OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If I ever see the actor who plays that viking cripple he’s getting stomped out on sight.

If I ever see the actor who plays that viking cripple he’s getting stomped out on sight.

IMG_2817.GIF

My man @rexanglorum nerd raging over the historical inaccuracies of Vikings got me like :pimp:

I remember early on some things bothered me, especially about the widely known historical facts but I just accept it now.

The History channel itself use to be 99% on point with historical facts for the longest but once they saw ratings with Ancient Aliens they started selling out a bit to keep it going. They turned a what if book in to a multi-season what if show about aliens being about the unexplainable to inexplicable.

So that they take some liberties with their scripted ahowsnis not surprising.

Most History was recorded inaccurately, anyhow.
Vikings on HistoryChannel is likely as close to what happened as the "recorded History" as you know it.

Watch with that in mind, and all of a sudden it matters none.

The Bible for instance. Grew up on that book. 4 days a week we were at Service. I know the word. Some of this Bible being taught today, is not the same Bible I was reading in 88'

Ragnar's story more real than the fictional bible.

But nah this story on Vikings are scripted for drama and action. I feel the whole thing won't be argued.

I mean the future king Alfred is actually the son of a random priest who was kidnapped by Vikings. That's completely made up.

I never watched Vikings for it's historical accuracy. Again im not well versed in Norse history. So it doesn't bother me to be honest how accurate it is. There wasn't much on the history channell i watched before except a few war documentaries.
(last kingdom is suppose to be a tad bit more accurate right?)

Stannis and Ramsey's character def kills it too.

I still hold tho as a television show. There's a fight or battle almost every ep in vikings and it just seems like the choreography is always on point. costumes. gruesomeness of fights. Viking Blood lust. and the story and how it is continuing is always captivating. I still wanna see Bae Winnick naked though.

IVAR is a beast. lovin this dudes character.

I never watched Vikings for it's historical accuracy. Again im not well versed in Norse history. So it doesn't bother me to be honest how accurate it is. There wasn't much on the history channell i watched before except a few war documentaries.
(last kingdom is suppose to be a tad bit more accurate right?)

Stannis and Ramsey's character def kills it too.

I still hold tho as a television show. There's a fight or battle almost every ep in vikings and it just seems like the choreography is always on point. costumes. gruesomeness of fights. Viking Blood lust. and the story and how it is continuing is always captivating. I still wanna see Bae Winnick naked though.

IVAR is a beast. lovin this dudes character.

Yes, The Last Kingdom is a little* more accurate. Funny how dudes hated Ivar last season, and most have grown to like him. I've grown to accept the historical innacuacies, the ones I have a hard time with is HalfDan not being a son of Ragnar & Ivar and Ubbes beef. The rest just makes a good story IMO.

I can get the Ivar and Ubbe beef but not to the full on war extent.

As for other sons, they chose to keep it small. If Ragnar was real had at least like 3 other wives that he all knocked up. One even before Lagertha.

Ivar was a sniveling whiny little ***** in his first season of appearing. Like even the storylines early on made him look that way. All the sons loomed bad not named Bjorn and that was when I saw no potemtial in them running things.

Last edited:
I can get the Ivar and Ubbe beef but not to the full on war extent.

As for other sons, they chose to keep it small. If Ragnar was rralhe had at least like 3 other wives that he all knocked up. One even before Lagertha.

Ivar was a sniveling whiny little ***** in his first season of appearing. Like even the storylines early on made him look that way. All the sons loomed bad not named Bjorn and that was when I saw no potemtial in them running things.

I can see that with Ivar last season, but I'd read how Hirst couldn't wait to introduce Ivar. I knew he would grow up quick (he was only supposed to be 13 or 14 last season) so I was patient with him growing up. I think more of it was the writing, than his charachter. I also think they cast him perfectly, he has the same demeanor as Ragnar except MUCH angrier, and that thing they both do with their eyes I can't explain, but it's like studying/reading their adversaries is identical to me & both are battle strategists. I really like that, it reminds me of Ragnar.

Last edited:
I quit watching vikings. Not a fan of any of the sons. Waiting for whenever The Last Kingdom comes back.

Reactions: Ube
coudln't get into last kingdom watched like 6 episodes and it just wasn't hitting to me. probably didn't help i watched it late at night when I was already tired.

Damn this is going to be a long break.

I hope spoilers don't leak though because it ruined last season for me. That's why Lost was so good to me because nobody I knew watched it like that and then when I started to get into it the series was already done so no one was spoiling or talking about it.

With GoT though my girl, sisters, and everyone else likes to read spoilers and pass it off as their theories :smh:

They predicted the main Knight Ice King was going to ride one of the dragons and take down the wall... yeah okay.

Next big show I'm going to watch will be after it airs completely and go from their. With that said I never got into The Wire, or Seinfeld so I might watch those this year.

Damn this is going to be a long break.

I hope spoilers don't leak though because it ruined last season for me. That's why Lost was so good to me because nobody I knew watched it like that and then when I started to get into it the series was already done so no one was spoiling or talking about it.

With GoT though my girl, sisters, and everyone else likes to read spoilers and pass it off as their theories :smh:

They predicted the main Knight Ice King was going to ride one of the dragons and take down the wall... yeah okay.

Next big show I'm going to watch will be after it airs completely and go from their. With that said I never got into The Wire, or Seinfeld so I might watch those this year.

I just watched the show last yr. Only spoilers I caught were gifs/pics that I had seen but didn't remember the characters by the time I was watching. Oh and Joffrey but that was only like 2 eps before I saw it so I wasn't waiting on it.

Why and how will that help?
So people who have random thoughts about it can start a convo about it in another thread just so people can say... Take that to the GOT thread.

Back
Top Bottom