Official Hubie Brown Appreciation Thread.

As a huge Jason Williams fan when he went to tha Grizzlies and then Hubie came in and coached I got to know Coach Hubie over TNT Hubie the guy not only loves the game but loves his players to.

I have about 50-70 Memphis games on tape while Hubie was there and countless times he hugs or even kisses a player on tha cheek like a proud father after a great performance,he managed to disect and improve JWills game without taking away from his flashes of brilliance and natural flare cast out the eraticnous n polished his game to the point of leading the league in assisst/turnover ratio.

He also had respect from players who had been known to b cancers b4 playing under him like Bonzi Wells he got a great amount of production out of Bonzi and never once did he flare up under Hubie.

I was sad the day I heard hed have to step down from coaching the Grizz due to health issues and the hectic schedule and Im sure every Memphis player was to as that team wasnt the same without him Fratello came in and lost the locker room and the team dispanded.

I will always b greatfull for his knowledge and also wat he did for Jason Williams game as I truly think without Hubies influence he wouldnt have helped that 06 Heat team to a Championship or be the solid backup he is now in Orlando.

Hubie Brown I salute u Sir.

Peace
Scottie

As a huge Jason Williams fan when he went to tha Grizzlies and then Hubie came in and coached I got to know Coach Hubie over TNT Hubie the guy not only loves the game but loves his players to.

I have about 50-70 Memphis games on tape while Hubie was there and countless times he hugs or even kisses a player on tha cheek like a proud father after a great performance,he managed to disect and improve JWills game without taking away from his flashes of brilliance and natural flare cast out the eraticnous n polished his game to the point of leading the league in assisst/turnover ratio.

He also had respect from players who had been known to b cancers b4 playing under him like Bonzi Wells he got a great amount of production out of Bonzi and never once did he flare up under Hubie.

I was sad the day I heard hed have to step down from coaching the Grizz due to health issues and the hectic schedule and Im sure every Memphis player was to as that team wasnt the same without him Fratello came in and lost the locker room and the team dispanded.

I will always b greatfull for his knowledge and also wat he did for Jason Williams game as I truly think without Hubies influence he wouldnt have helped that 06 Heat team to a Championship or be the solid backup he is now in Orlando.

Hubie Brown I salute u Sir.

Peace
Scottie

Originally Posted by BabyfacedAssassin31

Yeah J-Will's best seasons as a pg imo was when he played for the Grizzlies. Hubie made him a more disciplined point guard while using his strengths at the same time.

I am just thinking about how I don't enjoy TNT Basketball without Doug Collins. He was on the level of Hubie. Mike Tericio just gave them both a shoutout.

Hubie and Terico are well together.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I am just thinking about how I don't enjoy TNT Basketball without Doug Collins. He was on the level of Hubie. Mike Tericio just gave them both a shoutout.

Doug Collins would drive me mad everytime he would mention that he coached Michael Jordan. He was like Al Bundy with his 4 TD:s in high school. 

Originally Posted by ONEFORALL

Doug Collins would drive me mad everytime he would mention that he coached Michael Jordan. He was like Al Bundy with his 4 TD:s in high school. 
laugh.gif
Imagine how much Iggy has heard it

not this thread again
sick.gif
 how you guys can stand his homerism stances in each game is beyond me...

i guess u guys let that slide with all his basketball knowledge...

Hubie Brown
pimp.gif

Was happy when he was doing the Laker game the other day. Sick of hearing JVG/Mark Jackson/Mike Breen
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Physicx

i want him on NBA today with russillo again. that was a great podcast
I never deleted that from my IPOD. I have been campaigning that Bill Simmons has him on the Podcast.

Tweet him!
Originally Posted by NobleKane

not this thread again
sick.gif

Who is he a homer for?

I really hope that this is not his last year doing games.  I find myself looking on espn.com finding out what games he is doing so I can have the DVR set.  I think I will get in on the Bill Simmons deal to get him on the podcast, I just love the way he explains things.  I probably could have had a 4.0 in college if he was a professor for some of my classes.  He was great on the Ryan Russillo deal last year, I still listen to it about once a week.  Is there anyway to record espn radio broadcasts, when him a Dr. jack are together again?  I would much rather listen to that, than hear Van Gundy talk about Beyonce staring at him or whatever crap he talks about, that is useless.  I want to hear about continuity, baseline screening, movement without the ball, etc.  Not crap like hand down man down, or mama there goes that man. I do not think there is any homerism but he does like to see young teams succeed, but that is the coach/teaching in him.  If anyone has a link to any podcasts or interviews etc., please post them!!!  
People already know with me when Hubie is on the call, I will talk to them later, it is always great to hear him on Mike and Mike in the morning.  He is always ultra prepared and give stats like no other.  Big ups to whoever bumped this thread!! 

not this thread again
sick.gif

Who dont you hate though?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Now ya see, what we have here is a thread about a guy, who's knowledge is off the charts, ok?  You know each and every night what you're getting from him, he's going to deliver insight, smarts, and the same lines over and over again every time he touches the court.  (chuckles) You can't beat that, ok, I mean come on.  (chuckles again) 

pimp.gif
can't believe I read this in my head w/ Hubie's voice speaking
laugh.gif
perfect

The quotes in here are hilarious. Dude stays all business when it comes to basketball. if you notice during the broadcast that if it ever goes off topic hubie just stays quiet then brings it back to the game. Ive never heard hubie off topic.

not this thread again
sick.gif

Who is he a homer for?
Exactly. LOL @ Hubie being a homer

Originally Posted by Physicx

i want him on NBA today with russillo again. that was a great podcast
I never deleted that from my IPOD. I have been campaigning that Bill Simmons has him on the Podcast.

Tweet him!

not this thread again
sick.gif

Who is he a homer for?

throughout a game you can clearly tell what team he is siding with based on his reactions and tone. he will always pick one team. ive never heard him call a game where he was being nuetral.

i cannot believe nobody else notices this
laugh.gif

Hubie is wack now. He was waaaay better back in the day when he was teamed with **** Stockton.

Originally Posted by dmncn lew

Hubie is wack now. He was waaaay better back in the day when he was teamed with **** Stockton.

1:05 Mark. Good Ole Days.
roll.gif
@ Him struggling with that word back then

Back
Top Bottom