Official iPad 3 Event Thread (new Apple TV too?)

Time to cop the iPad 2. Doesn't make sense to buy the new one if you have an iPhone and a Macbook.

Originally Posted by Baby Jumpman

So how much will a 16gig 3G for Verizon go for?
nerd.gif

$529

wait so did the cameras improve (the front and the back) or are they still the same?

Originally Posted by mrfantastic21

3rd generation iPad and still no new design.

If it aint broke dont fix it.

Still on the fence on upgrading from an iPad 2. Im pretty sure though once I see the screen in person I'll want it lol. That resolution is pretty nice.

Never used a 4g, so for it to be able to use 4g is there something else I need to buy? Cus one of my cousins owns like a hotspot thing for 4g and pays monthly. And if paying monthly for 4g is the case then ill stick to the 3G.

Does it NEED a new design? Or just a redesign just cause. 
Anyways, yesterday for the price of this new ipad, you didn't get

a better camera

lte, if you want it

a higher resolution screen

a faster processer

Its not more expensive, its a replacement and better than what was currently offered. Now if you already have an ipad2, this may not be enough to get you to upgrade. I have an ipad1 and i didn't upgrade to the 2. This 3 is more likely to get me to upgrade from the 1. 

This is how it is for most people. They can't justify upgrading a product EVERY year because it doesn't make sense, and there isn't enough time to integrate new technology and at a decent price point that Apple wants to keep. 

Originally Posted by SDTEKKEN

Still on the fence on upgrading from an iPad 2. Im pretty sure though once I see the screen in person I'll want it lol. That resolution is pretty nice.
Im not saying its broke by any means, but I can't be the only person out there who is craving an edge to edge screen (no bezel)

Originally Posted by Liquor Poker

Not feeling the name "the new ipad"

Is apple trying to set another trend? It sounds incredibly stupid. What are we going to call this when the NEXT ipad comes out? The old new ipad?

I'm assuming, the newer ipad

Originally Posted by Faint Dj3

Originally Posted by SDTEKKEN

Im not saying its broke by any means, but I can't be the only person out there who is craving an edge to edge screen (no bezel)
I agree if it aint broke don't fix it but they could have least changed the the back casing and used metal buttons. 

Originally Posted by presequel

Does it NEED a new design? Or just a redesign just cause. 
Anyways, yesterday for the price of this new ipad, you didn't get

a better camera

lte, if you want it

a higher resolution screen

a faster processer

Its not more expensive, its a replacement and better than what was currently offered. Now if you already have an ipad2, this may not be enough to get you to upgrade. I have an ipad1 and i didn't upgrade to the 2. This 3 is more likely to get me to upgrade from the 1. 

This is how it is for most people. They can't justify upgrading a product EVERY year because it doesn't make sense, and there isn't enough time to integrate new technology and at a decent price point that Apple wants to keep. 
qft

There should be no legit complaints about this device.  All I see is nitpicking by people who wouldn't be impressed unless this device reincarnated the dead or had sex with them.  Just be happy you live in a time where stuff like this is even possible.

WHy would it need one, it's  very nice design and I think it got thicker and the placement of the new technology certainly lead to the reconstruction of the body...

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Zyzz wrote:
LTE? sweet

hope the price drops hard on the 2, ill cop.

apple-ipad-3-ipad-hd-liveblog-3113.jpg

$400 for a iPad 2 but I would rather just pay the extra $100 for the newer one.
This will be my first tablet, for GB what's ideal? Price isn't an issue, but I don't want to purchase the 64GB if it's not necessary. I'll mostly use it for surfing the web and watching movies. I have quite a few aps on my phone and I do know they eat up storage space. Any suggestions from current iPad owners?

Don't have an ipad but I have a Transformer with a 32gb micro sd card.
Most of the space was only movies, I have like 720p quality movies on there though so they're pretty large files.

I think you'll be fine with a 16 or 32.

Back
Top Bottom