OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

I'm in the Yahoo league, I still check a couple times a week to set up my roster. Currently in 3rd which is much better than I thought I would do
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by hawkflight6

The NHLPA rejected realignment because of travel concerns. So the obvious solution to that is to keep us in a division with Washington,Carolina and the 2 Florida teams
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I think the NHLPA is just holding realignment as a bargaining chip for the next CBA.  When they interviewed the players after realignment was first announced, most of the players loved the idea of playing every team.  

Originally Posted by ill4eva

Originally Posted by hawkflight6

The NHLPA rejected realignment because of travel concerns. So the obvious solution to that is to keep us in a division with Washington,Carolina and the 2 Florida teams
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I think the NHLPA is just holding realignment as a bargaining chip for the next CBA.  When they interviewed the players after realignment was first announced, most of the players loved the idea of playing every team.  
I'm sure thats part of the reason. They had concerns over travel and asked the league to show them how it would be reduced and the league didn't do that. However I do agree with the PA's complaint about the playoffs, saying that with the difference between 7 and 8 team conferences makes it unfair to those in the 8 team conferences.
I'm just upset because we have had a ridiculous schedule this year and now we're going to get it again next year.

And by the sounds of it, trying to get the next CBA is going to be difficult. And now more than ever I don't want the NHL to cancel games
30t6p3b.gif

refs letting 6 canucks engage in a fight and give us the 5 on 3 penalty. oh.

canucks are the biggest ******* in the league...wiese
roll.gif

Originally Posted by AC4Three

Lucic should be suspended. Stupid move on his part...
roll.gif

not saying he won't be...but if he's the only guy getting suspended, that's piss poor. 6 canucks are on the ice and engaged in punching ONE bruins player. yet they get no additional penalty.

^I agree. That play by Marchand should have been nothing more than a 2 min. interference call. Can't be clipping when the point of contact was above the knees. And no surprise at the Canucks avoiding dropping the gloves with Thornton. 

Originally Posted by LVJordan238

^I agree. That play by Marchand should have been nothing more than a 2 min. interference call. Can't be clipping when the point of contact was above the knees. And no surprise at the Canucks avoiding dropping the gloves with Thornton. 
Yeah...I guess Rome's hit last year should have been nothing more than a 2 minute interference call as well.

Yeah...I guess Rome's hit last year should have been nothing more than a 2 minute interference call as well.
not sure if serious

we got killed on the PK today...gave up 4 PP goals
30t6p3b.gif

hope lucic and marchand don't face any extra discipline

How was Rome's hit similar to this at all? Rome made contact with Horton's head. Marchand made contact with Salo in the thigh area as Salo was coming to hit him. Deserving of a penalty? Yes. A major and a game misconduct? No.

After Julien commented on Lucic's situation, it was announced by NHL senior vice president and director of officiating Terry Gregson that Lucic's game misconduct had been rescinded by the league.

that's just great...VAN scored half their goals on BS penalties today. not worried about them at all...still the soft $%% team that got worked last june

laugh.gif
yes, im mad
laugh.gif

umadsegs.jpg

hai guise

anyones know where i can purchase a ryan callahan winter classic jersey around ny

o_o?

or are they all gones
frown.gif

You Bruins fans are blind.

You guys always moan about the calls you get but Boston is a dirty team, and they play well in that style. But that doesn't diminish the fact that there are always questionable hits and plays with this team. How many controversies has this team already been in and it's not even half way to the season yet.

And today they tried again to be overtly aggressive and the Canucks made them pay on the PP cause Boston kept taking stupid penalties. This strategy worked in last season cause they don't call many penalties in the Finals and so Canucks couldn't take advantage of the way Boston plays.

ps. The league needs to start punishing Lucic for these antics of his, I'm not sure if what he did tonight will get him suspended. But next time he does something dirty, which won't be long, hit him with a long suspension for being a multiple offender. Handful of games and a hefty fine.

was with Giroux and Hartnell tonight at the bar... Girouxs serrriooussss for tomorrows 5pm game against the Sens - homie left at 12 to go to sleep lol

Everytime HBKid name drops I feel like it's a hockey version of Charlie Murphy's True Hollywood Stories
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
1qstx4.png

Back
Top Bottom