Official I own a Business Thread vol. "gotta spend money to make money"

^

How is the Harlem Brownstone market looking nowadays?

Last I heard the property values were slipping down from their highs and the sales were drying up.

Do you know anything about that?

Originally Posted by icekickz89

Good looks on this tread OP. Just curious, why was Marketing a 'mistake'?

Marketing...alone was a mistake for me. A double or minor could have helped me. Or more computer based degree. I suggest you learn as much as you can withdesktop publish, adobe, etc. programs if in marketing...or any business related field. I'm not sayin its a mistake for everyone...just go above and beyondwhat you are required to do...wish I had someone telling me that 2years ago.
Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

Great thread OP. Ive just recently finished reading 4-Hour work week, and have really been trying to brand store on a product to sell via the net.

Amazon link
Great read...finished mine about a year ago...might read it again AND try out the exercises this time, random girl one would prolly work 1 in 20or so. Other good business books: Crush It, The Knack, Rich Dad Poor Dad(alright nothing profound) Definitely post your suggestions for good business reads.

Originally Posted by jordan23collecta

Official Business Thread vol. "gotta spend money to make money"
saw this, wrong. Exits thread

-J23C

Don't you guys just love NT and how people post their little subtle, pointless posts without giving reason..why'd you click the post if you think"gotta spend money to make money" is wrong. We'd like to hear your thoughts as that is the point of thepost. Elaborate please?

I sell Volkswagens at a Dealership in Alexandria Va. Alexandria VW come say Hi, Im Arjay

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Originally Posted by aznjmacan

I import food to Jamaica from central/south America - every decision I make is a gamble
Yo can you give a little more detail and background on this biz?
Its economics at its finest - There are no price regulation in most 3rd world countries so there is a true market of supply & demand

I import dry foods (beans, rice, flour, cornmeal) from all over south america

The risks are high - if somebody else brings in an overstock of rice it will send the price down, but if you have it when there is a shortage you can doubleprofits

If you have family in developing countries it is a good business to try - I usually make 15-20% on my $

I import food to Jamaica from central/south America - every decision I make is a gamble
Its economics at its finest - There are no price regulation in most 3rd world countries so there is a true market of supply & demand

The risks are high - if somebody else brings in an overstock of rice it will send the price down, but if you have it when there is a shortage you can double profits

If you have family in developing countries it is a good business to try - I usually make 15-20% on my $
Interesting.

I was thinking about doing the reverse.

Shipping organic fruits and vegetables from my uncles farm in the Caribbean to America for sale.

Originally Posted by 410FRESH

Im Mike i can issue handicap parking permits
hook me up
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Buy broken laptops and electronics on ebay and CL and fix then resell them. Hell, a lot of people sell electronics that they don't even realize are still under warranty and they could get fixed free. I missed the chance to bid because it's hard to get my phone off my hip when driving, but I saw a Sony Vaio today 13.3 inch, c2d processor, 4gb of ram (it was pink though) go for 160something because dude took the hard drive out and didn't have the OS CDs. Tons of them on there without the battery or with a broken screen too, both of which are also easy replaces.
Now just wondering, how much could you flip that for after total expenses? Say a broken screen laptop for 160(same pc u just mentioned)? Howmuch would it cost to fix the screen, and how much could you flip it by?

The risks are high - if somebody else brings in an overstock of rice it will send the price down, but if you have it when there is a shortage you can double profits

Interesting.

Shipping organic fruits and vegetables from my uncles farm in the Caribbean to America for sale.
I dont know much about importing to the USA, but if you have the product - find a market

BTW Where is your farm?

Interesting.

I dont know much about importing to the USA, but if you have the product - find a market

BTW Where is your farm?

Trinidad.

4 Hour Work Week

Really good book, but be warned you will not be wanting to settle for a regular 9-5 after reading it.
laugh.gif

Between reading that and exploring the world of internet marketing this past summer, I learned more this year than I did in getting my 4-year degree inEconomics. But what I really learned was that you've got to be careful how you spend your time trying to make money, as many things are not profitableand never will be, so throwing your time into it ends up being like losing twice as much money as you actually are when you factor in opportunity cost.

My long term goals are no longer to be rich - it'd be nice, but frankly that takes way too much time. At the end of the day most of us are working so thatwe can enjoy life outside of work. I don't want to put off living life until I'm old - so it's a matter of trying to automate my income at thispoint so I can pay all my bills in as little time as possible. That doesn't mean forgoing long term investments and retirement, insurance, etc... butrealizing that retirement may be a pipe dream for our generation, you have to enjoy life while you can and maybe lower your retirement planning slightly toenjoy it in the present.

But hey - that's just my take on it today. Could change next week.

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Buy broken laptops and electronics on ebay and CL and fix then resell them. Hell, a lot of people sell electronics that they don't even realize are still under warranty and they could get fixed free. I missed the chance to bid because it's hard to get my phone off my hip when driving, but I saw a Sony Vaio today 13.3 inch, c2d processor, 4gb of ram (it was pink though) go for 160something because dude took the hard drive out and didn't have the OS CDs. Tons of them on there without the battery or with a broken screen too, both of which are also easy replaces.
Now just wondering, how much could you flip that for after total expenses? Say a broken screen laptop for 160(same pc u just mentioned)? How much would it cost to fix the screen, and how much could you flip it by?
Um, don't want to give you the exact link because I'm watching it now, but there's a 1300$ laptop with a broken screen and apparentlynothing else wrong on ebay for less than 10% of that right now ending this time tomorrow night. I know it's still under warranty because this modelhasn't even been out long enough for it to not be. The winner could potentially get it fixed for free, and even if not, you can buy an LCD screen for about2 bills and put it in yourself. Unscrew the bezel above the hinges, unplug the ribbon, replace with new, replace it back around it. If this topic is still upand I don't win it, I'll update the post tomorrow night.

Hell, electronics flipping is a more healthy market than sneakers right now. People sold those 399$ Best Buy Toshibas are going around 600$ right now, about a50% margin. Some of these dudes are even taking the battery out the laptop, selling it without it, then selling the battery in a separate auction. +*@@ isdirty
laugh.gif

It's also dirty, but some people buy a broken iPod, buy a real one, switch them out and return it, now you got 2 good iPods. That's not something Iwould do or recommend, but again it happens.

DatZNasty wrote:It's also dirty, but some people buy a broken iPod, buy a real one, switch them out and return it, now you got 2 good iPods. That's not something I would do or recommend, but again it happens.

nerd.gif

anyone in real estate? whats it looking like? how long does it take to get a license? i need a side hustle:pimp:

Now just wondering, how much could you flip that for after total expenses? Say a broken screen laptop for 160(same pc u just mentioned)? How much would it cost to fix the screen, and how much could you flip it by?
Um, don't want to give you the exact link because I'm watching it now, but there's a 1300$ laptop with a broken screen and apparently nothing else wrong on ebay for less than 10% of that right now ending this time tomorrow night. I know it's still under warranty because this model hasn't even been out long enough for it to not be. The winner could potentially get it fixed for free, and even if not, you can buy an LCD screen for about 2 bills and put it in yourself. Unscrew the bezel above the hinges, unplug the ribbon, replace with new, replace it back around it. If this topic is still up and I don't win it, I'll update the post tomorrow night.

Hell, electronics flipping is a more healthy market than sneakers right now. People sold those 399$ Best Buy Toshibas are going around 600$ right now, about a 50% margin. Some of these dudes are even taking the battery out the laptop, selling it without it, then selling the battery in a separate auction. +*@@ is dirty
laugh.gif

It's also dirty, but some people buy a broken iPod, buy a real one, switch them out and return it, now you got 2 good iPods. That's not something I would do or recommend, but again it happens.
pimp.gif
Smart guy. But you just got a competitor
tongue.gif
. I've been flipping electronics on Ebay for the last year or so too.It's def much profitable than kicks

Peep the sig

I make a 100% profit, im on my grind everyday, but I could easily be caking soooo much more
smh.gif

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Um, don't want to give you the exact link because I'm watching it now, but there's a 1300$ laptop with a broken screen and apparently nothing else wrong on ebay for less than 10% of that right now ending this time tomorrow night. I know it's still under warranty because this model hasn't even been out long enough for it to not be. The winner could potentially get it fixed for free, and even if not, you can buy an LCD screen for about 2 bills and put it in yourself. Unscrew the bezel above the hinges, unplug the ribbon, replace with new, replace it back around it. If this topic is still up and I don't win it, I'll update the post tomorrow night.

Hell, electronics flipping is a more healthy market than sneakers right now. People sold those 399$ Best Buy Toshibas are going around 600$ right now, about a 50% margin. Some of these dudes are even taking the battery out the laptop, selling it without it, then selling the battery in a separate auction. +*@@ is dirty
laugh.gif

It's also dirty, but some people buy a broken iPod, buy a real one, switch them out and return it, now you got 2 good iPods. That's not something I would do or recommend, but again it happens.
pimp.gif
Smart guy. But you just got a competitor
tongue.gif
. I've been flipping electronics on Ebay for the last year or so too. It's def much profitable than kicks
What kind? MP3 players? Laptops? BTW, I've never done it. It's just one of many things I have always considered but not brave enough toreally jump in. I need a 2nd laptop so I kind of want to try just to get more bang for my buck on my second one. Like I said, if it's just an OS, battery,screen, keyboard, cracked case or bezel, easy fixes. Power jack/charging issue usually just needs to be soldered back onto the motherboard, but that's morethan I want to do.

Originally Posted by KeVeNMaYnE

Peep the sig

I make a 100% profit, im on my grind everyday, but I could easily be caking soooo much more
smh.gif
I was also thinking of putting someone from NYC/LA onto my hustle and taking him under my wing
nerd.gif
since I got the chi on lock...

but you gotta be on it everyday
nerd.gif

PM me those who are interested and I will charge but you will love me once I put you on
glasses.gif

Peep the sig

smh.gif
I was also thinking of putting someone from NYC/LA onto my hustle and taking him under my wing
nerd.gif

nerd.gif

PM me those who are interested and I will charge but you will love me once I put you on
glasses.gif
Im in LA

PM send

My business is to create.

Basically I'm in the process of starting my own media company. a subsidiary of another Media company.

Thats all I'm going to say though. :] Good luck to all other Niketalker's and their business ventures.

Peep the sig

smh.gif
nerd.gif

nerd.gif

glasses.gif
Canada too?
laugh.gif

As for me, trying to get some work in this little studio thing going on. But more importantly I'm a sophomore in uni looking into stats
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Jaye05

As for me, trying to get some work in this little studio thing going on. But more importantly I'm a sophomore in uni looking into stats
nerd.gif
Son i work for kanye west record label. one day no one was there but me and a couple other interns and my mentor.

i started playing with it lol no idea what the damn buttons do
laugh.gif

^ the one that handels the myspace's right? i'm NOT the dude working with the equipment so we're in the same boat
laugh.gif

Amazon linkGreatread...finished mine about a year ago...might read it again AND try out the exercises this time, random girl one would prolly work 1 in 20 orso. Other good business books: Crush It, The Knack, Rich Dad Poor Dad(alright nothing profound) Definitely post your suggestions for good businessreads.

I dont understand what you meant by this.

Back
Top Bottom