Official Hubie Brown Appreciation Thread.

In the mid to late 90's I use to love listening to Hubie. This was the period when TBS showed games on Tuesday and TNT on Thursdays. His analysis is unparalleled. At that time Penny was my favorite player, and every single one of his games, Hubie would always mention, "Now look, he's got a clear height advantage over _____. He can get that shot on the block whenever he wants. Whenever he wants."
One of my favorite moments was in '04 when Hubie won COY. Each member of the Spurs starting 5 all came up to Hubie before the tip to congratulate him. Definitely respected by the entire league.

"Ahhhh YES!"
"C'mahn!"
"Now, now, I'm [insert player's name]"

Always learn something from Hubie Brown.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Now ya see, what we have here is a thread about a guy, who's knowledge is off the charts, ok?  You know each and every night what you're getting from him, he's going to deliver insight, smarts, and the same lines over and over again every time he touches the court.  (chuckles) You can't beat that, ok, I mean come on.  (chuckles again) 

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

And
laugh.gif
@ Hubie butchering "athleticism" in that vid DC posted.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by dmncn lew

Hubie is wack now. He was waaaay better back in the day when he was teamed with **** Stockton.

1:05 Mark. Good Ole Days.
roll.gif
@ Him struggling with that word back then
My favorite player
smokin.gif

"All right, now watch this play, you see he moves in from the baseline and utilizes the pick.."
"All right, there's plenty of time here..."
"You want to take high percentage shots."
"He comes right in, right into that painted area..."

#hubieisms

"All right, now watch this play, you see he moves in from the baseline and utilizes the pick.."

"All right, there's plenty of time here..."

"You want to take high percentage shots."

"He comes right in, right into that painted area..."

#hubieisms

SCREAMS!!!!!! I DISLIKE HUBIE.....WHERE IS BILL WALTON WHEN YOU NEED HIM LOL

"OOHHHHHHHHH MY OH MY OH MY....."

Last edited:
Lakers vs. Clippers, Hubie time!
Yes Sir!!!! D.C. you are always posting Hubie VIdeos and such in this thread do you think that you or anyone else could find an interview that Hubie did with 680 the fan in Atlanta a couple of years ago? It was when Joe Johnson had snapped on the Hawks fans a couple of years ago during the playoffs. Accidentally erased it off my MP3 player and have not been able to find it anywhere. Thanks in advance......

EDIT- There was a link to it in this thread but on the conversion over from yuku it was lost....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom