Official Gorillaz- Plastic Beach Thread. March 2 UK March 9 USA Streaming Now.

Rhinestone Eyes
pimp.gif

Empire Ants
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This damn online game is too addicting
smh.gif

I'm stuck on the elevator part trying to fix it. Anybody done this yet?

Rhinestone Eyes is up there... this needs a few more spins but that track is a for sure stand-out.

Album is fire. I'm glad I didn't play out "Stylo" as well.

Like mentioned "Rhinestone Eyes" is real chill.

Had a test today in class .....played PB on the ipod...

New favorite tracks of the day:
-Broken
-Stylo

This album is so dope.

-The Juice

I honestly can not get enough of Broken and Stylo today. I played those songs like 40 million times today in the gym.

-The Juice

I was expecting some kind of grimey sounding beats or the feel that the other 2 albums had. The album is still great regardless.
Empire Ants
pimp.gif

Ahead of the release of 'Plastic Beach' on March 8, Murdoc explains the album in detail

'Orchestral Intro'
I needed something other-worldly to to open the record. This album’s been a while in the making and this needed to be The Big Reveal. It needed to be portentous, vast and… oceanic. But graceful. Like the morphine’s just gently kicking in as the listener glides into the Plastic Bay. Mmmm.

This little symphony was recorded with the Sinfonia Viva orchestra, in Derby, around April 2009. I recorded with them in the old Rolls Royce engine factory, where they built the engines for the World War II spitfires. Which fits the soul of all this - a bygone era, the remnants of war and planes and decay.

continued...

'Welcome To The World Of Plastic Beach' (feat. Snoop Dogg)
Snoop’s the grandaddy, isn’t he? 'Doggystyle' was for many people the record that got them into rap and G-funk. The track also features The Hypnotic Brass Ensemble, a Chicago nine-piece brass group featuring eight sons of Phil Cohran (who played trumpet with The Sun Ra Arkestra).

This is a proper soundtrack: brass-laden, pimped out, plastic funk, mixing the organic with the plastic to form something new and shiny. And who better to open up this world than Snoop?

'White Flag'
This one features the National Orchestra For Arabic Music. 'Plastic Beach' was intended to be a worldwide collage. Via the guests I brought in and used, I could take little snapshots of the world.

'White Flag' was recorded in Beirut, around the end of March 2009. Over there, the Israelis like to fly their jets really low over the city once a month. It’s called “sabre-rattling

Album is fire. On Melancholy Hill is my favorite song after the first few listents.

Can't wait to see them at Coachella....

Oh. My. God.

I didn't even know "Empire Ants" was that dope.

The 2nd half of that song is soo damn hard(the first part was tight and chill too though)

I'm bout to make an appreciation thread for that joint...it deserves one

Back
Top Bottom