Official Headphones Thread. Vol. Beats by Dr. Dre Headphones The Best?

Originally Posted by JFDOOM

First a v6 charger
then a mac

now this?

damn son

You're the only guy i know that blindly spends his money on crap
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

First a v6 charger
then a mac

now this?

damn son

You're the only guy i know that blindly spends his money on crap
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Says the man who still sleeps in a racecar bed. Gettin new wheels for that anytime soon?
grin.gif

Dr. Dre Headphones and Bose headphones in actuality are really not that great. All they each do is boost the low end and pass the sound through slight low passfilters to make the sound seem deeper so you feel it. The average listener will take the fact that they are feeling the vibrations of their sound to think thatit means they are listening to high quality ++@!. It's true, you can buy better headphones for the price of Dre's and it's true you can get amazingheadphones for even more money, but the point is this: Bose and Dre's are a status thing. They are what's hot right now, what's cool. If your goalis to be trendy get them, they're not bad headphones they just fool listeners into thinking they're better than they are. The boosted low ends of bothof these brands diminish stereo imagery because it makes everything somewhat muddy and clouded together. Moreso with the Bose than with the Dres. But thetradeoff with the Dre's is they are battery powered and break very easily.

Originally Posted by Mr718

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

beats are one thing and one thing only, overpriced. that doesn't mean they're not good. just not good enough for what you're paying. that's when you know their marketing game is on point, and the target customers are misinformed and too lazy to research.

QFT

I've got the IEM Beats by Dr Dre Tour. I acquired them for over half off of the retail price. This is the only reason I purchased, because for the price Ipaid and the music genres I use them for (rap, rock mostly) they are very good. Keep in mind it also depends on what type of music you plan on listening towith them. If you listen to hiphop/rap that has a somewhat mainstream sound, rock music or music that has lots of bass and can get them for under retail,consider the Beats Tour. At the retail price point, there are quite a number of better options to select from Sennheiser, Grado, and Shure just to drop a fewnames that have already made an appearance in this thread. This guy Kakashi needs to stop posting. Dude sounds ignorant as hell. Before you goon about "who are you blah blah blah"....I'm OG. Peep the join date. Now go off and vanish from this thread. Thanks, and have a happy holidaysfolks.

Originally Posted by brandnew21

Dr. Dre Headphones and Bose headphones in actuality are really not that great. All they each do is boost the low end and pass the sound through slight low pass filters to make the sound seem deeper so you feel it. The average listener will take the fact that they are feeling the vibrations of their sound to think that it means they are listening to high quality ++@!. It's true, you can buy better headphones for the price of Dre's and it's true you can get amazing headphones for even more money, but the point is this: Bose and Dre's are a status thing. They are what's hot right now, what's cool. If your goal is to be trendy get them, they're not bad headphones they just fool listeners into thinking they're better than they are. The boosted low ends of both of these brands diminish stereo imagery because it makes everything somewhat muddy and clouded together. Moreso with the Bose than with the Dres. But the tradeoff with the Dre's is they are battery powered and break very easily.
Man nobody trying to hear that technical mumbo jumbo. They sound great, I have a pair and amsatisfied. The did cost a bit much, but now that I have them I am not concerned about the price. "Audiophiles" kill me with their snobbery. Sayingstuff like "average listeners"...whatever, does it matter how they make them sound good??? Just as long as they sound good is all that matters. Whocares if they use a sonic discombobulator filter that imitates the super echo inducing flux capacitor instead of being the real thing.

we get a lot of returns for the studio headphones because of the poorly manufactured hinges. They start to come apart at the screws.

I recently got a pair of Studios (for only a $100)... long story short, my brother sold them to me.
pimp.gif
Anyways, since I had them I been reading up more on them, to try to understandwhy they are priced the way they are, what should I be hearing, etc. just researching the product - trying to compare to some cheap-o in ears I've beenusing... not too sure I hear any major difference but my source is an iPhone, I really like the design, the sound is respectable, I would be upset if I paidretail, and my biggest complain is the sound leaking.

Also not really important but after having a pair of Beats Studio, I noticed something on Wale CD artwork that I hadn't paid attn. to before as I wasgetting ready to play it...

wale-attention-deficit-450x450.jpg

Hand me a late pass.

Are you talking about these?
SO_MDRV150CE7.jpg
. I remember going through like 4-5 of these inhigh school because I thought they looked nice and costs only like $15-$20 but the hinges broke. I remember being like the only one in high school freshmanyear '03 having these then ppl started askin where to cop and now I just see em everywhere

Originally Posted by gatorad3

Are you talking about these?
SO_MDRV150CE7.jpg
. I remember going through like 4-5 of these in high school because I thought they looked nice and costs only like $15-$20 but the hinges broke. I remember being like the only one in high school freshman year '03 having these then ppl started askin where to cop and now I just see em everywhere

Im on my second pair of those right now. Stepped on them and one ear fell of... The perfect pair of DJ headphones now
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Dr. Dre Headphones and Bose headphones in actuality are really not that great. All they each do is boost the low end and pass the sound through slight low pass filters to make the sound seem deeper so you feel it. The average listener will take the fact that they are feeling the vibrations of their sound to think that it means they are listening to high quality ++@!. It's true, you can buy better headphones for the price of Dre's and it's true you can get amazing headphones for even more money, but the point is this: Bose and Dre's are a status thing. They are what's hot right now, what's cool. If your goal is to be trendy get them, they're not bad headphones they just fool listeners into thinking they're better than they are. The boosted low ends of both of these brands diminish stereo imagery because it makes everything somewhat muddy and clouded together. Moreso with the Bose than with the Dres. But the tradeoff with the Dre's is they are battery powered and break very easily.
Man nobody trying to hear that technical mumbo jumbo. They sound great, I have a pair and am satisfied. The did cost a bit much, but now that I have them I am not concerned about the price. "Audiophiles" kill me with their snobbery. Saying stuff like "average listeners"...whatever, does it matter how they make them sound good??? Just as long as they sound good is all that matters. Who cares if they use a sonic discombobulator filter that imitates the super echo inducing flux capacitor instead of being the real thing.
The thing is

they don't sound good
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Man nobody trying to hear that technical mumbo jumbo. They sound great, I have a pair and am satisfied. The did cost a bit much, but now that I have them I am not concerned about the price. "Audiophiles" kill me with their snobbery. Saying stuff like "average listeners"...whatever, does it matter how they make them sound good??? Just as long as they sound good is all that matters. Who cares if they use a sonic discombobulator filter that imitates the super echo inducing flux capacitor instead of being the real thing.
The thing is

they don't sound good
laugh.gif
I agree...they sound great!! Oh my bad you must be one of those audiophiles...gotta loveit.

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

smpydh.jpg

pimp.gif

How are those? Quality?
Sound is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
but actual quality is
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

here is what happened to mine:

This is actually my second pair. My first pair had the same problem but my warranty had given me this one and about 6 months of use its dead SMH

I have used mine in Iraq wearing when we rode in the Chinook helicopters under my ballistic helmet andthese suckers still are in great shape and even in that loud S.OB I heard my music clearly, the noise isolation worked great . I would even go to sleep withthem on and never once have mine had any quality issues. Maybe I was lucky.

Bose $300+ joints are the best. My dude returned his beats, i tried em they look so stupid. Like who is gonna take there phone calls via bigg **% headphones.Lame Dre

Originally Posted by K Town Trash

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

smpydh.jpg

pimp.gif

How are those? Quality?
Sound is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
but actual quality is
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

here is what happened to mine:

This is actually my second pair. My first pair had the same problem but my warranty had given me this one and about 6 months of use its dead SMH

same %!*$ happened to mine. How does the warranty process work, though? I want my pair replaced. I wont lie, i was mishandling the tours. I blame myself forthe wires being exposed

Back
Top Bottom