OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Finally got answer on Ben Bishop in Jim Nill’s press conference today. Bishop had surgery on his knee in late May. Was supposed to get it done right around the time the season was postponed, but couldn’t get into the hospitals to get it done because of COVID. Sounds like it was just a knee scope and he would have been close to ready to be back for the bubble if he could have gotten it done when it was originally planned.

It’s always insane to me listening to these updates from all the teams after the playoffs.

As far as the Stars go, Benn needed surgery during the delay but put it off because he didn’t want to miss the remainder of the season whenever it started back up. Seguin played throughout the bubble with a torn hip labrum and needs surgery. Sounds like Klingburg had the same issue. Khudobin was playing with a numb stick hand for several series and had surgery today. In total I think there were about 13-15 players that either went out in the WCF or Cup Finals or played through it while nursing injuries that will need surgery during the off-season.

I don’t know how these guys are always able to just put their bodies through so many injuries and still go out and play every night. Hockey players are special man.

SAD-DOG.jpeg

Shocked Dobie re-signed with the Stars so early today. 3 yr $10MM. Him and Bishop for $8.25MM combined for the next 3 years is solid.
Gotta hope Oettinger is ready to go after 2023 though. Gonna be tough potentially losing both Bishop and Dobie in one offseason.

If you wasn't with me during Georges Laraque, Donald Brashear, Mike Grier, Anson Carter, more recently Simmer and especially Darnell Nurse, don't miss out when Quinton Byfield becomes a star.

DeadsetAce DeadsetAce , read we were willing to match the $6.5M AAV but it was the years from STL, right? Wanted OEL as replacement, but looks like he's staying with Coyotes.

DeadsetAce DeadsetAce , read we were willing to match the $6.5M AAV but it was the years from STL, right? Wanted OEL as replacement, but looks like he's staying with Coyotes.

yeah man, 1 stinkin' year

we need to get a stalwart on the blueline to play with C-Mac. bump Chara down to the 2nd/3rd pairing and cap his minutes at 15 a night (if he re-signs with us, of course). he was USELESS in the playoffs, even with all that time from Mar-July off

If you wasn't with me during Georges Laraque, Donald Brashear, Mike Grier, Anson Carter, more recently Simmer and especially Darnell Nurse, don't miss out when Quinton Byfield becomes a star.

Love Anson on NBC Sports intermissions though. He’s great in that setting.

we need to get a stalwart on the blueline to play with C-Mac. bump Chara down to the 2nd/3rd pairing and cap his minutes at 15 a night (if he re-signs with us, of course). he was USELESS in the playoffs, even with all that time from Mar-July off
I’ll trade you the potential of Stephen Johns for a season or two of Chara on a 2nd/3rd line role

Since he's phased outta STL, I'm thinking Pietrangelo. You diggin' the Taylor Hall rumors?

I’ll trade you the potential of Stephen Johns for a season or two of Chara on a 2nd/3rd line role

i'd love Z in that role for the younger defenseman to learn from. i know some team will pay him what he wants for that exact role

Since he's phased outta STL, I'm thinking Pietrangelo. You diggin' the Taylor Hall rumors?

too rich for our blood, sadly. craig smith is a nice pickup but we really need a legit top six rather than elite bottom six guys. i think smith fits in real nice, but we need to stay hungry and pay a top 6 guy

i'm hearing debrusk and carlo trade rumors which i'm 100% again (unless it lands someone LEGIT legit, of course). doubtful, though

Can't believe the Knights are really going to trade Schmidt to sign Petro. I was dreaming of them being our top pair for 5 years. :frown:

Back
Top Bottom