same NK arms raise. Or the exact same dead lay down on the fire to get across. Of the exact same Giant beat down the door. Or a little girl get crushed yet stab a Giant. We didn't need ANY of that.

You snuff out the Dothraki, ok fine. Still a cool visual, true doom, go ahead. The dead are gonna STOMP the unsullied, and the Northerners, got it. Do that work.

But let's have the Generals roll up on Arya, Jon, Tormund, Greyworm, Brieanne, Jamie, Podric, Gendry, Theon, Jorah, and let's do this right.

Raise the dead Starks, I'm totally good with that. Have Berric and Hound go down there to help defend the crypts. Hound saving Tyrion and Sansa, all good.

Now we're dancing, elite warriors, elite White Walkers. NK maybe he gets his hands dirty, maybe he doesn't, play that how you feel it should. Brieanne goes down. Theon goes down. Gendry goes down. (Lighting up Arya) Couple white walkers fall, you have losses on both sides, heroes dying, villians dying, and in the end, either Jon or Arya makes the move.

Your losses are felt more. True losses. You finish storylines for people better. Brianne after being Knighted and so happy. Gendry after being with Arya. Jorah to still have Dany messed up. Theon goes in a better way than the 100 yard dash, alongside his brother. Jamie feels it for Brianne dying. He has anger towards Cersei for not helping. :nerd:

You could have stomped the hell out of the living, but still won the overall war. You would have used the NK, his White Walkers, and each of the main characters would have had better payoffs.

Jon was SURROUNDED by dead, lived
Brianne was SURROUNDED by dead, lived
Jamie was SURROUNDED by dead, lived
Dany was SURROUNDED by dead, lived
Gendry was SURROUNDED by dead, lived
Podric (who's been fighting for like a month or two) was SURROUNDED by dead, lived
Sam was SURROUNDED by dead, lived
Greyworm was SURROUNDED by dead, lived

If you feel the way they did that episode is better than the way I laid out, then we can agree to disagree.

again, the show had a perfect example of how arya sticking the NK with jon at least fighting dude could have played out:

main-qimg-99b9d4fc8c9ffa34822561b152608d98

I mean, we let Brianne live, so we can leave her in her nightgown crying in the freezing cold. Instead of a heroes death.

We let Tormund live, so he could hug Jon and go home before the next big war.

We let Gendry live, so he could be rejected by Arya.

We let Podric live, so, I don't know why.

We let Sam live, so he could return his library books????

We let Ghost live, so he could not get petted.

We let these characters live in a battle against the dead, so we could just write them off the next ep. :rofl: :rofl: :stoneface:

imagine if dany had gone for KL first

like strategically wouldnt it have made more sense to get cersei out the way then focus on NK

and being farther away/safer in the south than at winterfell

and attacking before cersei even has weapons to counter with

and of course you dont lose viserion north of the wall

so you dont lose rhaegal either

I've said from the closing seconds of 8-3, it's fine if you wanted to have Arya be the one. Not MY choice, but I could have lived with it, IF you had everyone do what needed to be done.

I did not need to see Bran sleep. Or Ravens fly around. Or the exact same NK arms raise. Or the exact same dead lay down on the fire to get across. Of the exact same Giant beat down the door. Or a little girl get crushed yet stab a Giant. We didn't need ANY of that.

You snuff out the Dothraki, ok fine. Still a cool visual, true doom, go ahead. The dead are gonna STOMP the unsullied, and the Northerners, got it. Do that work.

But let's have the Generals roll up on Arya, Jon, Tormund, Greyworm, Brieanne, Jamie, Podric, Gendry, Theon, Jorah, and let's do this right.

Raise the dead Starks, I'm totally good with that. Have Berric and Hound go down there to help defend the crypts. Hound saving Tyrion and Sansa, all good.

Now we're dancing, elite warriors, elite White Walkers. NK maybe he gets his hands dirty, maybe he doesn't, play that how you feel it should. Brieanne goes down. Theon goes down. Gendry goes down. (Lighting up Arya) Couple white walkers fall, you have losses on both sides, heroes dying, villians dying, and in the end, either Jon or Arya makes the move.

Your losses are felt more. True losses. You finish storylines for people better. Brianne after being Knighted and so happy. Gendry after being with Arya. Jorah to still have Dany messed up. Theon goes in a better way than the 100 yard dash, alongside his brother. Jamie feels it for Brianne dying. He has anger towards Cersei for not helping. :nerd:

You could have stomped the hell out of the living, but still won the overall war. You would have used the NK, his White Walkers, and each of the main characters would have had better payoffs.

Jon was SURROUNDED by dead, lived
Brianne was SURROUNDED by dead, lived
Jamie was SURROUNDED by dead, lived
Dany was SURROUNDED by dead, lived
Gendry was SURROUNDED by dead, lived
Podric (who's been fighting for like a month or two) was SURROUNDED by dead, lived
Sam was SURROUNDED by dead, lived
Greyworm was SURROUNDED by dead, lived

If you feel the way they did that episode is better than the way I laid out, then we can agree to disagree.

Something so simple a fan could have written it out better, yet these idiots, couldn’t care to write out a half *** good script for these arcs, this is how it should have gone down, specially when Briennes arc was going nowhere, Tormund, Gendrys, Pods....cmon!!

imagine if dany had gone for KL first

like strategically wouldnt it have made more sense to get cersei out the way then focus on NK

and being farther away/safer in the south than at winterfell

and attacking before cersei even has weapons to counter with

and of course you dont lose viserion north of the wall

so you dont lose rhaegal either

The way she wrapped by Cersei so quick with one dragon and half her army kills me.

Dragonstone is right around the corner from Kings Landing she could have wrapped up the Cersei and the Tarlys before noon as soon as she got to Westeros.

Damn every time I tune into HBO they playing the episode...lmao

The acting really was superb, the look on Danys face as she goes nuts, legit gives me a chubby.....is the sexiest she’s ever looked

In other news, the pilot for one of the prequels has begun shooting. It's being called Bloodmoon for now.

Back
Top Bottom