OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pretty close. A few things like the House of the Undying were butchered. But book vs. show it's one of the most faithful adaptations I've come across in any media.

Yeah 10 episodes just wasnt enough for book two. I'm expecting a lot better this season though since they're spreading book 3 out over two seasons.

Yeah 10 episodes just wasnt enough for book two. I'm expecting a lot better this season though since they're spreading book 3 out over two seasons.
with the direction they went in season 2 I think they did well in 10 eps

I wish this show could have 20 plus episode seasons. 10 is an ok number considering how expensive it is to make. The seasons feel like they've over too soon.

After finishing all 5 books a few days ago... Im pretty curious how they plan on splitting the season up.

If it ends where I think would be the most climactic point...rw... Then they'll be like 2/3 through book 3.

I guess they could then combine book 4 and 5 and sneak a little bit of that in the end of season 4

edit all.....would make sense. im just interested in seeing ygrette.
what was the name of charlie chaplins grand daughter In the show?? jeyne?

Last edited:
Okay so I just caught up on the past 2 seasons. I really like the show. I love the whole game of it all and the political intrigue and all of the out witting each other/strategy to take control but I dunno about some things but I guess it's my fault. The acting is really good and truly brings little things to life you could easily gloss over about these characters and their personality. Plus the scope is big so it really pulls you in to the story

The show follows the book beat for beat which is great but for those who have read the books (yes book spoilers ahead):
Is this not depressing as ****???! What kind of story is Martin telling? I'm holding out hope for what's left of the House of Stark but damn at this pace it seems it'll take years for when the young children Arrya and Bran grow up to get actual revenge the way the rest of them have dropped like flies and been betrayed. I mean damn what the ****. This is depressing. I want to see some revenge and these Lannister's are still alive. Only lovable one is Tyrion. The rest can all die. I get it and it's done well but I'm not buying a redemption arc for Jaimie and I don't care how Cersi tries to rationalize her actions. I can give the incest a pass but when this dudes throws a 10 year old out a window and make him a cripple you are hated and it won't change. Plus Tyrion gets blamed for it and that's never made clear to the Stark family cuz of his blood. How the **** is this guy Jaimie still alive? Especially when we see what happens to Robb and his moms

Don't get me started on this lame *** sick **** Geoffrey/Joffrey. Son out here passing up yambs, abusing the yambs. Just being such a cruel and twisted ****. Like c'mon and then he doesn't even get butchered when he dies. Can that old *** grandmesiter at least die?

But yeah I thought Martin was framing this story to make someone from the house of Stark the hero in the end, not so much happy ending but at least some justice. The way he's written this and the way it comes on in the series so far you'd almost think this was a retelling of actual history the way he brings in these vast amount of characters and adds so many back stories and involves them in such high quality adventures/journeys in the overall bigger plot. It's crazy. There's a lot put in to these horrible ppl I want to see die or who are still awful ppl but cool.

Reminds me a lot of Berserk in that way :smokin

Only other complaints are that I love how they cover various stories/locations in each ep but is it me or are there TOO many characters? The amount of characters at times can be burdensome. It literally took me 2 seasons to get all these names right and even though they kill characters at a good pace they're already adding new ones. The side characters are really colorful so that makes it harder. The last would be the magical/fantasy slant on this. I started watching this show with no knowledge on it and only going off of a commercial and vid clip of all the sex scenes I was able to set the story in some sort of medieval Camelot like era and the whole time I'm thinking these monster stories, talks of GODs, and dragons was just bs. I'm thinking the white walkers are just some badass warriors that are hard to kill mean ************* only to see that change to the actual undead. Now I don't mind it much but the way they end each season finale so far with a magical touch is underwhelming. First we get dragons then the army of white walkers approaching the wall. That's not enough for me, Ned Stark's beheading was more impactufl imo and that was in the ep right before the finale. I would've took Khalessi coming out the fire without a scratch but 3 mini cgi dragons didn't make me go :wow: Same goes for that broad birthing that black murder ghost. I can go for stuff like that witch bringing back Drogo but basically with no consciousness, the Jaqen dude, illusion dude tha was part of the 13 of Qarth, and stuff like Bran's dreams

I'm talking Varys, Tyrion, Theon, Robb, Jon Snow, Stannis and his Red priestess, Tywin, the Tyrells, little finger (currently forgot his real name), Danerys, the rest of the Greyjoys, house of Arryn, this face changing Jaquen dude, Cersi, Sansa, etc. Then there's all these ******g lands. Not to mention the fat kid rolling with Arya and Robert's son, all the other dudes in the Night's watch, cool guy rolling with Tyrion. It's like every interesting character I like has a really interesting right hand man with them.

I've already forgot the family that was running the bridge when Robb needed to cross.

Overall great series though and I will keep up. Not sure I can wait week to week for it though. I may just wait again and do another dope 10 hr marathon.

Last edited:
^
You should check out the tv show's wiki or go on westeros.org to help you keep up with all of the characters. I use those sites like a textbook if I have to look something up or want to read up on some of the history.

^
You should check out the tv show's wiki or go on westeros.org to help you keep up with all of the characters. I use those sites like a textbook if I have to look something up or want to read up on some of the history.
I've checked it out. I had to google it when some ppl came back and what not but if you read the books and you see how many more characters are coming it's still crazy.

Okay so I just caught up on the past 2 seasons. I really like the show. I love the whole game of it all and the political intrigue and all of the out witting each other/strategy to take control but I dunno about some things but I guess it's my fault. The acting is really good and truly brings little things to life you could easily gloss over about these characters and their personality. Plus the scope is big so it really pulls you in to the story

The show follows the book beat for beat which is great but for those who have read the books (yes book spoilers ahead):
Is this not depressing as ****???! What kind of story is Martin telling? I'm holding out hope for what's left of the House of Stark but damn at this pace it seems it'll take years for when the young children Arrya and Bran grow up to get actual revenge the way the rest of them have dropped like flies and been betrayed. I mean damn what the ****. This is depressing. I want to see some revenge and these Lannister's are still alive. Only lovable one is Tyrion. The rest can all die. I get it and it's done well but I'm not buying a redemption arc for Jaimie and I don't care how Cersi tries to rationalize her actions. I can give the incest a pass but when this dudes throws a 10 year old out a window and make him a cripple you are hated and it won't change. Plus Tyrion gets blamed for it and that's never made clear to the Stark family cuz of his blood. How the **** is this guy Jaimie still alive? Especially when we see what happens to Robb and his moms

Don't get me started on this lame *** sick **** Geoffrey/Joffrey. Son out here passing up yambs, abusing the yambs. Just being such a cruel and twisted ****. Like c'mon and then he doesn't even get butchered when he dies. Can that old *** grandmesiter at least die?

But yeah I thought Martin was framing this story to make someone from the house of Stark the hero in the end, not so much happy ending but at least some justice. The way he's written this and the way it comes on in the series so far you'd almost think this was a retelling of actual history the way he brings in these vast amount of characters and adds so many back stories and involves them in such high quality adventures/journeys in the overall bigger plot. It's crazy. There's a lot put in to these horrible ppl I want to see die or who are still awful ppl but cool.

Only other complaints are that I love how they cover various stories/locations in each ep but is it me or are there TOO many characters? The amount of characters at times can be burdensome. It literally took me 2 seasons to get all these names right and even though they kill characters at a good pace they're already adding new ones. The side characters are really colorful so that makes it harder. The last would be the magical/fantasy slant on this. I started watching this show with no knowledge on it and only going off of a commercial and vid clip of all the sex scenes I was able to set the story in some sort of medieval Camelot like era and the whole time I'm thinking these monster stories, talks of GODs, and dragons was just bs. I'm thinking the white walkers are just some badass warriors that are hard to kill mean ************* only to see that change to the actual undead. Now I don't mind it much but the way they end each season finale so far with a magical touch is underwhelming. First we get dragons then the army of white walkers approaching the wall. That's not enough for me, Ned Stark's beheading was more impactufl imo and that was in the ep right before the finale. I would've took Khalessi coming out the fire without a scratch but 3 mini cgi dragons didn't make me go :wow: Same goes for that broad birthing that black murder ghost. I can go for stuff like that witch bringing back Drogo but basically with no consciousness, the Jaqen dude, illusion dude tha was part of the 13 of Qarth, and stuff like Bran's dreams

I'm talking Varys, Tyrion, Theon, Robb, Jon Snow, Stannis and his Red priestess, Tywin, the Tyrells, little finger (currently forgot his real name), Danerys, the rest of the Greyjoys, house of Arryn, this face changing Jaquen dude, Cersi, Sansa, etc. Then there's all these ******g lands. Not to mention the fat kid rolling with Arya and Robert's son, all the other dudes in the Night's watch, cool guy rolling with Tyrion. It's like every interesting character I like has a really interesting right hand man with them.

I've already forgot the family that was running the bridge when Robb needed to cross.

Overall great series though and I will keep up. Not sure I can wait week to week for it though. I may just wait again and do another dope 10 hr marathon.

George Martin really is a fat ******g pedophile if you think about it :lol: I really have no idea how hes gonna wrap the whole story up cleanly in the last two books. He spent the book 4 and 5 writing in circles getting nothing accomplished. I have dreams of Jon Snow being revealed as the true born son of Rhaegar and becoming king but i dont think thats gonna happen anymore

Last edited:

George Martin really is a fat ******g pedophile if you think about it :lol: I really have no idea how hes gonna wrap the whole story up cleanly in the last two books. He spent the book 4 and 5 writing in circles getting nothing accomplished. I have dreams of Jon Snow being revealed as the true born son of Rhaegar and becoming king but i dont think thats gonna happen anymore
The night's watch would have to be slaughtered or he somehow unites the wildings with them as well some other force, take the North and continue to conquer all of the South. I know I was thinking for a while what if the plan was to somehow link Danerys with some guy cuz she can't do it alone but I kinda doubt it now. Probably not Jon.

all right fellas there is a book thread also. I hate to be that guy screaming no book spoilers. but there will be people doing that. and curiosity always has people clicking spoiler tags.
so with all due respect anything regarding the book should be moved to that thread.

Last edited:
^
I've checked it out. I had to google it when some ppl came back and what not but if you read the books and you see how many more characters are coming it's still crazy.
You get used to it. GRRM throws a ton of people at you, a lot of small time characters as well that pop in and out of the story. Some aren't even seen again for a book or two. I like it, he's made the world so expansive. There's so many story lines going on that people have no idea how he'll ultimately end this epic story. The only downside to it is he takes forever to write a book. He has to edit it so many times to make sure everything lines up.

Last edited:
all right fellas there is a book thread also. I hate to be that guy screaming no book spoilers. but there will be people doing that. and curiosity always has people clicking spoiler tags.
so with all due respect anything regarding the book should be moved to that thread.
Link? :nerd:

Didn't know there was a book thread. I searched A Song of Ice & Fire and don't see anything.

Last edited:
Season Three episode titles revealed!

Going to put it in spoilers in case anyone doesn't want to know the titles:

Ep. 301 – Valar Dohaeris
Ep. 302 – Dark Wings, Dark Words
Ep. 303 – Walk of Punishment
Ep. 304 – And Now His Watch is Ended
Ep. 305 – Kissed by Fire
Ep. 306 – to be determined
Ep. 307 – The Bear and the Maiden Fair
Ep. 308 – to be determined
Ep. 309 – The Rains of Castamere