Official I own a Business Thread vol. "gotta spend money to make money"

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

Amazon linkGreat read...finished mine about a year ago...might read it again AND try out the exercises this time, random girl one would prolly work 1 in 20 or so. Other good business books: Crush It, The Knack, Rich Dad Poor Dad(alright nothing profound) Definitely post your suggestions for good business reads.

I dont understand what you meant by this.

There is a "exercise" in the 4 hour Work Week book about going up to a random girl in the mall....saying something like "I hate tobother you but I'm running late and cannot talk but could I get your phone number and give you a call later I just thought your one of the most beautifulgirls I've ever seen" NOW that ISN"T verbatim....SO I'll have to repost it once I read again but it was something like that...exact wordswere much smoother and I could easily see working...its an exercise about being able to talk to anyone about anything..not being nervous and accepting failure.

Originally Posted by jayhawk17

Amazon linkGreat
read...finished mine about a year ago...might read it again AND try out the exercises this time, random girl one would prolly work 1 in 20 or
so.
Other good business books: Crush It, The Knack, Rich Dad Poor Dad(alright nothing profound) Definitely post your suggestions for good business
reads.

I dont understand what you meant by this.
There is a "exercise" in the 4 hour Work Week book about going up to a random girl in the mall....saying something like "I hate to bother you but I'm running late and cannot talk but could I get your phone number and give you a call later I just thought your one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen" NOW that ISN"T verbatim....SO I'll have to repost it once I read again but it was something like that...exact words were much smoother and I could easily see working...its an exercise about being able to talk to anyone about anything..not being nervous and accepting failure.

Oh yea, Im with you now. Yea I just finished reading the book, and I think IM going to read it again and do all of the exercises.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

4 Hour Work Week

Really good book, but be warned you will not be wanting to settle for a regular 9-5 after reading it.
laugh.gif

Between reading that and exploring the world of internet marketing this past summer, I learned more this year than I did in getting my 4-year degree in Economics. But what I really learned was that you've got to be careful how you spend your time trying to make money, as many things are not profitable and never will be, so throwing your time into it ends up being like losing twice as much money as you actually are when you factor in opportunity cost.

My long term goals are no longer to be rich - it'd be nice, but frankly that takes way too much time. At the end of the day most of us are working so that we can enjoy life outside of work. I don't want to put off living life until I'm old - so it's a matter of trying to automate my income at this point so I can pay all my bills in as little time as possible. That doesn't mean forgoing long term investments and retirement, insurance, etc... but realizing that retirement may be a pipe dream for our generation, you have to enjoy life while you can and maybe lower your retirement planning slightly to enjoy it in the present.

But hey - that's just my take on it today. Could change next week.

You can be rich and enjoy life at the same time.

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

4 Hour Work Week

Really good book, but be warned you will not be wanting to settle for a regular 9-5 after reading it.
laugh.gif

Between reading that and exploring the world of internet marketing this past summer, I learned more this year than I did in getting my 4-year degree in
Economics. But what I really learned was that you've got to be careful how you spend your time trying to make money, as many things are not profitable
and never will be, so throwing your time into it ends up being like losing twice as much money as you actually are when you factor in opportunity cost.

My long term goals are no longer to be rich - it'd be nice, but frankly that takes way too much time. At the end of the day most of us are working so that
we can enjoy life outside of work. I don't want to put off living life until I'm old - so it's a matter of trying to automate my income at this
point so I can pay all my bills in as little time as possible. That doesn't mean forgoing long term investments and retirement, insurance, etc... but
realizing that retirement may be a pipe dream for our generation, you have to enjoy life while you can and maybe lower your retirement planning slightly to
enjoy it in the present.

Just need a product.....got any?

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Buy broken laptops and electronics on ebay and CL and fix then resell them. Hell, a lot of people sell electronics that they don't even realize are still under warranty and they could get fixed free. I missed the chance to bid because it's hard to get my phone off my hip when driving, but I saw a Sony Vaio today 13.3 inch, c2d processor, 4gb of ram (it was pink though) go for 160something because dude took the hard drive out and didn't have the OS CDs. Tons of them on there without the battery or with a broken screen too, both of which are also easy replaces.
Now just wondering, how much could you flip that for after total expenses? Say a broken screen laptop for 160(same pc u just mentioned)? How much would it cost to fix the screen, and how much could you flip it by?
Um, don't want to give you the exact link because I'm watching it now, but there's a 1300$ laptop with a broken screen and apparently nothing else wrong on ebay for less than 10% of that right now ending this time tomorrow night. I know it's still under warranty because this model hasn't even been out long enough for it to not be. The winner could potentially get it fixed for free, and even if not, you can buy an LCD screen for about 2 bills and put it in yourself. Unscrew the bezel above the hinges, unplug the ribbon, replace with new, replace it back around it. If this topic is still up and I don't win it, I'll update the post tomorrow night.

Hell, electronics flipping is a more healthy market than sneakers right now. People sold those 399$ Best Buy Toshibas are going around 600$ right now, about a 50% margin. Some of these dudes are even taking the battery out the laptop, selling it without it, then selling the battery in a separate auction. +*@@ is dirty
laugh.gif

It's also dirty, but some people buy a broken iPod, buy a real one, switch them out and return it, now you got 2 good iPods. That's not something I would do or recommend, but again it happens.
pimp.gif
Smart guy. But you just got a competitor
tongue.gif
. I've been flipping electronics on Ebay for the last year or so too. It's def much profitable than kicks
What kind? MP3 players? Laptops? BTW, I've never done it. It's just one of many things I have always considered but not brave enough to really jump in. I need a 2nd laptop so I kind of want to try just to get more bang for my buck on my second one. Like I said, if it's just an OS, battery, screen, keyboard, cracked case or bezel, easy fixes. Power jack/charging issue usually just needs to be soldered back onto the motherboard, but that's more than I want to do.
How much are you making off this lil hustle you got DatZnasty. I was thinking of getting into something like this myself

Ive have this hobby where i like to sketch and come up with new concepts and try to pitch it to companies.I have a folder of like 10 ideas ive been sittingon for like forever. The hardest thing to do is get in contact with these corporation and to find someone who take you seriously.

Have anybody ever started a business and made there money flip besides selling shoes.

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

4 Hour Work Week
laugh.gif

Between reading that and exploring the world of internet marketing this past summer, I learned more this year than I did in getting my 4-year degree in
Economics. But what I really learned was that you've got to be careful how you spend your time trying to make money, as many things are not profitable
and never will be, so throwing your time into it ends up being like losing twice as much money as you actually are when you factor in opportunity cost.

My long term goals are no longer to be rich - it'd be nice, but frankly that takes way too much time. At the end of the day most of us are working so that
we can enjoy life outside of work. I don't want to put off living life until I'm old - so it's a matter of trying to automate my income at this
point so I can pay all my bills in as little time as possible. That doesn't mean forgoing long term investments and retirement, insurance, etc... but
realizing that retirement may be a pipe dream for our generation, you have to enjoy life while you can and maybe lower your retirement planning slightly to
enjoy it in the present.

Just need a product.....got any?
I just do Affiliate Marketing. I'm not creative enough to come up with my own products so I just promote what's hot.
laugh.gif

Affiliate marketing isn't hard to get started either unlike a business where you have to get loans and all that other @#!.

I'm not rich yet but the money I do make I invest so I'll should get there sometime soon.

I have my own blog that brings in a couple hundred a month from ads and I've done some writing for Dime Magazine (both print and on their blog). They've both been fun and great opportunities and gave me the idea that I would want to start my own media / marketing company inside thesports/entertainment/music industries except I don't have the market, connections, or capital to successfully start one up right now. Until then, I'mlooking for a full time job once I graduate from UMass this May.

A post with substance ----Much needed.

Anyone know some good books on how to network successfully not only in business but in other social aspects too?

I pretty much understand about keeping great appearances and dressing the part, but that's just a small bit to networking or selling yourself---I need morethough. Help would be definitely appreciated.

bump....c'mon somebody gotta have something to share!..ha.. bout to drop a new pair of customs so I'm hoping that sparks biz..kinda got a new plan toowith some videos and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom