Official Hubie Brown Appreciation Thread.

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

knowledgeable, informative and fair. My favorite analyst
pimp.gif
Wish he replaced Reggie's redundant #+* on TNT...

Now ya see, what we have here is a thread about a guy, who's knowledge is off the charts, ok?  You know each and every night what you're getting from him, he's going to deliver insight, smarts, and the same lines over and over again every time he touches the court.  (chuckles) You can't beat that, ok, I mean come on.  (chuckles again) 

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by kingkb34

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

knowledgeable, informative and fair. My favorite analyst
pimp.gif
Wish he replaced Reggie's redundant #+* on TNT...

You can add Jeff Van Gundy to that list. I can't stand to listen to that guy.
sick.gif

Hubbie is the man, sometimes he stumbles over words, or slowly rants away a whole possession of commentating, but so would you if you were 73 or 96 or however old h is, dude straight up knows, played, and coached waaaaaay too much good basketball, and the best thing is .... he still gets hyped. Every time there is a GOOD play, he is right there with Tirico or JVG or Collins who is actually describing what is happening sounding like hes having a stroke "OOOOOO.....OOHH MAN.......WHOAA......" and then trailing off for a minute to gather himself, and he is the last to chip in.

Hubie is the wise Great Sensei of basketball commentating, and if you don't bow to him.... you're just a young padwan (not to quote too much Shaq or anything)
Young Hubie

Dude thinks 2 seconds is plenty of time.
laugh.gif

Only reason I can tolerate an ESPN/ABC broadcast (and JVG of course).

When there's a fight or argument even a fastbreak... "Oh look out here, look out!" hahahahhahahahaha

The "plenty of time" is always the best.

btw, Van Gundy is a thug. I like that dude; he does not care what he says
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Dude thinks 2 seconds is plenty of time.
laugh.gif

Only reason I can tolerate an ESPN/ABC broadcast (and JVG of course).

laugh.gif
There will be .7 secs left and he'll still say it
roll.gif

hubie is appreciated..i like his insights from a coach's standpoint...unlike some other coaches who also are analysts who all they talk about is when they coached a their former player

Originally Posted by CP1708

Now ya see, what we have here is a thread about a guy, who's knowledge is off the charts, ok?  You know each and every night what you're getting from him, he's going to deliver insight, smarts, and the same lines over and over again every time he touches the court.  (chuckles) You can't beat that, ok, I mean come on.  (chuckles again) 

pimp.gif
I have not lol'd about something I have read on a computer in  LONG time, but that was funny.  I actually met him this year at the hawks - spurs game in Atlanta.  Super nice guy and he wanted to chop it up for a while.  His knowledge of the game is uncanny.  Last year during the finals I was listening to Hubie and Dr. Jack Ramsey on ESPN radio, much more educational than listening to van gundy and jackson.  Even though it was a delay between the radio and the t.v., it was still ALOT better having 2 hall of fame minds together. Some of his sayings:
- the painted area
-the most dangerous man is the guy inbounding the ball ( see Robert Horry and Rasheed Wallace NBA Finals)
- never foul a jump shooter ( never understood this until I watched a video of his on youtube where he explains why)
- there is plenty of time on the clock
-anytime a team misses a fastbreak layup, the other team scores within 4 seconds

I thought it was funny when LeBron and Stevenson had the beef going with Jay-Z and Soulja boy.  Mike Tirico asked Hubie what he thought about the beef and he said I do not even know what a soulja boy is all I know is I like smooth jazz, now can we get back to basketball. Another thing about what he says is that you can apply it to pickup games and it WORKS.  If you have a chance go to youtube look for his interview with Roy Firestone, it is a very moving interview,and the story about the pencil sharpener he tells makes understand why my parents raised me the way they did.

One of the best we have in our lig.

I wish he could still do the NBA Drafts. It was always fun hearing him butcher "athleticism".
TNT needs to get the draft back.  They probably lost it because too many people were succumbing to alcohol poisoning after using the broadcast to play drinking games.  If you took a shot every time Hubie said "ath-uh-let-uh-cism" you'd be dead by mid-lottery. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

pimp.gif
laugh.gif

perfect

Originally Posted by Method Man

One of the best we have in our lig.

I wish he could still do the NBA Drafts. It was always fun hearing him butcher "athleticism".
TNT needs to get the draft back.  They probably lost it because too many people were succumbing to alcohol poisoning after using the broadcast to play drinking games.  If you took a shot every time Hubie said "ath-uh-let-uh-cism" you'd be dead by mid-lottery. 

I loved the drafts on TNT so much more than ESPN.

Majerus
Hubie
Pitino
Big John
Ernie
Kenny
CHarles
Vecey

I loved it all. I love the music.

personally the trio of mark jackson, jeff van gundy and mike breen is tops for me, but hubie is always appreciated. that man has much knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom