Official iPhone 4 UPDATE: "Nobody Comes Close." - Steve Jobs. Release; June 24th Pre Orders 15th

White_iPhone_HD-e1274477304407.jpg

Earlier this week we reported on rumors about Apple introducing new iPhone 4G / HD in white and black color options. A Taiwanese website had managed to get hold of spare parts of the iPhone 4G prototype and published images of the white color front panel of the new iPhone.

There have many reports which state that the fourth gen iPhone leak by Gizmodo has proved to be a major loss for Apple in terms of iPhone 3GSsales however, it is worth noting that almost every year around WWDC speculation about Apple’s new products and services reach a new high. So, the actual impact of fourth gen iPhone leak would probably have little or no impact on actual sales. Any person who follows or has studied Apple’s yearly product timelines would wait for the Worldwide Developers Conference official announcements. When David Pogue questioned Phil Schiller about Apple’s withdrawal from Macworld Expo in 2009 he noted:

He noted that Apple marches to certain annual product cycles: the holiday season (Novemberish), the educational buying season (late summer), the iPod product cycle (October), the iLife development cycle (usually March), the iPhone cycle (June).

We have seen many fancy concept pictures of Apple products in the past but this time the details about iPhone 4G are clearly perceptible. Italian website iSpazio recently published their concept pictures of the white color iPhone 4G (or HD) and it certainly looks stunning.

AT&T has confirmed that will be making major changes to its ETF structure on June 1st ahead of the announcement of the iPhone HD.  While the carrier insists the changes are not directly related to the pending launch of the device, the changes to the structure coincide with the shift in consumer device choice to smartphones and netbooks, similar to the reasoning given by Verizon Wireless when the carrier instituted a similar increase late last year.

The ETF will go up to $325 for smartphones and laptops from the current $175 rate, with a $10 reduction for each month in the agreement. Non smartphones will now feature a reduced ETF of $150 from $175, with a $4 reduction for each month in the contract. The ETF changes will only apply to new contracts signed beginning June 1, with customers under current agreements unaffected.

iphone-4G-video-calling.jpg

If the iPhone 4G is really getting the video calling feature then it will prove a big test for AT&T bandwidths. We haven’t heard of AT&T scaling it’s network to accommodate iPhone 4G so far. So I guess, either video calling is not coming in iPhone 4G or iPhone 4G is not going to be launched in June or well, we don’t have the insight news of AT&T scaling it’s network

According to online reports Apple is preparing to ship up to 24-million iPhone 4G handsets in the remainder of 2010

A new report from Digitimes today has previous iPhone manufacturer Foxconn set to ship a total of 24 million next-gen iPhones to Apple over the course of 2010.

The first of the shipments, which will reportedly consist of about 4.5 million phones, should be landing stateside before the end of the first half of this year. We would sure hope so, with the expected announcement of the new iPhone taking place on June 7th at WWDC.

The other 19.5 million will come throughout the rest of 2010, aiming to keep supply in stock.

With this report also comes some interesting new (rumored) specs for Apple's upcoming must-have device, including IPS (in-plane switching) panels with FFS (fringe-field switching) technology for a greater viewing angle and an attempt at making the phone usable outside in the sun.

The resolution of the display is said to be 960x640 and will be about 33% thinner than the panel from the iPhone 3GS, which will translate to more battery room for longer talk time.

Speculated to be Announced at WWDC 2010 on June 7th 2010 in San Francisco by Steve Jobs

Projected Release Date: June 7th, 9th WWDC Announcement Day or Mid June 21-22

Will Apple release iPhone 4G for Verizon? Critics say not likely now

Despite heightening interest in it and research showing that 60 percent AT&T iPhone users may migrate to Verizon, there is no likelihood that it will be launched anytime soon

Critics and gadget mavens at the Silicon Valley are not happy at the way Apple is trying to handle things of late. The giant corporate has been pushing its way through. Besides, it has been accused of stifling creativity. Its response to the lost iPhone prototype was the worst, according to some blogger.

Ryan Tate, one such blogger, is extremely upset with the way Apple is managing the show. He wrote: "That word struck a sour chord for me. Apple's been acting in many ways to suppress creativity and expression in the content it allows on the iPhone, including political cartoons. Jobs is admirable in some ways, but there've been so many cases where Apple seems to be going over to the darker side.''

He was so agitated with the development that he emailed the company's CEO Steve Jobs. Sources say that the content of his email was harsh and he had tried to berate the company for its irresponsible move. This triggered a heated debate between him and Steve. In an email reply the CEO defended the company's stand, writing: "We're just doing what we can to try and make (and preserve) the user experience we envision. You can disagree with us, but our motives are pure."

In response, Tate put the postings on the web. After this sources say he received some 300 responses on the burning issue. "And a lot of them were from Mac users who felt the company was getting too controlling. They buy these products to feel free, but they get upset when Apple acts like Big Brother."

AT&T to offer insurance for your iPhone 4/HD: $13.99/month...through the App Store?

BGR has the details. As of yesterday, May 27th, AT&T is rolling out a new insurance plan for iPhones called Mobile Protect. You must enroll in the plan within 30-days of upgrading/purchasing a new iPhone. AT&T is launching this service as: “Lack of iPhone insurance is a leading source of iPhone related customer complaints.

I have the 3G iphone and got it right when it came out. Will I have to pay anything to upgrade to this new one?

Originally Posted by thejrob

I have the 3G iphone and got it right when it came out. Will I have to pay anything to upgrade to this new one?
You most likely pay the discounted price like me.

the leak slow 3gs sales my ***
they move over a quarter million 3gs a week.
why not just release the god damn phone already

Can't wait for this phone to drop. I just got the Nexus One, so this phone better had stepped up its game. I have the 3G so there better not be a Apple or AT&T screw job keeping me from upgrading.

The black would look better. I wouldn't do it, we already getting robbed by at&t.

I still like it though
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BalconyBundles

i like..ill be paying the 325

why? your contract wasnt signed on june 1st.

again, since people don't bother to read, the 325 ETF is ONLY for contracts signed on june 1st and after. so everybody with a current contract will be paying the normal ETF. if at&t tries to pull some shady %!@!, tell them to go +!%+ themselves... or just be sheep and bend over to at&t and apple. your choice.

they say sales have dropped on 3gs. isnt that smart on consumers? they are just waiting for the 4g and they'll improve the sales then.

why the complaints.. apple had a plan and it didnt go accordingly.. boo whoo

Originally Posted by DJanoano

When is the release date for the Iphone 4g?

sources say will be announced in san francisco on june 7th and some people say it will be released the same day. i think it's gonna be released mid june around 21-22 of june.

laugh.gif
yea it does look really ugly. i'll stick with my jailbroken 3gs for a while until i see something that makes me want to spend more for this one.

Back
Top Bottom