OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

So for all of the so called parity the Final ends up being 2 of the 3 best teams since January 1st.

I got Blues in 6. Biggest key is going to be shutting down the Bergeron line with the Parayko pair and ROR line. Both goalies I expect will show out.

Get Maroon and Perron that Cup. :pimp:

That sucked...Out played all game and it was really only close on the scoreboard once, but it never really felt that way. Blues dominated.

Now just hoping for an exciting Cup Final.

This is going to be a good matchup.

Some key things I was thinking about:

1. I really need Krejci to step up and pick up the slack. He's having a good playoffs but it's been very quiet. I want him to make some noise for the Finals.

2. Great "D" corps on both sides. Bruins might have the advantage when it comes to skating because of the smaller D the Bruins have but the Blues have size on the backend. Also, the Blues have Pietrangelo and he's actually a legit #1 that the Bruins do not have.

3. Bergeron vs. O'Reilly. Pretty excited to see two Selke studs battle it out with their 2-way play.

4. Rask vs. Binnington. Rask has been godly this playoffs but I'm not sleeping on Binnington.

5. X-Factors: 4th line. Whichever 4th line can chip in a goal here and there will be hugely beneficial.

Last edited:
5. X-Factors: 4th line. Whichever 4th line can chip in a goal here and there will be hugely beneficial.

both 4th lines have been tremendous and both coaches have put them out there in critical moments with no hesitation

agree on the defense corps...Blues have more of a pure shutdown crew but we've got some guys that can really skate and get start the rush

A0D95C2A-9FD0-4E47-8830-EDB6F1465735.jpeg

Assembling the Bs army for Monday.

Series could and should be 2-0 St. Louis right now.

DeadsetAce DeadsetAce is the homey.

But the anti Boston sentiment is real all across the country unless you’re from the New England area lmao.

we deserved to lose tonight...too many turnovers at our own blue line and in our own end. not physical enough. and the top line is MIA

Is it just me or does it seem like STL never gets tired? Nobody ever seems to lose speed throughout the game, hell even in OT they just kept swarming.

Is it just me or does it seem like STL never gets tired? Nobody ever seems to lose speed throughout the game, hell even in OT they just kept swarming.
They seem to do a really good job keeping guys off the ice for long shifts. They only have 4 skaters with more than 20 minutes of TOI/G during the postseason and balance things really well throughout the course of the game. They have a couple guys who don't play much, but the 3rd and 4th lines put in a good amount of solid minutes.

It's still really impressive for how physical they like to play.

in the OT in particular, we got stuck in our end and with the long change, they were able to get a change while our guys were stuck and gassed

we shot ourselves in the foot a couple times like that with turnovers in our end or at our blue line. but oh well, hopefully we come back with our heads outta our asses :lol:

After 2 games I could see this one going Boston's way in 7, or going to the Blues in 6. Sounds dumb to say, but these next two will tell a lot about this series. Predicting 2-2 going back to Boston. Bruins will have a game getting into Bennington's head like Dallas did where he's gone after the 1st period.

Back
Top Bottom