OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Ducks constant pressure is too much right now. It's a miracle Talbot stopped some of the shots he did.

How's the game guys? I'm stuck at a Brazilian steakhouse so I can't watch it now :lol:

Edit: I see why physicx physicx is freaking out

I'm just watching the game standing up in my living room with my hands on top of the head stressed beyond belief.

... pretty sure I need to pee but can't tell yet.

Respect to the Sens for taking out those dirty rags
pimp.gif

Now just need to see Edmonton and Washington lose tomorrow

**** day yesterday...

*Stomach bug
*Put down 14 year old dog
*Caps lose
*Wizards lose
*O's lose

No need to type out a long winded post, because I did that a few pages back. However, I maintain that this current core of the Caps will NEVER get over this 2nd round hump. Whole thing needs to be blown up and quasi-rebuilt.

I don't know how I feel about this sentiment from Barry, but he brought up the point on M&M this morning.. Should Washington move Ovi? I find that real hard to comprehend but then I think back to us parting with Eric Staal and how a "change of scenery" can be beneficial to some guys or clubs. Staal is not the generational superstar that Ovi is but its an interesting point to think about..Caps roster is built very nicely and I would think could take that departure alright if the return was worth it.

Thoughts?

I don't know how I feel about this sentiment from Barry, but he brought up the point on M&M this morning.. Should Washington move Ovi? I find that real hard to comprehend but then I think back to us parting with Eric Staal and how a "change of scenery" can be beneficial to some guys or clubs. Staal is not the generational superstar that Ovi is but its an interesting point to think about..Caps roster is built very nicely and I would think could take that departure alright if the return was worth it.

Thoughts?

As much as he's meant to hockey in DC, he's got to go. He's a situational player at this point in his career. 5v5 #'s dwindling and is only at his best when on the PP. He's lost a step, has many miles on his body, and is getting older.

If the window for the Caps competing for a championship wasn't closed, I'd say keep him around...but there's nothing going on with this current core. They tried, and ultimately, failed. Ovechkin, Johansson, Carlson, Alzner, Shattenkirk, Orpik, and Trotz are all folks who need to be traded, not resigned, or fired.

If it was up to me, I'd move Ovechkin, give Backstrom the C, try to resign Oshie/Kuzy, and go from there. While I think the days of being the best *regular* season team in the NHL are over, they can still compete for a playoff spot as a lower seed.

Most, if not all of the guys I mentioned above would bring back a nice return....draft picks, young assets who can play immediately, etc. On top of it all, hiring a coach who will actually TRUST young players and not yo-yo them like we saw Trotz do with Schmidt is exactly what a rebuilding team would need.

You guys think the Caps would ever be willing to deal Ovi to an offensively challenged East team? :nerd:

Sucks to see Edmonton lose last night but their future looks beyond bright right now...surely won't be the last time we see them go deep in the playoffs over the next few years.

With Washington out now,rooting for my dude PK and the Preds to shock the world and win the cup

You guys think the Caps would ever be willing to deal Ovi to an offensively challenged East team? :nerd:

Sucks to see Edmonton lose last night but their future looks beyond bright right now...surely won't be the last time we see them go deep in the playoffs over the next few years.

With Washington out now,rooting for my dude PK and the Preds to shock the world and win the cup

Montreal took on that dinosaur in Shea Weber, so Ovechkin would fit in perfectly :lol:

Galchenyuk + Gallagher + filler....let's go.

Whether or not they should, it's pretty much an impossible deal to make. Tough to find a team that 1. Believes Ovi isn't a choker (debatable at this point) 2. Is a Cup contender 3. Can fit 9.5m under the cap.

Whether or not they should, it's pretty much an impossible deal to make. Tough to find a team that 1. Believes Ovi isn't a choker (debatable at this point) 2. Is a Cup contender 3. Can fit 9.5m under the cap.

Caps will have to take on another big contract....As we saw with the Subban/Weber trade.

Gallagher makes 3.75 and Galchenyuk is a RFA (who is up for a raise.) Not saying it's impossible...but...

*when all else fails, there's always the KHL :lol:

Back
Top Bottom