Official Japan Thread: International Life

Man i keep up wit this thread but i wish u could make your pics bigger lol

so do I but most of my pics I just upload from my phone, not sure how to do that lol

If u use tinypic.com u can resize them.
Btw do alot of people over there wear the roshe?

Or what sneakers do u see alot of..just curious.

How are some of yall there? Yall teaching? Military?

Was thinking about teaching engl in Korea but damn Japan looks 10x better

and what i read about Japan from someone over at Hypebeast 
laugh.gif

there's all different types of food. they got your burger kings, sbarro and other **** found in america. pizza is different, you got up to 1000 different toppings. i recommend going with straight japanese **** while you're there. nabe, ramen, izakaya, sushi, yakitori joints. eat as many different foods as you possibly can. you'll find tasty eats where you won't have to drop big money to enjoy. ******* are from all over and you'll be able to find some if you're not afraid of approaching them. i've found a lot of japanese chicks in tokyo can speak decent english. you could lurk around shibuya station or roppongi drunk as hell striking conversations with different women and be able to bag a ***** in a night if you ain't ugly as ****. i recommend a club called feria for snagging an english speaking college chick easy money. hit a HUB and chug some ale. ride a bike through yoyogi park, go play a pickup game of basketball, **** with all the weird people in harajuku. stay in capsule hotels/internet cafe's to conserve dough. hit up a gay club in shinjuku and pop some mollies up your *******. the world is yours in tokyo. endless fashion **** to discover, check cboom's recent pics in the WDYWT. different gear. you won't be an some lost in translation bill murray ****, it ain't that depressing. everyone should be in tokyo at least once in their life.
any truth? sounds fun... minus the gay club part lulz

Nice pics, hope you're having a great time!
Did you see the Gundam?
What season is it in Japan? Do they have a similar 4 season cycle as we do?
Can you send me some flavored kit kats?

Forgot about this thread. Was going to ask about some sneakers :lol:. I've wanted to go there for the longest. So damn expensive from my research. Want to stay longer than a week.

Japan is dope! The people are extremely friendly and courteous and the food is amazing!

I'll bomb this thread with pics when I get back home

Going to Japan next week.
Does anyone know of sneaker stores that sell Nike SB?
I'm missing the tiff drop here.

Headed to Japan in two weeks.

3 days in Niigata to purchase 1500+ Koi Fish, then another 4-5 days for leisure. Thinking about Tokyo / Kyoto.

Need suggestions on things to do!!!! :nerd:

Headed to Japan in two weeks.

3 days in Niigata to purchase 1500+ Koi Fish, then another 4-5 days for leisure. Thinking about Tokyo / Kyoto.

Need suggestions on things to do!!!! :nerd:

I just got back form Japan a week ago.

What do you want to do in Japan? Let me know and I can make suggestions based on that.

Tokyo is big enough to fill a week or more, but 3 days may suffice to see highlights. We were there for 3 days and then another 4 days at the end of our trip. I was pretty tired of Tokyo at the end of the trip or maybe it was just travelling in general.

Kyoto is about 3 hrs away, also worth the visit and very close to Osaka.

Will you have the Japan Rail Pass?

I plan on going to Japan next summer for a month.  I want to do 3 weeks in Tokyo and a week or 2 in Kyoto.  I also want to get my back and chest tattooed.  Any recommendations on any good tattoo artists?  I figure it will take a lot of time to get the ink done, so I want to book as far as advance as possible.

in kyoto, i enjoyed walking around arashiyama and visiting the miho museum. kiyomizu was a really nice temple. the train station is gigantic in kyoto but to get around the city, you catch the bus.

there's a ton of stuff to do in tokyo. i'll be there in early april to catch the sakura and take my son on his first trip out of hawaii.

Going to have 3.5 days in the Tokyo area. I want to do all the famous tourist things and any possible day trips nearby.

Going to have 3.5 days in the Tokyo area. I want to do all the famous tourist things and any possible day trips nearby.
you can bullet train day trip to mount fuji.
harajuku/yoyogi park on a sunday.
tokyo skytree>>>>>>>tokyo tower
odaiba gundam
shibuya hachiko exit, shibuya crossing, tokyu hands, etc
shinjuku kabukicho :nerd:
ueno zoo
tsukiji fish market/ auction
asakusa sensoji temple
i can go on and on....

Last edited:
you can bullet train day trip to mount fuji.
harajuku/yoyogi park on a sunday. - my favourite place on the weekend / after 3:30 pm. :pimp:
tokyo skytree>>>>>>>tokyo tower government building - observation deck is FREE! provides same view
odaiba gundam
shibuya hachiko exit, shibuya crossing, tokyu hands, etc - shibuya 109
shinjuku kabukicho (red light district), go at night, but don't go hammered drunk. :nerd:
ueno zoo
tsukiji fish market/ auction - go early, things start to clean up by 10-11 am. Long line ups at the restaurants near by. If you want to watch the tuna auction you gotta go really early. Read travel blogs for more info
asakusa sensoji temple free walking tour, check the tourist information desk
i can go on and on....

akihabara area - anime/comics/maid cafes, pretty interesting.

Pretty much named all the highlights.

Look at trip advisor, japan-guide.com (very helpful), lonely planet.
If you can find a hostel/hotel within the metropolitan tokyo area. you can buy a JR day pass for about 1400 yen.

Last edited:
I plan on going to Japan next summer for a month.  I want to do 3 weeks in Tokyo and a week or 2 in Kyoto.  I also want to get my back and chest tattooed.  Any recommendations on any good tattoo artists?  I figure it will take a lot of time to get the ink done, so I want to book as far as advance as possible.

What are you going to do for 3 weeks? Curious. 1 week was enough for me. Unless you plan to work or something?

Why not travel more around Japan?

What's the sneaker scene like for sz 12+ guys like me? Not a common size in Asia.

Back
Top Bottom