Official Japan Thread: International Life

My wife went to Tokyo with one of her friends this week and said the big shops like Nike Harajuku and Atmos are definitely worth checking out. Great news for me, except that i'm here stuck at home by myself. 
indifferent.gif

anybody know where i can get buscemi in japan? preferably near or in osaka? thanks!

I spent two weeks out in Tokyo and a little bit of time in Kyoto. It was awesome. I enjoyed China more, especially Hong Kong.

Looking for some help for international travel to Japan. I will be flying out of Baltimore and I see Priceline is asking for 1800 with United Airlines. I have NO idea what is a good deal or not but someone with some experience with INT travel, give me some pointers. What have you used before to book flights etc.

Looking for some help for international travel to Japan. I will be flying out of Baltimore and I see Priceline is asking for 1800 with United Airlines. I have NO idea what is a good deal or not but someone with some experience with INT travel, give me some pointers. What have you used before to book flights etc.
some of the cheapest flights i've gotten were actually through a local travel agency that always advertises package deals (flight + hotel) to asia. i've paid as low as around $1000 for RT flight and 4 nights at a hotel per person. my brother just came back and they paid $600 per person RT to haneda airport. i'm in hawaii though so i know it's cheaper than coming from the mainland. if you're going to tokyo, try for a flight that lands in haneda airport as opposed to narita. it's much closer to the city.

I like using google flights, i find the format pretty simple and it also shows some of the amenities before clicking(wifi available). Not sure what your dates are but seem like flying out of Dulles would be a better option.

japanican.com(JTB subsidiary) is a good site to find cheap hotels.

Im going to Japan next year.

I'll be staying in Tokyo but I def. wanna visit Kyoto.

2 questions:

1. whats the cheapest place I can stay in tokyo thats still clean and nice?

2. whats the best way to get to kyoto from tokyo and back?

im horrible at directions as well so that doesnt help 
mean.gif

I can't wait till' I get my career paths underway so I can travel the world.

I haven't accomplished much, in my opinion... So when k reward myself, I'll reward myself well. Osaka is definitely a spot I wanna go to.

2 questions:

im horrible at directions as well so that doesnt help :smh:

Looks at the comment above this it's directed at you lol

2 questions:

im horrible at directions as well so that doesnt help :smh:

Best way to go is buy a JR rail pass, you can catch the shinkansen trains to Osaka or Kyoto and you can also catch all JR lines using this pass. I recommend buying the pass for the green car, your seats are reserved and it's less crowded.

Back
Top Bottom